I have no idea what a a Twinkie is ....

Options

Replies

• DeltaZero
    DeltaZero Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    ITT people talk about how long cream filled things and ding dongs are bad.

I has the sads.

All of them.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    ITT people talk about how long cream filled things and ding dongs are bad.

I has the sads.

All of them.

If anyone tries to talk you into putting a long, cream-filled thing or a ding dong into your mouth, you just say no until you get dinner first!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I loved them as a kid but I had one a few years ago and unfortunately, the taste did not live up to my nostalgic memories.

Truth.

Lol! I had one maybe a year ago or so... I was so excited as I hadn't had one in years. I ate half and decided it really wasn't all that great. Sad day.

very true- little to do with the food- twinkies seriously are barely food- nothing else will eat them- even ants don't them.

But it's like sitting on the back steps with your best friend having watermelong and making a huge mess- it's just good memories.

I haven't had any of these things in forever- I make my own brownies and cookies- but yeah- good memories.
  • Saucy_lil_Minx
    Saucy_lil_Minx Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    Meh! You're not missing anything with the Twinkie.....but tasty cakes Coconut Kandy Kakes.......yummy!

Woody Allen in the movie Sleeper awakens in the distant future, finds and eats a 200 year old Twinkie and it is still fresh. How can you dismiss that delicacy so easily?

Easy peasee lemon squeezie :laugh:
  • _Pseudonymous_
    _Pseudonymous_ Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    I was always more into the zingers....

41AlyDl-3hL.jpg

Or the orange cupcakes:

hostess-orange-cupcakesreview--hostess---orange-cupcakes-brand-eating-xvdzv2hm.jpg

and let us not forget the ever magical Oatmeal Creme Pie (From little debbie country):

little_debbie_oatmeal_creme_pies_01.JPG
  • rowlandsw
    rowlandsw Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Are the new twinkies as good as the ones before hostess stopped making them last year? they're best frozen. It was a summer treat around here to freeze them or cupcakes (hostess of course) and then eat them cold.
  • jchenks
    jchenks Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    This makes me want a Twinkie. or a cookie. I'm having horrible cravings right now.
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, "no twinkie" guy... Those little morsels are the best little snack cakes to ever exist on this 3rd rock from the Sun.
  • LunaZuriel
    LunaZuriel Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    am i the only one who thinks those things are disgusting?

maybe i was spoiled with my moms baking growing up but ive had a couple and i nearly spit them out

It's alright, I was never to fond of those either.
  • janupshaw
    janupshaw Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I think Twinkies are gross, but Zingers are great! And so are oatmeal creme pies. I've never tried (or even seen) the orange cupcakes.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Mmmmmmm......
    hostesstwinkie.jpg

I really liked the chocolate cakes- not the ding- dongs- but the ones that were like little cup cakes with teh white zig zag frosting on the top.

nom nom nom

Those were by far my favorite! And Devil's Food zingers! Man, I could live off that stuff!
  • nas061
    nas061 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    what dunks well into tea, besides sugar lumps and ice cubes?

"Rich tea" biscuits are the best, although most biscuits (cookies) are OK if you get the timing right (an acquired skill).
  • nas061
    nas061 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    does anyone have a pic of a hoagie, or a ding dong?

Are those images SFW?
  • lysslax
    lysslax Posts: 64
    Options
    I see no one has mentioned Cosmic Brownies yet.

THOSE WERE MY JAM!!! omg yum

Also loved star crunch

Now I want something sweet......

23724452.png
  • JenD1066
    JenD1066 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I never cared for them. But dunk one in funnel cake batter, deep fry it, dust it with powdered sugar and then you have an amazing taste sensation! Batter fried Oreos are phenomenal as well.
  • jstout365
    jstout365 Posts: 1,686 Member
    Options
    does anyone have a pic of a hoagie, or a ding dong? I've only heard of them on tv. plus that cheese stuff in a can. Only ever saw that on tv too

A hoagie is a type of sandwich.
    hoagie.JPG?itok=_5HsKbu2

Ding Dong:
    220px-Ding_dongs.jpg

ez-cheese:
    easy-cheese-1.jpg
  • sprintto50
    sprintto50 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    We had Vachon cakes in Canada when I was growing up. Half Moon, Jos Louis, Caramel and Flaky if I remember. Yum yum yum yum yum! I love the Oatmeal Cream Pies from Little Debbies to this day.
  • Kgerber777
    Kgerber777 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I'm not much of a Twinkie fan but I go crazy for Zingers! I know they are pretty similar but The frosting makes them sooo much better and I feel like the cake is more moist.
  • lizzyclatworthy
    lizzyclatworthy Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I had a box sent over because I needed to know what they tasted like. I have eaten one and the rest are in a cupboard.

The chocolate fudge pop tarts on the other hand... smashed my way through those!
    I love processed food!
    the less like food it tastes the better, I am not right in the taste buds!
  • Kgerber777
    Kgerber777 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    when you guys are talking about hoagies are you talking about the sandwiches?