women that carry their weight in the stomachs

Options
13»

Replies

• Marlena0708
    Marlena0708 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    You sound like my twin! I'm also 51, and right now weigh 142. I'm hoping when I get to 135 I'll be happy with my belly but maybe not. I have thin arms and legs and not much of a butt (though squats are helping). But I still have a generous handful of belly flab.

OP, I think the answer is to just get down to low enough overall body fat that eventually the belly fat goes away too. I'm an accountant, and I really think of fat as LIFO (last-in first-out, like an inventory tracking method), except on the way down in weight, it's FILO.

Best of luck fellow belly flabbers!

Hi, twin! Wow, congrats on the 29 lbs. That's great. I definitely hear you on the generous handful of belly flab. That's me exactly. I'm not going for 6-pack abs, but I do want this jiggly stuff to go away. I didn't have it at 125 lbs and I'm hoping that will be the case when I get back down to 125 again, but I'm not sure things are the same at 51 years old and I strongly suspect I'm going to need the help of some strength/core training to flatten my middle this time.

Keep me posted about what happens when you reach 135. I'm interested. :)
  • Rose6300
    Rose6300 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    You sound like my twin! I'm also 51, and right now weigh 142. I'm hoping when I get to 135 I'll be happy with my belly but maybe not. I have thin arms and legs and not much of a butt (though squats are helping). But I still have a generous handful of belly flab.

OP, I think the answer is to just get down to low enough overall body fat that eventually the belly fat goes away too. I'm an accountant, and I really think of fat as LIFO (last-in first-out, like an inventory tracking method), except on the way down in weight, it's FILO.

Best of luck fellow belly flabbers!

Hi, twin! Wow, congrats on the 29 lbs. That's great. I definitely hear you on the generous handful of belly flab. That's me exactly. I'm not going for 6-pack abs, but I do want this jiggly stuff to go away. I didn't have it at 125 lbs and I'm hoping that will be the case when I get back down to 125 again, but I'm not sure things are the same at 51 years old and I strongly suspect I'm going to need the help of some strength/core training to flatten my middle this time.

Keep me posted about what happens when you reach 135. I'm interested. :)

Will keep you posted. :smile:

I have been lifting weights which I think has helped, as when I stand up straight you can't really tell I'm blubbery. My remaining blubber stretches out pretty nicely over my fairly toned abs. But when I sit, oh my! And no, it's not just a cute little roll, 'tis truly a handful.

I'd rather not go below 135 as my face is starting to look drawn. That's the downside of losing weight at our age. :angry: When I get to 135, I'll just bump my calories up to maintenance and try to convert the remaining fat to muscle. Hopefully that'll work.