How late do you eat?

Options

Replies

• Strokingdiction
    Strokingdiction Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Last night I had I big ol mug of chocolate stout beer and the other half of my twice baked potato about 10 minutes before I went to bed. I almost always eat something close to bedtime, usually something that I didn't finish eating at dinner. I don't wake up with a rumbly tum tum if I do and I rarely feel sluggish going into my morning workout.
  • Shauneerae21
    Options
    As long as I'm within my calories for the day, I will eat right before I fall asleep if I am hungry. I weigh every morning and the scale hasn't gone up all week, actually it went down (woohoo). When I first started MFP, I was still making bad food choices and would use up all of my calories at the beginning of the day because what I was eating was devoid of nutrients. Now, I honestly save most of my calories for night time because I know that's when I am the hungriest.
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I don't eat after six. There is no physiological reason for it, it's psychological.
    What if someone is 1000 calories short at 6pm?
    I have no idea what "they" do. That's never happened to me.
  • mickey9694
    mickey9694 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I eat when I feel like it. Doesn't matter if it's noontime or midnight; I haven't seen any differences in my performance. But, I do try to avoid heavy meals before bed if I have to wake up early for work outs.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    dinner at 8. Bed at 9:30

Sometimes wake up in the middle of the night and eat more.
  • Kita328
    Kita328 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    just ate dinner now.. its 10 pm
  • PennyVonDread
    PennyVonDread Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I eat whenever I'm hungry. If I starve myself because of some unwritten rule, I will binge eventually. I don't feel guilty about binging, my body is just fulfilling is programmed response to hunger stress. I lost a lot of weight working graves over the past year, so I don't think my body cares what the clock says.
  • I_love_frogs
    I_love_frogs Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    It's rare that I eat after 8 pm... usually only if we are on a dinner date or if we were up late that morning, we will eat later. If I am hungry though? I eat. Most of the time I am not so its not anything major.
  • ybee1991
    ybee1991 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I usually have my last snack about an hour before bed...so between 8-11pm, usually around 10pm. I don't think it really matters, I used to try to stop eating at 8pm but I'd get hungry and eat, and then feel "bad." Silly! Nothing helps me sleep like a full tummy and/or a glass of chocolate milk.
  • MickeyCastello
    Options
    I normally eat supper at around 6:00 PM, have a snack around 8:30 - 9:30 PM, and maybe a couple of crackers or something like that on my way to bed, which is somewhere around 11:00 - 12:00 PM.
  • suremeansyes
    suremeansyes Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    I eat until my calories for the day are done, and then I stop.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    Last meal around 9:30 PM - 2,000 cals or so. Bed at 11:00 PM
  • mxmkenney
    mxmkenney Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    There is no science behind it being "bad" to eat within so many hours before going to bed. Your body will burn calories regardless of the time of day - it only matters if you are eating at a surplus or deficit. I personally try to stop eating after 8, because in the late evenings all I want to eat is crap (ie: ice cream, chips, candy, etc). So cutting off food at a certain hour for me just helps me to stay at a caloric deficit.
  • skyfall76
    skyfall76 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I don't have a cut off, but my last meal isusually a protein shake
  • marywilsoncline
    marywilsoncline Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    there are a lot of BS 'articles' the perpetuate the myth that when you go to sleep your metabolism 'shuts down' which forces what you ate to be stored as fat

1) your metabolism doesn't shut down when you sleep
    2) if it did shut down, then you wouldn't be storing anything as fat, since that a metabolic function lol

i happily eat a lot, sometimes most of my calories within the 3 hrs before bed. i just naturally like to eat in front of the tv and so i plan around that.

if eating before bed is a bad idea, its because typically people have already eaten thier day's worth of caloreis and the before bed snacking just represents over eating.

This is very well said, I eat late to.
  • darkhunters1983
    Options
    i don't eat after 7 i need a good 3 hours before bed without food
  • AwesomeGuy37
    AwesomeGuy37 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    What is the absolute latest time? That's what time I eat.
  • KatyP35
    KatyP35 Posts: 2
    Options
    2 hours before I go to sleep :) around 9,10pm
  • allotmentgardener
    allotmentgardener Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Depends on when we have tea, if its a late tea then around 8.30-9pm, if early tea I might have a small snack around 8pm if I feel hungry.