Someone stop me before I give up

I'm so frustrated....I have no weight loss for almost 3 weeks.....I am just feeling plain bad about myself right now...

Replies

• Neeters1969
    Neeters1969 Posts: 53 Member
    Wow!! 121 pounds!! That is an awesome weight loss already. You can't give up now! Look how far you've come. I am inspired by your loss! Have you taken your measurements lately? Sometimes that horrible scale is the worst judge of your accomplishments.

You can do this!!.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    121 pounds is fantastic! I have been at the same weight for 3 months but I know exactly why. Trace your diary and see what has changed or maybe what you can do just a little better. If you started a new exercise it may be your muscles are getting accustom to the new moves. You can do it. :wink:
  • reddz12
    reddz12 Posts: 350 Member
    April! Don't you dare!! Three weeks so what?!?! You'd dropped 121 pounds in less than a year!!! That's incredible:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: ! AND furthermore maybe you're just getting close to where you're body should be? Have you tried switching up your calories, new exercises? Things like that>? If I have to drive home you're getting it!!!!! xoxo But seriously, three weeks ain't no thing!
  • terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    First of all, 121 lbs is absolutely amazing. You should be proud. Plateaus happen. Don't get frustrated. You just need to change something up to get progress moving again. Are you basing this plateau on just your weight, or are you also tracking your body fat %? Check out this blog a buddy of mine wrote about plateaus. It may give you some ideas.

http://tdnation.com/why-cant-i-lose-weight/

If you have questions, I'm always happy to help.

Allan
  • brizzeem
    brizzeem Posts: 82 Member
    I actually like seeing a week or two with no results. You can review your previous acitivity level vs your journal. You can then make sure your weight/height/bf% numbers are up to date and then tweak something. Increase your activity level or even decrease it for a week then bring back to previous levels.

This period can help you understand what happens when you change up your routines. By losing the wieght you've already lost you're probably familiur with the steps you can take now to further your progress.
  • ValerasN7
    ValerasN7 Posts: 5
    Whoa, first off 121 pounds lost is absolutely amazing. I can't even imagine myself having the will to do that so please do be proud of your accomplishments. So don't you even dare think about quitting! You may have hit the dreaded plateau but worry not, almost everyone who tries to lose a lot of weight eventually does. Do some research on it to see how you can get out of the slump. Switch up your exercises, incorporate different speeds and elevations into your runs. Alternate your daily caloric intake between low and high. For example:

Monday: 1600 calories
    Tuesday: 1500 calories
    Wednesday: 1700 calories
    Thursday: 1600 calories

Obviously this is just an example and your caloric intake will completely depend on your current weight and such.
  • MagnumBurrito
    MagnumBurrito Posts: 1,070 Member
    Go look at photos of yourself over the past year. Tell me you want to go back to the beginning...
  • cask16
    cask16 Posts: 196 Member
    Losing 121lbs could only be done by a seriously dedicated person, you are definitely strong enough to hang on in there. Congrats !
  • aprilflower18232
    aprilflower18232 Posts: 205 Member
    Thank you all....I think I'm just having a bad week and only eating 1260 calories a day is starting to get to me.....I'm so close to be under 200 lbs it's killing me ....,I am tired of always being looked at as fat.....
  • momof2boys2014
    momof2boys2014 Posts: 17 Member
    April you can do it!!! You have come so far, you are an inspiration for those starting our journey! Chin up, you will get through this!!
  • WOW!!! You have lost a lot of weight so far and that is great! You have probably hit a plateu and just need to adjust your exercise or your eating. You are doing great!! Don't give up now....you can do it!
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Thank you all....I think I'm just having a bad week and only eating 1260 calories a day is starting to get to me.....I'm so close to be under 200 lbs it's killing me ....,I am tired of always being looked at as fat.....

1260 calories is very low. It may be time to change your goal by 1/2 pound per week and get 1500 calories a day. It may boost your mood and energy levels.
  • delazouche
    delazouche Posts: 55 Member
    It looks like you have done an AMAZING job! Great inspiration for the rest of us! I've not lost anything for two weeks now....before that it was almost a month...but I hear the last couple of pounds you want to lose are always the most stubborn. You'll get there! I'm eating very low calories, too, so maybe I should try the advice people have given you and bump it up a bit temporarily.
  • kirili3
    kirili3 Posts: 244 Member
    You've done amazingly well already, and you can do whatever you set your mind to.

Have you seen divaslimsdown on Youtube? Her videos are great, honest inspiration. She lost around 200 pounds starting from 346, but whatever the weight loss, her videos are really helpful. She has one video about suddenly finding herself slowing down when she was getting to 200 too.