T.H.E. Team... its a NEW YEAR....Join us! :0)

Options

Replies

• losingweightforme
    Options
    I know this is a little early but since I go to work in acouple hours I am going to go ahead andpost my weigh in now

losingweightforme sw201.8/gw170/cw195.4 -6.4poundsloss

261276.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • Bluedimplett
    Bluedimplett Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hi hi hi!!!!

I am still heeere! i didn't go MIA just yet! haha, you're all stuck with me :) I work for a health insurance company and the first week of the first year is the abosolut busiest! been working 12hr days and still finding time to work out after wards. That's means hardly anytime on the net.

thank you all so much for the welcome. i already am feeling all warm and fuzzy :)

Now, i've never done this forum/thread type of deal before so i will try my hardest to remember who is who.

LosingIt4good: Thank you for the welcome. i really appreciate it. i agree about having a solid support group. I think that is why i did so well on WW. I tried to create a support at work considering that our company is all about wellness and sadly, my coworkers will be on board for about a month and then next thing i know i see pizza/bagels/burgers/fries at lunch and i cant be around them or ill get tempted. In fact, the same coworkers who started with me in october quit in november. Now, they are back trying to get on board and were shocked that i was still on top of it. Here, i know you all seem to be on the same track as me. I really like that.

swignal: thank your for the welcome. yeah, the health coach this is nice becuase she helps me think positive about my journey... its always good to have happy thoughts.... ive noticed im not as negative as i was back in october. :)

CrazybeeRX: thank you as well for the welcome. yeah, we all certainly pig out during the holidays, but i was trying so good to be good. but taking steroids has this nasty "increased hunger" side effect. so, at least i didnt stop exercising, i think that may have been why i didn't gain more weight. :)

vikalyn: hehe, i love my droid and all its wonderful apps! So, question for you. The company i work for offers the health coach service... i was wondering if you have the same health coach service we offer. Healthyroads ring a bell? If so, yeah... unfortunalty the health coaches are kinda scripted and are limited and what they can and cannot suggest. Like, i told my health coach about detoxing and the whole time she kept saying "but you can still eat more food" they cant encourage you to eat less than 1200 cals. Hence, why it isnt as effective for me... this community is what we need... someone to whine/complain/vent and then be able to move on our merry way and not lose focus.

Besides the whole OT thing.. been doing decent with the cal intake and exercising.

Question for you all: Do you all just follow certain guidelines for you what you eat? i'm stlll finding my own groove of things... i'm still in WW guidelines land so i've been using that as my base till i can figure out what will be best for me in the long run.
  • losingweightforme
    Options
    Well it is time to go to work and I decided although I slipped and ate Chinese and Aunt Flo arrived I would weigh to see how bad it
    was from my Thursday evening weigh in. Not bad - gonna post my Friday morning 2 am weigh in

losingweight for me sw201.8/gw170/cw195 -6.8pounds

Good - luck to the rest of you. I will be excited to get home from work and read the post. Been reading - just not posting
    Have a good day

261276.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • Painten
    Painten Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    For my weight in i've lost 5lbs. Still got a long way to go but i'll get there.

Bluedimplett...at the moment i'm just going below calories once i've got used to the smaller portion sizes then i'll get more of a plan *lol* It's only been a week so i'm still feeling my way myself.
  • Jessifer123
    Options
    Good morning everyone!!

Thank you to everyone for the warm welcomes. In reading through the posts, I see that you all are a very close group and i'm excited to be a part of this. I've sent friend requests to a bunch of you to help me keep current with the thread and be able to communicate with you all better :smile: These past few weeks have been particulary rough with family things going on...my grandmother had a stroke and family was in from out of state and it left us to eating anything we could on the run and not much time for sleep or exercise. Things seem to be getting somewhat back to normal this week, so hoping I can quickly reverse the damage i've done.

Jessifer123 sw203/gw150/cw200.5/(-)2.5lbs.

Hoping everyone has a fantastic day!!!
  • vikalyn
    vikalyn Posts: 155
    Options
    I can't believe I'm the first to "weigh" in but here it goes....I hope I did it right

vikalyn...sw 232 gw 150 cw 230 -2 :smile:
    I'll check back later tonight....

*Ü*
  • VeggieTart
    Options
    Morning Ladies!

I'm not going to post my weight this week because I weigh in on Wednesday and already updated my ticker. I'll still weigh on Wednesday but won't post it here until Friday along with the rest of the group. Go Girls!! Wishing you all SUPER Successes today!!

Got a slow start to today and need to go get some breakfast. Then I have desk work. I used to not mind it but it has now become my most least favorite thing to do. I put it off until it can't be put off any longer so I'll be sitting here for a few hours.:grumble:

Have a terrific day!!
  • CrazybeeRX
    CrazybeeRX Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone. First weigh in of the year and I am excited. I had a good week and I posted every day and I was under calories every day and I had a good weight loss. I know that it will slow down so I am going to enjoy this loss the most I can LOL.

I'm home today with a back ache. I can't sit up too long so I am going to just post the weigh in and try to chat more later.

Hope everyone is doing well and I'll talk to you all in a bit.

vikalyn...sw 232 gw 150 cw 230 -2
    crazybeerx sw 255 gw 175 cw 241.5 -6.2 lbs
  • dlj1970
    dlj1970 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    mornin' ladies! here are my stats. no change, but that's ok. it's really only week1 for me, and i'm focusing on making positive changes in my routine (ie., eliminating bad habits) and being more positive overall. from that perspective, this week was a HUGE success! thanks to everyone for being there:flowerforyou:
    dleanne sw138/gw124/cw138 no change
  • Sigra
    Sigra Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    It's my day off!

Losingweight SW191/GW135/CW186 -5 :))
  • VialOfDreams
    Options
    Hello, everyone!

It's been a tough week filled with stress and emotional eating. Ugh... In any case, here are my stats for today:

Original SW: 217 lbs
    SW on the site: 128 lbs
    CW: 124.2 lbs
    GW: 117 lbs

I am out of town, and I have to confess that I am going to have a very calculated cheat meal today, namely In'N'Out veggie burger. Will likely only have the patty and not have the buns, so I reduce calories that way. Haven't had fast food at all in a year, so I say I've done well.

Glad to see everyone's losses, and those of you who have stayed the same, I think you look great, and maintaining a healthy lifestyle is more important than numbers. Sigra, enjoy your day off! I will try to be more active in the thread when i go home. Please dont hesitate to conact me.

*huggles*
  • pawprint061
    Options
    Sigra SW191/GW135/CW186 -5 :))
    VialOfDreams Original SW: 217 lbs SW on the site: 128 lbs CW: 124.2 lbs GW: 117 lbs

I'm not checking in right now. I only weigh in monthly. Way to go losers. Remember to please copy the list of stats and add yours to the bottom. It's a lot easier for us to look at them that way.

Later,
    Kelly
  • Bluedimplett
    Bluedimplett Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    VialOfDreams Original SW: 217 lbs SW on the site: 128 lbs CW: 124.2 lbs GW: 117 lbs
    bluedimplett: SW 224/GW 145/ CW 202.4 (-1.6 lbs)

Woohoo! So happy to see the scale go down after being the same for a whole month!
    Also, my company did a "Holiday Challenge" that started the day before trhanskgiving and it ended today. The idea is to not gain more than 3lbs during the holidays. I am happy to report i lost 7lb during the holidays. My coworkers said "did you even eat?" haha. :)

on a sucky note: its been one of those days at work and i hadnt eaten well today. on lunch i ate two medium slices of pepporoni pizza from dominoes and a suagr donut. *sighs* good thing i have a 3.5 mile hike planned tommorrow. :)
  • VeggieTart
    Options
    Hi Ladies!

WAY TO GO! It's looks like everyone that has checked in so far has either lost or maintained. That's terrific!

Nothing exciting for me today other than I had to fight my way through a bad Pepsi craving that lasted for hours and as much as I really wanted to take the day off, once I logged all my foods this morning I realized I was running just a few calories short for what I had planned for dinner so I got off my butt and got in 2 Miles with my Leslie Sansone video. That gave me a few extra so I was able to have a tiny little snack. All in all, a trying but successful day. :smile:

Hope you all have a great night. See ya tomorrow!
  • swignal
    swignal Posts: 441
    Options
    Good Evening TEAM... Tonight is my Hubby's last day of Vacation so we are hangin out with Friends playing Euchre they are drinking beer and wine while i drink my water lol!!! i didn't weigh in today cuz it is snowing and I don't like driving in the snow!!! I am so not a winter person!!! i need to move to Jamaica for the winter lmao!!! well Julia is doing okay she is still really swollen and today is day 3 for her.. she said the pain isn't that bad its just she is really swollen... she said she looks like a puffer fish lol.. i said she looks like one of those girls in the movies they put in the fat suite and she has really little lips and chubby cheeks... i hurt for her.. anyway off to Hang out I will do my weigh in tomorrow Great job to all the Losers Keep up that great work...
  • kelseyleigh30
    Options
    Hey everyone. I was a part of the team last year and am glad to have found it again. I tried to read some of the older posts to catch up a little. A little about me for those who don't know me. I am 29 (30 in July!) and I am a mother of two beautiful kiddos. I started in September counting calories and riding my stationary bike and walking. Last month I joined a gym and have been doing Zumba classes which I love. I do about 4 Zumba classes a week and throw in 2 other classes during the week as well. The holidays were hard on me. I gained a bit of weight but have lost it back plus a few more pounds. I haven't weighed this little in over 8 years, so I am pretty excited! I am excited to get to know you guys and have a little more support. Since it is weigh in day...

bluedimplett: SW 224/GW 145/ CW 202.4 (-1.6 lbs)
    kaltgelt: SW 246.6/GW 175/ CW 240.6 (-6 lbs)
  • CrazybeeRX
    Options
    Looks like everyone did well this week. I am proud of you all!!!! Good way to start off the new year! I spent all day in bed with my back hurting. As long as I was laying down I did ok but when I sit up or get up and walk around it would hurt. I slept on and off all day. Hopefully I can sleep tonight.

Welcome kaltgelt. Sounds like you keep busy with classes. I think it would be fun to do something like that but it would end up hurting my old bones and muscles. SOmeday I hope to find something I can do without hurting myself that is fun.

Sheila: have fun tonight and I hope Julia feels better and is less swollen soon.

Veggietart: WTG on seeing that you needed some extra calories and exercising them back into your plan!!

Bluedimplett: don't worry too much about the pizza. I used to allow myself a junk day when was doing this in 2009. I would weigh in on Fridays then kind of blow it eating Friday a a sort of reward...I just made sure that I was back on track by Sunday. If you totally deny yourself you will find yourself binging one day and then feeling so guilty about it you fall off the wagon completely.

I keep thinking about brownies. I have a mix on the kitchen counter and I have enough calorie left to eat one if I bake them but I know I can't eat just one. I am gonna have to have my daughter in law hide the box so I am not tempted.

Well I am going to get offline again and lay back down flat before my back starts hurting again. I'll see you all tomorrow.

Deb
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    I have been slacking.. I am so busy... I am only eating once a day which is so bad I know.. Coffee in the am and lunch around 2is.. I have to get used to my new schedule and find time for me...

I will get on that scale tomorrow...

Night all...
  • VeggieTart
    Options
    Hey Team!

I worked on a little experiment this week with Egg Beaters. I know unopened containers can be frozen but the container says not to freeze once it's opened. I also know you can freeze eggs (raw and cooked) but I wasn't sure how or what the texture of an Egg Beater would be after it was frozen. So, I cooked a couple and froze them a couple days ago. Sometimes I scramble them but most times I usually just cook them flat and they come out looking like a Crepe. That way I can stuff them like an Omellet or fold them over in to a breakfast sandwich. Anyway, after zapping in the microwave on defrost for 1.5 minutes they were thawed and the texture was fine, so I finished cooking all the rest of the container this morning, let them cool, rolled them up like cigars and then rolled them in plastic wrap and stuck them in the freezer. Now I have a quick(er) breakfast protein and I can still fix them the way Iike whenever I thaw them.:glasses:

DH went out to the garden this morning and picked about 15#'s of Tomatoes. He's getting them all prepped and tomorrow is going to can up some Salsa. We lost almost all of our Peppers and Chile's so he's gonna run to the store and purchase those but MAN do those Maters smell good!! Fresh Tomato Sandwiches for lunch today! :tongue:

Sheila - glad to hear Julia is doing better. I had my wisdom teeth out in my early 20's. I also swelled up like a Chipmunk!

Kaltgelt - welcome back to the group. I'm new here but it looks like you are doing awesome on your exercise and had a great loss this week. Congrats!!

Bee - sorry to hear about the back pain. Is it you that has Fibro? I hope you find relief soon. Maybe somebody in the house can bake those brownies off sometime when you're not home (so you don't have to smell them baking) then portion them out and give you one a day so you won't be tempted?

Nita - sorry to hear you are still so busy. Remember, find some time for yourself!

Got some cleaning to do today and will probably grab a couple miles with Leslie. I'm feeling more up to it than I was yesterday so that's a good thing.

Have a GREAT day everyone!
  • CrazybeeRX
    Options
    Morning all.

I managed to lose another lb yesterday even though I didn't move much. I was so proud of myself. Usually when I am home sick I eat and eat. But I didn't this time. My back feels better today but not totally healed. I do think I need to get out of bed today and sit in a chair for a bit. I know it's not really good to be in bed a lot either. Yes Veggie I have fibromyalgia. I think that is what is causing the back pain. It's a muscle thing. I never know. With fibro different muscle groups are affected at different times. I call it traveling pain. The meds I am on take care of a majority of the pain where I can function but my back seems to have a problem. I had an MRI done on my neck and shoulders just after Christmas and I will go to the dr and get results as soon as I make an appt. but the group of muscles that are bothering me at the moment is on my right side between my bra strap and the top of my pants. From my spine to my side. I work for a pharmacy that makes topical pain relief creams and I've been using those and they help but it is short term relief.

I wish I had the patience for a garden. The squirrels here eat everything in sight. I tried cucumbers, and carrots and zucchini one year and I got 2 zucchini and nothing else. I don't have the patience to can either.

I have managed to have 300+ calories left every day...so I could eat a brownie that is 120 calories....but will I stop at one??? Not sure. I haven't had any chocolate for almost 2 weeks aside from a Quaker granola bar that is chocolate mint. I even tried to give away the chocolate in my drawer at work..but no takers LOL

I' ve lost enough weight ,15 lbs total since Thanksgiving that I had to move my ring from my ring finger to my middle finger. That felt really good. I am loving putting comments on facebook that I am losing weight for Mike to see. I know that is playing games...but right now I want to play them...By the time he comes and gets his stuff I will be looking pretty darn good! LOL I am at that point of being a pant size smaller too. The pants I normally wear are BIG and the next size down are a little snug but I can wear them and the are only snug at the button and not at the butt LOL. A couple more lbs and they will be fine.

Looks like we are going to have to hold Nita down and get her to write to us and log her food. She isn't eating proper and we want her healthy...are you with me girls....can we hold her down for 10 minutes to spend that time with us????

Well I am going to try to do a few little things around the house and not hurt myself. I will do a couple little things then rest and then do a couple more. I will be careful I promise.

Talk to you all later.

Deb