Large Healthy Breakfast

Options
I'm starting to think that I don't eat enough before lunch during the day. By lunch time, I'm REALLY sick to my stomach. Nausea is my constant companion. After work I come home and binge eat. I'm determined to solve this issue NOW!

What are some large and healthy breakfast ideas?

Unfortunately I have some restrictions to my diet.
- Low Sugar because I'm Diabetic
- Gluten Free
- Low Carb (Below 30 grams)

Thank you for any ideas!

Replies

• jeannettemancini
    jeannettemancini Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Egg whites (That's always the answer right??) Add veggies, or cheese or maybe a small amount of ham.

Just started making my own protein bars, since I mostly eat breakfast after the gym on my way to work. If you make them at home, you can adjust how big they are, how much protein, sugar, carbs, etc.
  • symba1130
    symba1130 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Plain greek yogurt. I think 1C has 24g protein and 10g carbs.
    Eggs
    meats/cheeses
    veggies

Not very traditional but you can get more bang for your buck this way especially if you are in the low carb/no gluten wagon.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    I'm starting to think that I don't eat enough before lunch during the day. By lunch time, I'm REALLY sick to my stomach. Nausea is my constant companion. After work I come home and binge eat. I'm determined to solve this issue NOW!

What are some large and healthy breakfast ideas?

Unfortunately I have some restrictions to my diet.
    - Low Sugar because I'm Diabetic
    - Gluten Free
    - Low Carb (Below 30 grams)

Thank you for any ideas!

a dozen eggs, chorizo, manchego
  • maz504
    maz504 Posts: 450
    Options
    Eggs, turkey sausage (or pork, I just like turkey better), cottage cheese, veggie omelet...

You might be nauseous if you're drinking coffee on an empty stomach. I know that makes me feel a little sick sometimes.
  • martyqueen52
    martyqueen52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    - 2 whole eggs
    - 6-8 egg whites
    - 1 serving of whole grain oatmeal
    add in cinnamon, splenda, etc. or whataver you want.
    - large coffee
    - 1 Danon Light & Fit greek yogurt (if you're really hungry)
  • love2lift_85
    love2lift_85 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Eggs, nuts and fruit are great breakfast foods! AND CHEESE!!

Some things I like to eat for breakfast: 3 scrambled eggs with some shredded cheese mixed in, a handful of red grapes or a small apple and a handful of almonds. I don't remember how many carbs grapes have, but you could omit that or just have only a few if needed.
  • butlersoft
    butlersoft Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Bacon and Eggs !!!
  • paulawatkins1974
    paulawatkins1974 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Egg whites (That's always the answer right??) Add veggies, or cheese or maybe a small amount of ham.

Just started making my own protein bars, since I mostly eat breakfast after the gym on my way to work. If you make them at home, you can adjust how big they are, how much protein, sugar, carbs, etc.
    Recipe please! :)
  • momxs2
    momxs2 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese, fresh fruit, sprinkles cinnamon and walnuts

Ezeikiel Bread (maybe how high in carbs though - gluten free)

peanut butter on wasa wholegrain cracker
  • tuffytuffy1
    tuffytuffy1 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I have been really loving turkey bacon. One slice is 35 calories so for breakfast, I have 5 slices, and it is under 200 calories and totally filling. Yum!
  • RaeLB
    RaeLB Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Instead of 1 large breakfast I eat 2 smaller breakfasts :smile: (and 2 lunches and 2 dinners - basically I'm a baby and need to eat every 2 hours or I get fussy)

Today I had a banana and apple for breakfast #1 and a PB sandwich for breakfast #2

Other common breakfasts for me: oatmeal w/ cinnamon and fruit and/or nuts, cereal w/ banana or blueberries and almond milk, bagel w/ PB & banana - basically the common theme is: grains, peanut butter and fruits
  • LFA50
    LFA50 Posts: 58
    Options
    I'd look for a gluten-free oatmeal (steel cut maybe)?
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    1 cup cottage cheese w/ fruit = 300 cals, 23carb, 26pro, 11fat and 13sugar
  • martyqueen52
    martyqueen52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options

Yea but it's such a huge pain in the *kitten* to cook.
  • eks1208
    eks1208 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I love to whisk two eggs in a large mug with salt and pepper, microwave for a minute, 15 seconds and add a little salsa on top. Done.
  • UmmSqueaky
    UmmSqueaky Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    I've been eating eggs pretty consistently for the last few months. I'll usually have one whole egg and a few egg whites scrambled with baby spinach and a serving of sharp cheddar cheese, along with a serving of fruit, some cherry tomatoes and a glass of milk.
  • krawhitham
    krawhitham Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    I usually eat two poached eggs, an avocado, a tomato on a corn tortilla. Sometimes I fry up some bacon with it :)
  • sherisse69
    sherisse69 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    I used to make a kabacha squash hash (or use sweet potato or butternut squash or regular potato) with onions, and garlic and a bunch of spices - then crack a soft boiled egg over it. Add some fruit on the side if you like. It's really yummy, and filling.

Or making a scramble with eggs, peppers, onions, spinach, salsa, and some cheese if you want. Sometimes I added a little ham dry fried on the side. That's yummy too.

Or greek yogurt, with berries, and some gluten free cereal to add a crunch on top.

Or a soft boiled egg, some fruit, slice of cheese, and a half a wheat bun

Or oatmeal with banana and chopped almonds

Those are some of the most filling breakfasts I find I like - good luck :)
  • Bebubble
    Bebubble Posts: 938 Member
    Options

Yea but it's such a huge pain in the *kitten* to cook.

Its not so bad. Slow cooker or rice cooker and cook over night! Cooks while you sleep. Done in 6 -8 hours.
  • paxbfl
    paxbfl Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Instead of 1 large breakfast I eat 2 smaller breakfasts :smile: (and 2 lunches and 2 dinners - basically I'm a baby and need to eat every 2 hours or I get fussy)

^THIS

A large meal causes a blood sugar spike and subsequent crash leading to increased hunger.

For a diabetic I'd think this is even more critical because you want to maintain steady blood sugar levels and reduce large spikes that require additional insulin.