26 lbs lost - 6 weeks on Eat to Live

Options

Replies

• Dalton1720
    Dalton1720 Posts: 104
    Options
    I read the book and am quite interested, but there are a few things I find strange.
    1: No snaking? If you can have unlimited fruits and vegetables then shouldn't you be able to have them in-between?
    2: Would almond milk be acceptable for cereal and oatmeal?
    3: This diet seems hard to maintain in the real world with food having a large impact in almost all social events.
    I understand being healthy and fit is our goal, but it seems to me this diet would consume a persons whole life, always revolving around what not to eat and being tempted constantly. I will try it, but the reality of it questions me.
  • Njenva
    Njenva Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I finished reading the book on Saturday and I have been following it since (4 days now) and I haven't weighed myself yet. BUT, I have so much energy, TMI coming up - I have been best friends with the bathroom, visiting an average of 4 times a day!, I haven't had a headache since and I feel more alert. Let's see how the rest of the month goes like!
  • perseverance14
    perseverance14 Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work, but make sure you eat enough food!
  • Fattackler2013
    Fattackler2013 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic, keep it up :D
  • Bernadette60614
    Bernadette60614 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I could use more ETL friends. If you'd like to add me, please do! Or, send me a message and I"ll add you!

Congrats to everyone! Our society isn't oriented towards ETL choices so it means a lot more work than breaking open a frozen pizza ordering one in! But, I feel so much better and it is all worth it.
  • tdh1991
    tdh1991 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for all who have posted their success stories on ETL. I started 3 days ago. I'm following the program quite closely, but am allowing myself 1 slice of organic, freshly milled bread per day. (this is actually allowed). I have a lot more energy, my head is clearer.

I do have one problem on ETL that I hope y'all can help with please?

It is the beans. They give me gas and bloating. Sometimes the gas is foul! I chew my food well. The beans are from a can, so they are soaked. Am I doing something wrong? Will this bean issue go away if I stick with the plan?

Enzyme tablets and probiotics. I use digest spectrum. And Jarrod enzyme tabs works great.

I have lost 50 lbs on etl. I started June 2, 2013. Chol dropped from 235. To 185. Hdl 40 to 86. All numbers improved and I feel better now then 10 years ago.

I think of this way of eating as a process, the longer I eat this way the easier it gets. Also, if I am not perfect I don`t beat myself up and just do better the next meal.

I will never go back to my old way of eating.
  • Carley
    Carley Posts: 88
    Options
    Can someone tell me about the eat to live diet?
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    Zombie Thread from 2012.

User has deactivated.
  • rbiss
    rbiss Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I love that book. Congratulations!!
  • Imari82
    Imari82 Posts: 1
    Options
    I just started Eat to Live yesterday.

I'm nervous and excited at the same time about this journey. I really believe that this will work for me. It's so encouraging seeing real success stories.

How long did it take before you all started seeing results?
  • lar305
    lar305 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm starting the ETL 6 week program tomorrow. Friend me if you are on the program too and want to chat about it!

:smile:
  • catrinaslife
    Options
    I added you, starting tomorrow.
  • catrinaslife
    Options
    Hi, I'm starting the ETL 6 week program tomorrow. Friend me if you are on the program too and want to chat about it!

:smile:

Added you, I"m starting tomorrow.
  • cboelens
    cboelens Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    bump
  • lngbrd
    lngbrd Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I'm interested in trying this, where can I get the book. Is it only sold online?

My Doc wants me to try this and had me watch "forks over knives" I have A-fib, High chloresterol and I'm in danger of being diabetic. I would like to find a place to buy the book over the counter
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options
    I'm interested in trying this, where can I get the book. Is it only sold online?

My Doc wants me to try this and had me watch "forks over knives" I have A-fib, High chloresterol and I'm in danger of being diabetic. I would like to find a place to buy the book over the counter

A lot of bookstores will order it for you if they don't have it in stock right then.
  • shaynesmomma
    Options
    Today is day 1 for my husband and I starting ETL!! Would love any tips or advice from others following the ETL plan
  • lngbrd
    lngbrd Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Today is day 1 for my husband and I starting ETL!! Would love any tips or advice from others following the ETL plan

In for same
  • shaynesmomma
    Options
    How was day 1 for you?? I did pretty good, I did drink my morning coffee but did really good the rest of the day.
  • aleavitt12
    Options
    Congrats to all on success with this plan. Starting in earnest today!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!