T.H.E. Team... its a NEW YEAR....Join us! :0)

Options
123457»

Replies

• vikalyn
    vikalyn Posts: 155
    Options
    Howdy Gals,

Ugh...I hate it when we eat so late, but I don't get back from yoga until after 7. I feel like I have a lead ball in my tummy. I still have to get my "stuff" ready for work. Eating before is just out of the question. I think from now on I'm going to let DH worry about his own dinner and I'll have a salad when I get home from yoga.

Good day, though. Made a delicious butternut squash soup, and enough of it to last me the week for lunches. Good hot soup, yea, as it's going to be a bit snowy around here this week, I understand.

Thanks, Cindi for the chocolate idea. You know, it doesn't take much to satisfy that craving. One day for lunch I had one Lindors milk chocolate ball...70 cals. I felt like I cheated...but it was hardly zig on my total calorie count and VERY satisfying. Having chocolate in the house would be a HUGE test in willpower for me, though...

Speaking of chocolate...Deb, did you ever get those brownies made? Nope...neither did I.

Hey Emma....tell us how you're doing!

Okay....time to get ready to get ready...for nighty night.

Happy losing!

vicki
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Momma, hang in there... keep doing what your doing! Your body will adjust accordingly once it realizes that your new habits are here to stay. I got a new BL book today at Barnes & Nobel. Its the 30 day Jumpstart that goes with the video that hubby got me at Best Buy yesterday. One of the things I was reading was about plateau, and how easy it is for people to give in and snitch once they stop losing as much as they were. (boy do i know about that one!!! Thats why Im 12lbs up from my lowest!... gah!) Anyways... you've already lost an amazing 20lbs, just stick with it and your body will figure out you mean business! Ive heard lots of people find it helpful to add a new kind of exercise or fun physical activity to their routine. If your a gym goer, maybe try a class.
    Just some friendly advice :0) You can do it!!

Vik~ LOLOL!! Chocolate doesnt stand a fighting chance in my house. I've had to rid my house of that stuff or I get in trouble!
    1 truffle would have turned into 3 or 4 for me. I know its bad, so I just have to keep the temptation away. When I was at the bookstore today I saw the hungry girl 200 under 200 calories book and I almost got that instead of the BL book I got, but after looking thru it, it was ALL DESSERT and I just need to get away from that stuff!! I ate way too much of it over the holidays :laugh: :laugh:

Egam~ Good to see you too!!

No Seattle trip today. We were gonna go, but we never received the tickets from the school. Not sure what happened with that! Anyway, I took my son grocery/ coupon shopping and got our meals planned out for the week. What a gorgeous sunny day we had here!! After we got back, I rode motorcycle for about 3 hours, running errands with hubby. Then walked on the treadmill for a while. We are expecting 6-8 inches of snow beginning tomorrow evening thru Wednesday so I wanted to make sure the house was stocked with stuff so I wouldnt have to drive anywhere. Not very fond of driving on ice! But I have my new video's to keep me moving :drinker:

Off to bed!! :yawn: Have a good night all!
  • Bluedimplett
    Bluedimplett Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!

im soooooo tired!

Momma: i know exaclty how you feel. (becuase im having the same issue right now) it seems to me that my body likes to not lose weight for a week, then the following week i somehow manage to drop like 4-5 lbs. its like my body holds onto it to and then it just disappears overnight. lol.

everyone is doing well! yay!

i gtg, i need to still put together food for tommorrow.
  • CrazybeeRX
    CrazybeeRX Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Ok I am starting to pout. I hit 239.5 on the weekend. I did good on my food was under 350-500 calories every day and I weighed 241 this morning. I'm pissed! I wanted to be 239 on Friday but at this rate I won't make it!

Yesterday my boss handed out a bag of See's Chocolate chip candies!! We each got our own bag and there are at least 5 of us dieting LOL. I just stuck mine way in the back of my cupboard. I did read that I could have 10 chips for 70 calories but I didn't open the bag.

Sorry you didn't get to go on the trip Cyndi that would have been awesome. I kept watching for you yesterday afternoon hoping you'd show up. Looks like today we are supposed to get snow. Hope you will stay home and be safe.

Vicki I didn't make those brownies I hid them in the cupboard so I wouldn't keep seeing them. It's been 2 weeks since I've had chocolate. Hi my name is Debbie and I am a chocoholic and it's been 2 weeks since I have had my last chocolate. (hear the applause of the crowd and SMILES and say thank you). Sits back down....does anyone else want to introduce themselves and tell us how longs it's been for them??

Marcy it's been nice seeing you on facebook. Thanks for adding me.

Butternut squash soup sounds good. Yesterday I ate a Healthy Choice Cheese Tortellini Soup it was a microwave bowl 180 calories for the bowl it was really good!

Well I should get ready for work. Hopefully the snow will start after work so they don't send us home early. If they send us home early I lose pay for the hours we left. I need my full 80 hours on my check LOL.

Have a good day all. Pray I stay on track today cause I am discouraged. I will not open that bag of chocolate, I will not open that bag of chocolate! I WILL NOT!

Deb
  • CrazybeeRX
    Options
    wow I posted and it didn't show so just in case I will post again and if it shows up late,r then sorry for the double post. Lets see how much I remember.

I am pouting today. I had hit 239.5 this weekend and was happy but today I weighed in at 241. I have been under calories by 350-500 calories a day and yet I gained! Not fair. I wanted to be at 239 for Friday but at this rate I won't make it. I'm pissed!

Cyndi sorry you didn't get to go yesterday. It would have been awesome. I keep looking for you in the afternoon hoping you'd stop by.

Yesterday my boss went around handing out a BAG of See's Chocolate Chip candy. We each got a bag. I hid mine way back in my cupboard. There are 5 of us on diets! Good Boss, bad candy! I did read where I could have 10 chips for 70 calories.

Vicki no i never made the brownies, i hid the boxes in the back of the cupboard so I wouldn't see them. I haven't had chocolate for two weeks. Hi my name is Debbie and I am a chocoholic and it's been 2 weeks since I had my last chocolate. ( hears the applause of the crowd , SMILES, and says thank you. Sits down) Is there anyone else here who wants to introduce themselves and tell us how long it has been for you?

Marcy it is nice to see you on facebook..Thanks for adding me.

The butternut squash soup sounds good. I had a Healthy Choice Cheese Tortellini Soup yesterday that was 180 calorie and it was good!

Well I need to get ready for work. Pray for me that I don't blow my calories today since I am discouraged. I won't open that bag of candy I won't open that bag of candy, I WON"T!.

Have a good day all!

Deb
  • pawprint061
    Options
    Hey gang. I'm still here. I'm feeling better. I'm working on maintaining my weight until I feel back to normal. I haven't been eating a whole lot of extra stuff so I know I'm staying under my limit. I actually think there were a few days where I was way under. Today is a lazy day. I'm off work and I'm enjoying it. I'll be back later....
  • vikalyn
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/9433-expectations

Okay, Gals,

I don't know if any of you have read this post (the link above), but I find it AMAZING!!! I plan to go back to it over and over because, after all, the first week or two is glory, until the bod says..."whoa, are you starving me???" Then it resists, thus slowing down your weight loss. If you haven't read it...READ IT. If you've read it before...READ IT AGAIN.

My health coach called today...Blue, you're going to LOVE this...and I couldn't stop talking to her about this site, how it works, how easy it is to use, the community and articles. She was quite jazzed and said she's going to check it out. Bottom line, she is happy I found something that I'm comfortable using. My next check in with her in on Valentines Day. It'll be a sweet and sour day, as I'll also saying a final good bye to an ol' friend who passed away Saturday. She picked that day for her service. I'm sad to lose her, but I know she's no longer in pain.

Another good day calories wise. A tad under calories, but not so many to make me feel hungry, or deprived. I was a little low on water because I didn't pack my BIG thermos of ice. I fill it up with water when I get to work and sip on it all day long...about 58 oz. worth. In the summer I fill up up twice.

Paw...did I miss something? Are you ill? I'm so sorry...hope you heal to 100% very soon.

Deb and Cindy...it's snowing here (of course it is!) but so far it doesn't look like it'll pile up to much. We have about 3' of total snow so far this winter (yes...that's feet).

PULLLEEEZZZE don't dispare and dive into the candy, Deb! It's just a minor hic up. You've done so very well. You too, Momma and Blue. You are winners to me...inspirations!

Time for bed....see ya tomorrow.

Happy Losing....vicki....*Ü*
  • egam
    egam Posts: 127
    Options
    been having a really bad food week. it was my birthday on saturday and I've been feeling really sick and school is getting stressful again. I'm not good at dealing with changes in schedule so that has been really tough.
    Wow, getting all those excuses together in a row like that makes me realize how silly they are.

So I'm getting back to it and setting more serious goals.
    I will lose at LEAST 20 lbs by June 1st, when I go back to working for the summer. And I'm going to need all of your help, in keeping me accountable. I'm hoping to also get my mom in on it with me, although I have learned from the past and need to find a way to support her without becoming responsible for her. It's nice to have the company, but we have never been able to make it work. Have any of you struggled with this? What did you do about it?

I'm also going to get into better shape. I'm still thinking of good goals for this, but my focus is on running I think. I've always wanted to be able to be a runner. I've started and stopped so many times, but once the snow clears up, (ick) I'm going to start again.

Anyways, it's good to be back and I hope you are all doing well!
  • LosingIt4good
    Options
    Vik~ Sorry to hear about your friend.

Bee~ give the candy to the kids. :happy:

Egam~ HAPPY (belated) BIRTHDAY!!!

My grandmother passed away last Friday and I have been planning her memorial service. I am the only close relative she has here other than neices and nephews and was an amazing 102 years old. I have never planned a memorial service before, so this is so new to me. I am happy to do so to make sure she is remembered for the loving and wonderful person she was, its just that I really had no idea where to even start. Luckily for me, the pastor of the church offered to have her memorial service and a reception there completely free of charge as she was a lifelong member. So that was a blessing! I have a week left to finish up before her service, so this week has been a bust for me so far in terms of exercise. I have been eating good food... when I do eat, but Ive been so busy with her arrangments and contacting family, that I havent had much time for anything else.

In fact, I forgot to log yesterday.. LOL

Anyway.. we got a smidge of snow last night. Not even an inch, and today it has rained and poured all day.
    I gotta go hit the store for some milk before I head to bed, so I will check in tomorrow.

TTYL!
  • vikalyn
    Options
    Howdy Gals,

HA, remember when I said it didn't look like we were going to add up to much snow (last night)? It was hardly fluttering down when I went to bed at 10:30. I got up at 5 am and TEN INCHES dumped. One of my officers lives further up the valley and got 18 inches! THAT's a BIG dump of snow! Our road crew couldn't keep up.

It's hard to put together a memorial, Cindi, but it's also so very rewarding. As you get through it, you will appreciate your grandmother more than you ever imagined. I'm sure your rememberance will make your Grandmother shine.

YeeHaa Emma! You achieved an apex that's taken me about 30 years to accept. Life changes...it sucks...get over it. I'm looking forward to watching you lose those 20 pounds...I'll be here for you all the way!

Cindy, I remember you aking for lunh ideas. Here is something I make once in a while: a low carb low fat whole wheat 70 calorie tortilla; spread with light sour cream, smear 1/4 avocado, sprinkel sliced green onions, 1 oz shredded cheese of your choice. 1/8 cup black or navy beans, and top with a leaf or two of your favorite lettuce. Add a bit of salad dressing, if you like. Roll or wrap. It's really quite delicious!

I was under calories again today, but I didn't have much of a dinner. Planning Commission meeting. Got home late and winged it.

nighty night!.....Happy Losing.....*Ü*icki
  • pawprint061
    Options
    vikalyn-ten inches? Wow. I'm so glad we only got a few. Nothing too serious. I've had bronchitis now since maybe the 29th? That is when I started getting sick. It's clearing up, but I've still got the cough some what. Sorry to hear about your friend.

LosingIt4good-Again sorry about your grandmother. I'm betting that you'll do fine and the memorial service will be very nice. I love chocolate milk too, matter of fact I just got some last night :)

egam-Good luck with running. I've wanted to get back into it now for a few years. I can never get past the initial start... I always run out of steam and then I lose interest lol. Hopefully you have better luck.

CrazybeeRX-Don't get upset. Remember we fluctuate weight everyday. I'm sure you'll be down in those numbers in no time.

Bluedimplett-Welcome. It's funny how our bodies work isn't it? One week no loss, and then the next a nice loss.... My body does it sometimes too.

Momma5366-Hang in there. I actually started off the same way. I worked my butt off and nothing. Are you getting enough water? That was my main problem. I started drinking just about nothing but water and I started seeing better results.

Well, I would love to keep writing, but I have to get out the door and get off to work. I'll check back in later.... I'm so busy and so tired lately I haven't had the self discipline to get here...

Have a great day everyone.
  • CrazybeeRX
    Options
    My weight is staying at the 241 all flippin week, but it's no gain so I guess I should be happy. I have been under calories all week and doing good. Mike and I are going out to dinner tonight to "talk". I guess I will have to save calories for tonight since I don't know where we are going so I can't figure out what I can eat. I still haven't dipped into the chocolate :)

Vicki we only got 2-3 inches of snow but by noon you couldn't even tell we'd had any the rain washed it all away. Hope you're doing ok with 10 inches of snow.

Paws sorry you are so sick I hope you get well soon. Once you are well you won't feel so tired and can come visit us more.

I've notice that not many have been posting this week. Are they busy, or just reading, or discouraged??? Come on ladies just drop us a line and let us know you're around and doing ok. If you're not doing ok then let us encourage you!

Vicki how many calories is that lunch you described? It sounds good.

egam: about your mom..does SHE want to lose weight or get into better shape? If not then you can't help her. She has to want to do it on her own. The best you can do is say hey mom I thought we could spend some time together and exercise...I am going to do this exercise at this time daily...are you with me??? If she is then great...if she isn't then you can't be responsible for her. Have a back up friend to do this with you. My daughter just asked me to do water aerobics with her. With as much as I want to lose weight I turned her down because I hate water. If she had asked me to walk with her I would have said yes. But I just hate water. I too know that she isn't responsible either and I don't want to be pissed cause she is too tired or doesn't feel well. (she's 9 weeks pregnant).

Well I am off to shower for work. Gonna wear a dress to work today. I feel like crap and slept bad so I will dress up to make myself feel a little better. It will also have me looking decent to go out tonight. Wish me luck with Mike. This isn't a make up dinner as far as I am concerned. I just want to be able to telling what I really think and feel without holding back. I just bit my tongue a lot when we were dating and I'd like to be able to say what I really think. I'd like to be friends because we have friends in common.

Have a great day losers LOL.

Deb
  • LosingIt4good
    Options
    Yo....GUESS WHAT TOMORROW IS???

YEP!!.... Its,,,, images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSkec4Lt6OGu31u_CsasjD1gXS1XqW5W5pbsJ-JsfZLr6_TMWWV

Here's the new team thread....http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/153044-t-h-e-trying-hard-everyday-team

See ya there!!
  • vikalyn
    Options
    Howdy Gals,

Gotta make this quick...it's past my bed time.

Deb...can't wait to hear about your dinner. My wrap lunch, using is about 300 calories (without dressing) and like 12 g of fiber! I figured it using string cheese and 1/4 cup black beans. It doesn't look like much, but it's filling! Be careful about weighing in everyday. There was NO WEIGH I was going to today...I was so blotted and it felt like every ounce of water was just under my skin...around my belly! I just hope it all gone tomorrow morning!

Take care of yourself Kelly. Bronchitis isn't something to fool around with at all! Weight loss shouldn't be a concern. Just drink your water and eat healthy.

Yeah, I noticed we have a few MIA's. Sheila is probably still nursing Julia after her wisdomectomy, Blue has been doing pretty well, I think, she's an exercising fool! ANITA....where are you!!!!!

I love the little encouraging line we get when we finalize our food diary..."if you do this for five weeks you'll weigh....." (something like that, anyway) Shoot, my line has me almost 10 pounds less then my last weigh in, real close to the teens, and I'm not quite yet in the 20"s! I'll have to get seriously serious to pull that off, I'm thinkin'.

Okay, I'm off to bed...see you tomorrow night!

Happy Losing....vick....*Ü*