T.H.E. Team... its a NEW YEAR....Join us! :0)

Replies

• swignal
    swignal Posts: 441
    Good Morning Team :drinker:

Well Julia is off to get her wisdom teeth pulled I have stocked up on jello, and potato's so that i can mash them for her i got a few other healthy things for her that are soft.. I know she is gonna be miserable cuz when she got her tonsils out lord I had to make her lots of smoothies I had to buy the machine cuz she wanted so many lol... I really hope this will be better!!!! as far as posting not sure if Julia will be up to it or not so it might be a couple of days before she reposts..

Bluedimplett: welcome to the TEAM.. looking forward to making this Journey together... That is awesome about your Company offering a health coach...

kbartnik : welcome to the TEAM as well... also looking forward to making this Journey together.. you will loose 40 pounds before you know it!!!.. sounds like you guys have a great Vacation planned

vikalyn: well you did good knowing that if you at something you would not be able to eat the other .. That was a lot of control on your part and you should be proud of yourself!!! Keep up the great work..

Cyndi: You are such an awesome MOM, I like my new phone ... I am sure I will like it more once I figure the darn thing out LMAO!!! last night i kept getting notifications and it kept going off so I did not get much sleep!!! ugh and i don't drink Coffee...

My Cousin came by yesterday and she was telling me her daughter wanted to get married on Valentines Day... but money is really tight so they was just gonna go to the justice of the piece and have a small reception after... her dad and his parents was suppose to help her... well NOT they told her they don't have the money.. The was just gonna go in their Jeans to the Justice of the piece!!! well Thank God my mom can sew!!!! she is now making her a Wedding Dress :heart: and I am doing her flowers and my Hubby is looking into the Banquet room and the Holiday Inn... so we have lots of planning and shopping to do before Feb 14... i am soo excited to be doing this for her.. She just Cried when she found out she is getting a dress and flowers and that we are working on the reception!!! I just makes me feel great to help other people especially when they appreciate the little things you do :happy: I am gonna look into Sams club to make cupcakes and then a small cake for them to save :heart: to bad we didn't still live in the country with the land we could have through them a reception when it got warmer outside!!! but we moved back to the city and my house and yard is so not that big lol...anyway...

I did good yesterday i did not go over calories but I did go over in my Protein not sure if that is a bad thing or not?? well here is to another day I have to cook early cuz hubby bowls this evening I love to go watch him... well off to try and do a little treadmill and elliptical I do not want to over do it just starting back out now that I got my medication!!!
  • CrazybeeRX
    CrazybeeRX Posts: 288 Member
    Good Morning Team!!!

I managed to log my foods for 5 days!!!! That is amazing for me. So maybe I am on track again. I sure hope so. The scales show a 5lb loss for me this week I am stoked! I usually lose 8-10lbs fast then slow way down to 1 lb a week. BUt I am excited. I can't wait for Friday's weigh in.

Sheila how nice of your family to pitch in and help a family member....maybe this will put her parents to shame and they will cough up a little money to help. I know it is hard times but even with as broke as I am I would do something to help my kids out on a wedding. I didn't have money for both my kids weddings but I did help some on both.

I hope Julia does well with her teeth pulling. Have her take pain meds before she is unnumb and then take the pain med every 3 hrs instead of 4 the first few doses. It is easier to keep pain under control that to let it get out of control and have to try to get it under control. Also eating less Julia should have a good weigh in this Friday LOL. Tell her good luck for me!

kbartnik: welcome I hope we can all be there for you and help you with this journey. This is a great bunch of gals and we talk about all kinds of things beside weight to make it more family like rather than cold and impersonal.

Bluedimplett: welcome I hope you feel a connection with us and enjoy our group. Don't beat yourself up for pigging out at Christmas time 99% of us do. You are so right that this is about a life change. We can lose the weight but to maintain it we have to maintain good eating habits. It's ok to splurge once in awhile but you have to get back on track the next day. If you don't we will get out the slipper and spank you back on track LOL. We all care about one another and we will care about you too!

VIcki: how are you doing today? I know you felt bad about going over calories yesterday maybe you can go under on calories today to even it out. Good for you for not drinking that gin and tonic. Way too many calories and sugar in alcohol. I've wanted a few Kahlua and creams the last few days but I stayed away. I am not much of a drinker anyway but feeling sad I wanted a few. But I didn't so all is well.

Cyndi, I think you are right making the kids wonder what is going on is a good punishment. Besides you took their gifts back too. Have they realized that yet or asked about their gifts from you? Did you get them some good stuff they will really miss? LOL

Well I have to get ready for work. Hope you all have a successful day!!

Deb

in june 2009 sw was 272
    dec1, 2010 sw 255
    gw 175
    jan1, 2011 247
    loss for this go-round 8lb
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Just stopping in... Still busy... And to top it off Aunt Flo came by yesterday and is insisting on staying for the next week...

I am logging but not eating right... Grr.... It will happen... I know it...
  • swignal
    Good Evening Team...

Just wanted to check in before I head to bed.. i was under my calories again today but not by much!!!! Julia is doing pretty good she is my BIG BABY :heart: she just wants mommy!!!

Deb they gave her Vicodin and it says every 6 to 8 hours... and they gave her Naproxen which says 3x a day.. all Julia ate today was an applesauce.. a pudding , and for breakfast I fixed her a baggle thin with 1 egg 1 slice of cheese and 1 piece of ham...and i fixed her a protein shake ... oh yeah Deb I talk to Cyndi and she got her daughter an Laptop!!! and she took it back... all I can say is Merry Christmas MOM!!!! I could use a new Laptop and I appreciate Cyndi LOL

Anita: take five to smell the roses.. and to log... Plan your meal ahead of time so its not so bad!!! I know you can do it... I am sure you will soon :heart:

Cyndi : it was nice chating with you this afternoon... I got my hair died and hubby never noticed!!! he looked at my shirt and said what is that I said hair die he said it looks like **** could you change your shirt!!! MEN WTF lol...

well I am gonna Head to bed.. Good Luck Ladies check back in tomorrow

Sheila
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Welcome Marcy! I think you will really like MFP for the reason that there is always support here. Even if you reach your goal, having others that you can turn to for support and motivation to not go back to old habits will definitely be a plus. :0) I know I was more sucessful when I had a good solid group of people like this team to learn with. So again, welcome to our little team!

Vik... LOL yes, debbie and I have been known to travel. We have known eachother for more than.. oh boy... 16 years or so deb? Met in an online chat room wayyyyyyy back when Prodigy classic was still around.. LOL!! I'd be game for a healthy lunch road trip! Its only a 2 hour drive north for me to get to where she is and we have gotten together many times over the years.

Today was a super stressful day for me. I had some legal stuff this morning to deal with at the court house and what should have only taken about an hour to do took all day long. Once that was done, I was starving so I stopped to get a healthy veggie burger on the way home not knowing what the calories were (my iphone battery had died) but figured I didnt care because I was so hungry. Turned out, it was the best thing to eat.. LOL

Other than that.... After being stressed out and coming home to find my youngest sleeping and none of the chores done, I called them both downstairs. They both decided to flip me attitude and... well.. lets just say I lost it in terms of being able to maintain the "patient" attitude Ive had for the last few days. I reamed them both and by the time I was done, they both lost a lot of priviledges and Im sure werent flipping me the peace sign when they went back upstairs.

Im under calories today and went for a short walk here a bit ago with my friend who stopped in to visit for a little bit and keep me company. :0)
  • vikalyn
    vikalyn Posts: 155
    Howdy Gals!

A GREAT DAY!!!! No cookies (I gave them an evil curse with I got to work), had a pretty healthy breakfast and lunch (dinner was so so), and enjoyed a Gin in Diet Tonic with DH while dinner was cooking.

I'll be waitin' for ya, Deb and Cindy. The pass opens usually Mid April - Mid May. It's a beautiful drive in the spring.

FIVE DAYS!!!! That one day at a time plan is working pretty well, Deb...Ü Onward to day six (and seven).

Sheila, I love love love what you and your family are doing for your cousin's daughter. I think the whole world needs to turn more inward to friends, neighbors and families. A little too much protein is better than not enough. If we deprive ourselves of protein, we crave it by feeling hungry. And some of us don't always make the wisest choices with we feel hungry. :tongue:

Oh Cindi. When my Mother did the silent treatment...we KNEW we were in trouble and feared the eventual explosion (well, boil-over is a better word). Hope you're doing okay otherwise.

Blue, I found this site on my Android, too. I just wanted an easy way to log my foods without being tethered to a 'puter or notebook. The website was a wonderful surprise, and love the community. You'll do great here...I have a health coach through work, too. They're okay, but I find them a bit scripted. We have the T.H.E. Team for gut spills, whining, sharing, and rejoicing. I can't imagine how my health coach would react if I hold her/him about an argument I may have with DH (they're rare but they're ugly!) Glad to have you aboard.

Kelly and Momma....you too!

Anita, deep breaths, slow down...talk to us! I'm even taking YOGA...and if you really knew me you'd ROFLYAO big time. Can't focus when you're too busy.

Need my zzzzzz's

Vicki - Ü
  • CrazybeeRX
    Good Morning all,

Hope everyone slept well. I did considering I had an upset day. I text Mike and asked him to come get his clothes from my house. He finally answered after 5 days of silence and aid he would get this within a week. It was difficult. Then just before I went to bed he got on face book for about 15 minutes. Just seeing his name there and knowing he wasn't talking to me hurt. I should "unfriend" him but I'm not ready to do that yet. Listen to me...52 yrs old sounding like a 16 yr old school girl!

I only ate 855 calories yesterday. That isn't good but I couldn't eat more. Right now I am allowed to eat 1510 calories so that was really a dip in food for me. I know to starve your body is as bad a over stuffing yourself.

Cyndi sorry your kids pushed you to exploding. Kids are good for that. Even at 19 yrs old Tony can push my buttons. I hope they get their act together soon for you.

Vicki: Cyndi and I will just have to plan a road trip in the spring/summer. I love spending time with her...she is a blast to be with.

Sheila I hope Julia is doing well this morning. Vicodin can be taken every 4 hours, but dr's like you to take it as little as possible so they will say 6 to 8 hours....don't let her get in too much pain because it is harder to get under control. so if pain starts at 4 hours let her have one. The naproxen is good for the swelling so keep that up. She should have a good weigh in tomorrow eating just soft foods.

momma: I am sorry for your loss and I know how that can mess with your eating. If there is anything we can do for you let us know. We are here for you! Not only for weight loss but for anything...this group is like family that is why I love it so much. Right now they are a life line for me to keep me from being depressed over a break up.

Vicki I agree that Sheila has a wonderful heart and is so giving. If everyone was like that then we could say economy be damned...we would all be helping each other out and making it...bartering and trading what we have and talents we have...I loved watching Little House on the Prairie because if someone needed help raising a barn the whole town came to help. If a neighbor was having a baby, someone else cooked for them. People shared and helped each other out. Nowadays people are too busy to look at their neighbors and no one does anything to help one another out. It is refreshing to see someone who shares what they have, and talents they have, and resources they have to help someone out.

Blue: where are you...haven't seen you post again.....come visit us and tell us how you are doing.

Anita: slow down...tell us why you are so busy. What is going on. I used to love your posts. What can we do as a family to help you out. If you need to talk send me a note on face book and I'll give you my phone number and you can call. I miss you girl!

Well tomorrow is weigh in and I am excited. My first week logging is always my best and I love to see my ticker go up. I know after this week it will slow down but I need this first big loss to keep me motivated to keep going a second week. I am on day 6 of logging my food and so proud of myself. I have stayed under calories by at least 250-300 calories a day since I am not feeling well enough to exercise. Hope everyone has a wonderful day and wonderful weigh in tomorrow.

Deb
  • Momma5366
    Momma5366 Posts: 8 Member
    Good morning all!!

Yesterday was a yikes day for me. I had an OB appt to discuss why my son died and - as we expected - there were no answers. I was really depressed and upset and ended up eating very badly... like almost 1700 calories badly. I felt so guilty by the time I got home that I worked off over 300 calories! So I ended the day not too far off course.

I still felt kinda blah this morning, but I didn't let it stop me. I got up, did my Wii Active, ate a healthy breakfast (Special K Red Berries is yummy!!!) and packed a few good snacks. I HAVE to do this!!!!

Deb - Stay strong girl! You are doing whats good for you and that's the best thing you can do. Our mental and emotiona health is as important as our physical health! Hang in there. And DO make sure you eat enough. I know when upset it's either not enough or too much, however you CAN hit a healthy amount! Good luck!
  • CrazybeeRX
    momma: I'm sorry your dr's appt didn't help you out much. It's ok that you let the day go food wise. Sometimes you just have to. Don't beat yourself up. You did good exercising and be proud of yourself for doing that. Today will be better. Each day our hearts heal. I pray that God will give you a peace that passes all understanding that will guard your heart and mind. Do something good for yourself today. If you feel out of control come and post to us. That will keep you busy and you won't eat.

I am trying to stay strong. I fell in love hard and fast. He just wasn't what he pretended to be. He was a good actor. I have been trying to eat enough calories but food just doesn't taste good and seems to be too much effort to make myself find something to eat. I will keep working on it though.

Have to get to work. Have a great day.

Deb
  • Hey all. Just want to say a quick hello and welcome to new members. I'm off today and I'm doing a quick check in. I'm slowly reading posts. I'm hoping to get back on here later and actually do more reading. I'm getting over being sick so, this actually hurts my eyes. It's sinus/congestion that's led to bronchitis. So, I'm being lazy today. I'm trying to catch up on whatever rest I can, and last night I took some Nyquil and that helped. So I'm taking it easy today. But I'll be back. I haven't been eating a whole lot. My appetite is coming back... I know it's from being sick. But, where I work I buy employee meals, and they do portion control because it's a nursing home and they don't use extra stuff. So, I know that I'm getting a good meal in. Breakfast I do a sandwich or a doughnut. Then dinner I make. So, I'm eating pretty good. I'm starting to drink lots of oj since I'm sick. And recently I started drinking v8 fruit smootie again. So, I'm making some changes. I'm still on my feet 8 hours at work, and then I usually don't sit down at home until at least 7... I'm getting my work out in for the most part. I push a cart at work, I"m bending up and down, and lots of sweeping and mopping. So... yeah :) But that's it for now. I'll be back most likely later on and hopefully I can get caught up on what every one is doing..
  • I would like to join ... although my fear is that I will disappoint :( this will be my first time in any type of support group setting. Not really sure where to begin but I'll do my best to keep up and follow along. So I guess I'll just start blabbing and you guys tell me when to stop! :flowerforyou:

My name is Angela, 31 and I live in Kentucky. I'm happily married and have 2 kids (ages 10 yrs and 18 months). My 10 yr old boy is special needs, he has a mood disorder which causes the whole family a great deal of stress if he misses a pill, has a bad day or goes through a growth spurt and has to have medication adjusted accordingly. My daughter is a true light in my life. She's just like her daddy and I can't get enough of them! Both my kids are awesome and my husband is a dream come true. Before you gag though, we've only been married for 2 yrs! lol I have to give credit where it's due, he's an extremely involved daddy... he's definitely not the "fun time daddy". I can really depend on him and I'm grateful. Truly Blessed. He has a bad down fall though... getting him to admit that I'm not the sexiest I've ever been has been like pulling teeth. It hurts him to admit it like it hurts me to hear it. Truth hurts though. So I'm not only doing this for me, or him but for our marriage. Not that it'll make us or break us, but I don't want a dull marriage - I want a vibrant satisfying relationship.

I went to the Y today and my daughter loves the "sunshine room" there. She did great and that's encouraging to me. I walked for 45 minutes and I'm exhausted. I swung by Wendy's drive thru and got a grilled chicken sandwiche (plain) which was delicious but my craving is for soft drinks. I don't like Wendy's drinks so I stuck w/ my bottled water. Now I'm sitting in my recliner with the laptop sweating for a Sunkist. ;-) oh yeah, and a nap.

My current weight is 221, my goal weight is 150. I just started so I'm hoping by the next weigh in, I'll have some progress to report. Thanks for listening and I hope to be encouraging to you all. :heart:
  • I would like to join ... although my fear is that I will disappoint :( this will be my first time in any type of support group setting. Not really sure where to begin but I'll do my best to keep up and follow along. So I guess I'll just start blabbing and you guys tell me when to stop! :flowerforyou:

My name is Angela, 31 and I live in Kentucky. I'm happily married and have 2 kids (ages 10 yrs and 18 months). My 10 yr old boy is special needs, he has a mood disorder which causes the whole family a great deal of stress if he misses a pill, has a bad day or goes through a growth spurt and has to have medication adjusted accordingly. My daughter is a true light in my life. She's just like her daddy and I can't get enough of them! Both my kids are awesome and my husband is a dream come true. Before you gag though, we've only been married for 2 yrs! lol I have to give credit where it's due, he's an extremely involved daddy... he's definitely not the "fun time daddy". I can really depend on him and I'm grateful. Truly Blessed. He has a bad down fall though... getting him to admit that I'm not the sexiest I've ever been has been like pulling teeth. It hurts him to admit it like it hurts me to hear it. Truth hurts though. So I'm not only doing this for me, or him but for our marriage. Not that it'll make us or break us, but I don't want a dull marriage - I want a vibrant satisfying relationship.

I went to the Y today and my daughter loves the "sunshine room" there. She did great and that's encouraging to me. I walked for 45 minutes and I'm exhausted. I swung by Wendy's drive thru and got a grilled chicken sandwiche (plain) which was delicious but my craving is for soft drinks. I don't like Wendy's drinks so I stuck w/ my bottled water. Now I'm sitting in my recliner with the laptop sweating for a Sunkist. ;-) oh yeah, and a nap.

My current weight is 221, my goal weight is 150. I just started so I'm hoping by the next weigh in, I'll have some progress to report. Thanks for listening and I hope to be encouraging to you all. :heart:
  • I'm In!!

My name is Julie and this is my second time at MFP. I remember lurking in this thread *way* back and specifically remember Sheila because I'm originally from Michigan (Rochester and further north Lake City where we had our cabin) and I remember seeing the photo of her and her husband in their Tiger jersies. So *waving* to my fellow Michigander! The only reason I never posted to the group was because I had one of my own at the time that was keeping me plenty busy. We kept it going for a long time but I got involved in a community activity that took up my time and I had been plateauing for weeks. Little time and a plateau = lost interest for me and sure enough I gained all 20+ pounds back that I had lost.

But this time, I AM DONE being overweight. I have just seriously had it and I'm gonna get this weight off once and for all. Period.

I'm 44 and live in Florida on the east central coast. Married with two Chihuahua's. We have a pool and during the summer months I'll be swimming which is my most favorite way to enjoy myself/relieve stress/enjoy the outdoors/exercise. I love to cook and have been dabbling with Food Photography for about a year now. At present I am not working but need to change that...soon. Since I can't swim due to the cold weather/water I've taken up walking with one of Leslie Sansone's DVD's. I LOVE it!! It's different than I had imagined and I can see myself getting a few more someday. I've also DVR'd a few Belly Dancing and Yoga shows off Fit TV and I did my first Belly Dance today. Or maybe I shoud say "Jelly Dance", lol!! Things were jiggling all over the place and it wasn't as pretty as all those sparkly little beads and tassels that I was seeing on those dancers on the screen either!

I reached my highest weight ever the end of last year but I didn't know it until I had rejoined MFP and weighed myself. 218 on December 26, 2010. My committment date was 01/01/11 and when I weighed and measured that morning I had lost 7 pounds mostly by changing my eating habits (again) and getting back on the Water Wagon the night I rejoined. So, my Unofficial/Official starting weight was 211 but since I weigh on Wednesdays I was down another 3 pounds yesterday. I'll go like that for another week, maybe two, and then I'll start slowing down to normal losses of 1 pound or so each week. It's what I call the "Loose Fat". The stuff that hasn't permanently settled in to my butt or thighs yet.

Looking forward to getting to know you after all this time and being a part of T.H.E. Team because I DO and I WILL Try Hard Everyday!!
  • egam
    egam Posts: 127
    hello!
    It's been awhile since I checked in! And that probably reflects that i've been doing pretty badly. I can blame it on the stress of school starting again but really It's just that I haven't been doing enough to keep motivated. I'm letting all the excuses I like so much get in the way and although it's great to have you all back in the thread I'm missing some of the people that kept it going in the summer and fall months, hopefully you wonderful ladies will find your way back to the thread

Sounds like you are all doing a fantastic job! keep up the crazy good work!
    oh and I have to reset my ticker. That things is sadly no longer accurate
    Love E
  • Painten
    Painten Posts: 499 Member
    Hey all,

It's been 5 days? since i joined this site and this thread. I didn't know if this would work for me but i think it really has. I'm afraid i weighed in a day early as i was so hungry and had gone over my calories for the day, i hoped on the wii fit though and earned the calories back and enough for an options later. Still feel like i could eat the cat though.

The success stories thread is really motivational, i can't believe the differences in people. The sense of community onbthe site is really nice too and everyone is really supportive of everyone.
  • swignal
    Good Evening TEAM... I have been busy today taking care of Julia she says her pain isn't to bad but she is swollen beyond belief!!! I feel so bad she says she looks like a puffer fish!!! I did go out for a few to go to the fabric store to look at patterns and material for my Cousin's dress and while we were at the store my daughter let my Cousin's youngest daughter look at her Ipod touch and set it on the table and Came by me and said Cassie lost her Ipod I was pissed!!! I freakin Blew up needless to say she gave it to her brother and he had it as a joke well That **** cost to much money to be playing like that... I was pissed so I took it from her and I was very quiet on the ride home!!! when I got home I was trying to explain why I got mad and my daughter Cassie said well you didn't buy it anyway.. cuz she got if from Santa!!! I was like I don't give a **** who bought it that **** is too expensive to be playing like that!!! ugh I am still aggravated about it!!! my husband is a lot more relaxed...

Julie... welcome back I am sending you waves right back at ya.. I am nice and cold up here lol we just got a little bit more snow ugh I want warm weather back !!!! I love being able to swim and do water aerobics I need to get back to the gym to do water aerobics but that wont be til the end of Feb.... well Glad to have you on our team look forward to the Journey together ...

Egam... Don't let excuses get in your way!!! maybe try and make some tiny goals for yourself then the more you meet them make a little bit bigger ones... Good Luck

Angela : Welcome to the TEAM... Never fear that your a disappointment we are all in this together and we are all here for each other.. Try not to be to hard on your Hubby I am sure he Loves you for who you are...

Kelly : i sure hope you feel better soon!!!

Momma : I am so sorry the Dr. didn't have answers for you... I know that has to be very hard on you and your hubby.. as far and being over on your calories I am sure with your work out you evened out.. Glad to hear even though you felt blah this morning you planned healthy snacks for your day...

Vicki : I do have a great big heart.. I am the one who tries to help everyone and gets hurt in the end.. and still Help out again...while i am helping out my Cousins daughter my own sister stabbed me in the back whom I helped out last year even at Christmas time when she couldn't get her daughter anything for Christmas my other sister and I went in and bought an I home docking station , a baby doll coat , gloves, pants , shirts for her to turn around and stab me in the back a week later!!! Needless to say I was upset last night and called her a few choice words!!!! and I was so upset I drank a beer!!! and i don't drink!!!

Cyndi : Sorry you Hit the Explosion Point.. Kids will do that to ya!!! Cassie did that to me at the store!!! but she got it good when I got home... my hubby came upstairs and asked me why i was yelling!!!

well Hubby only has one more day off till he goes back to work!!! His boss sure is missing him lol he texted me today and told me to tell him counting ink sucks lol so I told hubby he said that and he laughed!!! well I am gonna get off here and spend some time with Hubby and Grey's Anatomy is back on !!!! see ya in the morning... oh I keep going way over in my protein I am wondering if that is a bad thing??
  • Thanks Sheila...

If it makes you feel any better, and it probably wont, lol...we had three full-on freezes here in December. Three seperate instances of 28 degrees and below (our Wind Chills were in the Teens!!), each one lasting for several days at a time. Unprecendented as far as I can remember. Our typical "freeze" usually comes in February with a few cold Canadian blasts and then it's over but this year they came super early and with gusto. Might not sound like much to you but I've been here so long at this point my blood is as thin as water and if it gets below 65 I'm digging out the "Woobie's" (sweat pants and long sleeve shirts). We still have a garden going with Tomatoes and Peppers/Chile's as well as a few other things. Each time we covered everything and the second and third time hung lights inside to provide warmth during the night. The Tomato plants look like hell but the fruit survived and we'll be harvesting several pounds this weekend of vine ripe fruit.:bigsmile: Pepper plants...well, they didn't fare so well but we still have a few Chile's on the vine that we can harvest.

Vine Ripe Tomatoes in January - Priceless....My Power Bill to Save Said Vine Ripe Tomatoes....Totally Ridiculous :grumble: :grumble:
  • swignal
    Thanks Sheila...

If it makes you feel any better, and it probably wont, lol...we had three full-on freezes here in December. Three seperate instances of 28 degrees and below (our Wind Chills were in the Teens!!), each one lasting for several days at a time. Unprecendented as far as I can remember. Our typical "freeze" usually comes in February with a few cold Canadian blasts and then it's over but this year they came super early and with gusto. Might not sound like much to you but I've been here so long at this point my blood is as thin as water and if it gets below 65 I'm digging out the "Woobie's" (sweat pants and long sleeve shirts). We still have a garden going with Tomatoes and Peppers/Chile's as well as a few other things. Each time we covered everything and the second and third time hung lights inside to provide warmth during the night. The Tomato plants look like hell but the fruit survived and we'll be harvesting several pounds this weekend of vine ripe fruit.:bigsmile: Pepper plants...well, they didn't fare so well but we still have a few Chile's on the vine that we can harvest.

Vine Ripe Tomatoes in January - Priceless....My Power Bill to Save Said Vine Ripe Tomatoes....Totally Ridiculous :grumble: :grumble:

Man it is really cold here it isn't going to stop snowing until tomorrow but its is suppose to start back up again and not finish til Sunday!!!! UGH!!!! I am so ready for Spring/Summer!!! I love Fresh Veggies they are the best... I have a garden every year nothing like fresh veggies sure does save on the grocery bill in the summer!!! I really want to learn how to Grow Brussel Sprouts they are my Fav but for the last 2 years I have tried to grow them with not such good luck :cry: maybe this year I will try again... and maybe with some Luck they might come out

well enjoy the warm weather down there while i am up here freezing my butt off lol!!!! I think I have been driving hubby crazy I have the fire place going and I am always freezing!!! i use to work outside and could go all winter in just a hoody ugh now I have to have 2 socks 2 pants 2 shirts my hoody my coat!!! and I am still cold lol i hate Freezing... it just stinks LOL
  • vikalyn
    vikalyn Posts: 155
    Howdy Gals,

This'll be short. Grey's Anatomy is on in 8 minutes!

Ate under calories, but not really wisely. It may reflect at tomorrows weight-in...BUT I had the BEST diet week in like...forever!

EVERYBODY...thanks so much for your support!

"See" ya tomorrow!

Vicki...*Ü*
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Well, today was a little better. Had 1 errand to do this morning and since it actually warmed up to about 43 today I managed to get a good ride in on my motorcycle. I really needed it! I havent been able to ride in over 3 weeks because of the weather and its a good wake up call for the abs and thighs.. LOL I never thought I would say that about riding, after putting on about 50lbs of protective gear to go ride, I definitely feel my abs better than if I were to do sit ups... plus its more fun.. :wink: :laugh:

Vik... great job on staying away from the cookies!! Im proud of you!! Im afraid its my turn to get the padded slipper for sneaking cookies in because my oldeest daughter made oatmeal chocolate chip cookies today and they were huge! I ate 3 of them.. :blushing:

Just a reminder for the rest of ya.... WEIGH IN TOMORROW :drinker: