"I regret eating that"

Options
Do you ever eat something, and then get mad at yourself for wasting calories on it? Or did you overeat something? If so, what?

Replies

• StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    Honestly? Not really. I plan ahead and make choices. Sometimes I choose to have a maintenance day where I don't aim for a 500 calorie deficit. And some days, I move more to make up for it.

I eat what I want. Doesn't mean I pig out, and I still think things thru. I have a bag of chewy spree on my desk right now - not yet opened. Will probably have some this afternoon. Had a caramel chew this morning already. And that will fit into my 1400-1600 today, no problem. (Total on the candy today will be ~100.)
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    I only feel that way if the food isn't good. Otherwise, nope! I love and enjoy food because I make sure not to blow my deficiency.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    No, because I only eat things I enjoy. I try to preplan so I can hit my nutritional needs and calorie goals, but if I go over it's all good
  • MissMissle
    MissMissle Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    YES! But Im trying to not get mad because really it just makes the situation worse... but recently I've had a mocha latte, some jelly beans, and a snickers peanut butter egg - all of which I got pissed at myself for because I either went over my calories, or didn't leave myself enough for the yummi dinner I made!
  • hellomanen
    hellomanen Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    "So I wont' eat another today and maybe (just maybe) the next day, now I forgive myself"
    end of story
    go on with your life
    every once in a while is good to eat just a bit more!
    I eat something I want everyday (I kid you not! whether is a cookie or a piece of chocolate etc etc) I just try not to double it (like eat the whole package and stuff) keeps me ok and out of stress :)
  • sfbaumgarten
    sfbaumgarten Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    Not usually, but I have a method... I have the BF taste it first and ask him if it's worth it. If it sucks, I win. If it's way too delicious and I won't be able to control myself, he'll probably tell me it sucks anyway so he can "take one for the team" and eat it all. Another win (for my calorie bank anyway).

But seriously... If I don't care for something, I don't eat it. The only time I think my calories are really a waste is when I eat something that isn't as filling as I'd expected.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    NOPE!!!! I eat everything in moderation. :bigsmile:
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    i-regret-nothing.jpg
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    This doesn't happen for me very often, but sure it has happened once in awhile. Usually it is a restaurant item that I choose, and then kind of regret it because there's another item I liked better in the past. For example, I took my dad out for lunch and I planned to get my usual small plain sushi roll and then at the last minute I switched to a chicken dish that was just meh, and had higher calories and sodium than the sushi. I didn't go crazy eating that but next time I'll get sushi instead.

Not so much a "oh no, I binged and regret it!" as a choice that I make and wouldn't make again.
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    Yes, those melt in the middle chocolate pudding things.

About 600 calories for this tiny pot which didn't taste all that great.

I was outraged...
  • corgarian
    corgarian Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    never regret
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    Do you ever eat something, and then get mad at yourself for wasting calories on it? Or did you overeat something? If so, what?

No this has never happened to me. I cook all my own food and only prepare what I like. I have to practice portion control, but even if I would not, I would not think I had wasted calories. I would only realize I had eaten too much.
  • a_stronger_me13
    a_stronger_me13 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Usually I only regret overeating. There's been a few times that I've settled for a lesser version of something I was really wanting to eat, like a crappy hamburger instead of getting a better one and I've regretted that because it usually isn't nearly as satiating, IMO.
  • llama_sammich
    llama_sammich Posts: 124
    Options
    Cheeseburgers are my weakness. I can NOT say no to those juicy little morsels of cheesy meaty goodness. /arlghlarlarl... (those are Homer drooling noises)
  • p_s1984
    p_s1984 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    All the Chili Cheese chips I ate last night :/ But, I forgive myself. Less carbs and more protein today :)
  • BarbieAS
    BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    Once in awhile. I try to pre-plan as much as possible and then thoroughly enjoy the moments that are either not pre-planned or are pre-planned to take me over my goal :tongue:. Once in a blue moon, I'll find myself in a situation where I eat something that takes me over my goals for the day (or doesn't leave me room for an adequate rest of the day) but I could have made a better choice (calorie/macro-wise), and it just doesn't taste good enough to be worth it. Those things I do tend to regret.
  • BRA_S
    BRA_S Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    If you know your gonna regret it that badly, why eat it.
    Plus eating one bad thing is not going to ruin your progress at all.
    If it bothers you that badly just work it off. Like a walk or jog later on.
  • tomwatso
    tomwatso Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    A piece of cheesecake. So many calories. So much sodium.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Only if it tastes like crap.
  • Strokingdiction
    Strokingdiction Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    I regret not eating things. Sometimes I put my leftovers in the fridge and then forget about them. I hate wasting tasty food.