Why am I not losing weight?

Options
So it has been about 2 weeks since I came home from college where I gained the freshman 15 (more like 20).
Since I have been home I am much more active (work out every day), and eat much healthier.
So why aren't the extra pounds falling off?
Can anyone give me some tips?

Replies

• Starhaven
    Starhaven Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You're not eating enough according to your diary. And also, it's only been 2 weeks be patient and why don't you measure yourself. Sometimes you'll notice changes there that you won't with the scale.

Good Luck.
  • dizzylizzie34
    Options
    You're not eating enough according to your diary. And also, it's only been 2 weeks be patient and why don't you measure yourself. Sometimes you'll notice changes there that you won't with the scale.

Good Luck.

I literally cannot eat anymore because a) it makes me nauseous and b) i don't have the money to buy more food anyway. I am poor
  • lovebig30
    lovebig30 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    eat more! 700 calories isn't enough for a small child let alone a full grown women. an 2 weeks in not that much time. average healthy weight loss is 1 to 2 lb a week.
  • lovebig30
    lovebig30 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    can you have nuts If so go get some peanut butter and add a few tablespoons to your diet that way you have more calories,fat and protein which your body needs
  • Isakizza
    Isakizza Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter.... doesn't take much to pump up those calories without eating a lot. It's fairly affordable.

21525558.png
  • gotolam
    gotolam Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    You're not measuring correctly. There is no way you've eaten that little for two weeks and have not lost any weight.
  • rm33064
    rm33064 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Ramen soup is 18 cents a brick at Walmart. That's like 30 meals for $5.00 if you really are broke. Ramen and I were good friends in college, we go way back. If you're seriously full on 700 calories then eat a doughnut. Eat two doughnuts. And a candy bar. 700 calories is eating disorder territory. Here's a link if you need help http://www.nationaleatingdisorders.org. Check it out even if you think I'm crazy, you will learn some good stuff....
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    You aren't losing because you're starving yourself. Plain and simple. I've gone back only a week in your diary, and you only logged 2 days over 1,000 calories. The rest are averaging 500-800 a day. That isn't healthy, and is only going to hinder your weight loss. You can incorporate more high calorie foods like avocados and peanut butter into your day to meet your goals.
  • BRA_S
    BRA_S Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    You're not measuring correctly. There is no way you've eaten that little for two weeks and have not lost any weight.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  • pds06
    pds06 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    They call it starvation mode. You are not eating enough so your body is not releasing any calories. You need 1200 just to live.
    Eat healthy whole foods and eat your allotted calories.
  • 1princesswarrior
    1princesswarrior Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    You need to read the following. I am also broke and I eat much more than 700 calories a day. You are doing a lot of damage to your body. You managed to gain the freshman 15 so you can eat more. Sorry for being so blunt but I'm not going to sugar coat this.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1235566-so-you-re-new-here
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1234699-logging-accurately-step-by-step-guide
  • Strokingdiction
    Strokingdiction Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    They call it starvation mode. You are not eating enough so your body is not releasing any calories. You need 1200 just to live.
    Eat healthy whole foods and eat your allotted calories.

No.

Like others have said, you aren't logging correctly. You're underestimating your intake.
  • 1princesswarrior
    1princesswarrior Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options

+1
  • gotolam
    gotolam Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    They call it starvation mode.

That's what "they" call it. I call it bull$hit.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    You are wondering why pounds aren't falling off after being home and trying to lose weight for only TWO WEEKS?

How long did it take you to gain the weight? Longer than 2 weeks, right?

There's your answer.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options

Good Luck.

I literally cannot eat anymore because a) it makes me nauseous and b) i don't have the money to buy more food anyway. I am poor

How did you manage to eat so much that you put on 20 pounds, if you a) can't eat enough and b) can't afford it? You're not making sense.
  • dizzylizzie34
    Options
    You are wondering why pounds aren't falling off after being home and trying to lose weight for only TWO WEEKS?

How long did it take you to gain the weight? Longer than 2 weeks, right?

There's your answer.

Good point
  • dizzylizzie34
    Options

Good Luck.

How did you manage to eat so much that you put on 20 pounds, if you a) can't eat enough and b) can't afford it? You're not making sense.

At school I am on a meal plan, and there are little to none healthy options
  • dizzylizzie34
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I will make an effort to eat more. I do have peanut butter so I will eat that
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    This.

OP, I looked at your diary and it appears you are not measuring or estimating your portions but not weighing them. There can be a HUGE caloric difference between weighing a measuring foods and, believe me, 1 cup of anything is more calories than the weight. For example, 10 chips often IS NOT 28 grams but less or more depending on the size of the chip.

Also, I think your exercise calories are way overestimated. Zumba fitness is not steady-state cardio to where it can burn almost 600 calories in an hour. If you are getting your estimates from MFP or internet sources then they are greatly overestimated.

The bottom line, and this is my opinion only, is that you are eating more than you think you are.