Anyone doing insanity?

Options
My name 's Monica and I want to lose weight with a beachbody DVD :)
I just started insanity yesterday, it was toughhhh!
But i am loving it.
I was wondering if anyone else was working out with insanity too.
I wanted to add my workouts to my daily workout list but I don't know how many calories I am burning with the videos...

Anyone having the same problem? lol

Replies

• Gingerkid05
    Gingerkid05 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I do Calishthenics including push ups and sit ups virgorous effort when I do Insanity. I have never finished it because I always end up hurting myself because of how high impact it is. I will pick a DVD and do it randomly when I need a fast tough work out. Be careful, take care of your knees and back and good luck!
  • sjs227
    sjs227 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I'm not doing insanity, but I am doing T25 Alpha right now. I log it in here as aerobics, high intensity. For calories, I use a Polar HRM and use the calories burnt on that.

Good luck with Insanity!
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    I would strongly recommend ditching Insanity and trying a workout program with less impact. I did Insanity last summer while I was 60ish pounds overweight. By the end, I had terrible knee tendonitis and had to stop working out. This led to discouragement, lost focus, and regaining the weight that I had lost doing Insanity. There are A LOT of other workout programs out there....most of which don't put the same strain on your knees as Insanity does.

Here's a link to an independent study comparing 3 workout programs....and you will see that Insanity scored significantly lower than the other 2 as its not very scientifically sound. Take time to read this study and really think about the risks you are taking. http://www.acefitness.org/certifiednewsarticle/1443/

If you like Shaun T and want a cardio-based program, then try Focus T25 instead. That program won't kill your knees.

I personally like P90X3 and Rushfit as fantastic workout programs.

You will need a HRM to accurately figure out how many calories you are burning as this number is based on a lot of variables....your weight, effort, intensity, etc. So what someone else burns has no bearing on what you might be burning.
  • Adderly619
    Adderly619 Posts: 21
    Options
    Wow, small world. I actually started Insanity yesterday as well, I wouldnt know how to input the calories burned from Insanity either lol.
  • jeremywm1977
    jeremywm1977 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    It's a somewhat decent program, impact on the joints aside.
    I have it in my rotation, although I don't do it everyday.

I'm more than happy to offer any support to those who need it.
  • Matt_C_195
    Matt_C_195 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    It is tough, but don't you feel so good after you survive...err, complete a workout??

I did it through last year and got in great shape, I still do them for cardio between programs.

I agree with H_Factor on the HRM...you'll need one to accurately measure what you're burning!
  • Hakers344
    Hakers344 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I also suffered from knee problems with insanity, which I never had before
  • kwyze
    kwyze Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I've just started week 3 of insanity. It is tough but feel awesome when finish a workout. It is high impact so make sure your FORM is right otherwise you do risk hurting yourself - slow down a bit if you need to in order to do the exercise RIGHT. I haven't had any knee/joint issues so far.

In terms of calories burned - when I started I was burning around 320/workout (120 cardio recovery) as per my HRM. This week I have noticed that I seem to be only doing 280odd cal/workout using same HRM - I'm not stopping anymore than I was (infact I thought I was keeping up better) so could be a results of getting fitter and the HR not jacking up quite as high now....
  • Sweetie_darling
    Sweetie_darling Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I'm doing Shaun T Hip Hop Abs and am really liking it. I've done insanity in the past but like others have said it's really import to get ur form right- now I've got access to the gym I do classes instead.

Good luck and well done :)

Xx
  • KatyP35
    KatyP35 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi, I did insanity to, but lower back problem occurred :( than I transferred to online personal training with http://www.insha.pe/ (its like personal training in person , just using web cam, something like skype). I got results fast, but I got pregnant and I am now struggling to lose baby fat
  • falilvx
    falilvx Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hey :)
    I'm doing Insanity too!! Currently in week 3 . To count the calories burnt..well..you do need a HRM . But I'm no longer doing it because I usually disappointed because I just burnt around 300 calories per workout lol so I just do it and have fun :D
  • nushy19
    nushy19 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi,

My name is Anuska and i am looking at starting insanity workout this week sometime. I looking to lose about 2 stones. Can you let me know your thoughts and how everyone has got on with this.
    I really want to do this, but not sure what kind of diet to us. I thought about lo carb diet.

Any suggestions :)
  • KristyleeB3
    KristyleeB3 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm doing insanity also. Feel free to add me. As to track the calories burned they have a calculator. Www.insanitycalories.com
    Hope that helps!
  • kwyze
    Options
    Hi,

My name is Anuska and i am looking at starting insanity workout this week sometime. I looking to lose about 2 stones. Can you let me know your thoughts and how everyone has got on with this.
    I really want to do this, but not sure what kind of diet to us. I thought about lo carb diet.

Any suggestions :)

My suggestion would be to not pay too much attention to the scale.... It's not uncommon for people to not actually lose much "weight" doing insanity but you get fitter and lose inches (which is better IMO!) Take measurements and photos over focusing on a single number off the scale.
    Rather than starting with the goal to lose 2 stone go in with the goal of actually FINISHING the program to the best of your ability - the results will show themselves over the time.
  • charlottepanda
    Options
    me me me

I am in week 7. Not losing weight. But i certainly gain muscels. I can feel them! I am still looking forward to weight loss. Hope i can get there.

Add me if you want. Letºs do this together!
  • kwyze
    Options
    I am now coming up to the end of week 5 - so proud of myself for sticking in there!!
    I have lost inches and can definitely see and feel an improvement (and they say the most change happens in the second month so I'm so excited!!)
    The second month circuits are longer and a bit more challenging but I am actually finding them more enjoyable too... maybe I was just sick of doing the other ones or I may be plain old crazy :P I also LOVE the big numbers of cal burn that my HRM is giving me.