Nooooooooo!

Options
Ugh, I gained another 1.5 pounds this week :cry: I knew I had done pretty bad last weekend, but two gains in the last two weeks has gotten be really upset. I was half a pound away to dipping down from 200 to 199 and now I am back up to 202.5. And I am going camping this weekend for a family reunion meaning lots of food (and come on, ya know they aren't very meany healthy dishes at these things) and no internet access to track what I am eating.

I know I can get back on track, but I'm just really frustrated right now seeing my ticker with a lower number of pounds lost :sad:

Replies

• amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Ugh, I gained another 1.5 pounds this week :cry: I knew I had done pretty bad last weekend, but two gains in the last two weeks has gotten be really upset. I was half a pound away to dipping down from 200 to 199 and now I am back up to 202.5. And I am going camping this weekend for a family reunion meaning lots of food (and come on, ya know they aren't very meany healthy dishes at these things) and no internet access to track what I am eating.

I know I can get back on track, but I'm just really frustrated right now seeing my ticker with a lower number of pounds lost :sad:
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    UUUUGGGG!!!

Now that we've done that...YOU CAN DO THIS!!! You have done so great so thus far! Drink tons of water and bring a scale and a few of your own healthy foods to eat! You can do it!!! :flowerforyou: And report back to us...That will help you keep on track, knowing we are waiting to hear how you did! You can do it!
  • PhotographerOfNature
    PhotographerOfNature Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    I totally feel for you and have been there. But, I think we have all been there at least once in this lifestyle change. But, the good news is, it is a lifestyle change and throughout life there are going to be those 2 pound gains and then you just back up on the horse and ride it out. The numbers will decrease again. Just keep up the work. Do what you can to get through the weekend, and go for a lot of walks during your campout. Walk those trails. If there aren't trails, make some. I weighed 178 this last Friday, was a BAD girl at a get-together on Friday night, my weight was up to 181. Believe me, I earned those 3 pounds. We had some awesom chow! :bigsmile: 3 pounds!!! So, I got back up on the horse, and yesterday my weight was 178.5 and this morning it was 176.5. I not only have lost those 3 pounds but also another 1 1/2 pounds. So, have fun, make exercise time during the campout, drink lots of water and get back on the horse when you get home. Good Luck!!! AND, HAVE FUN! This new lifestyle change isn't about punishment.
  • Starr
    Starr Posts: 45
    Options
    How about keeping track of calories on paper? You know what foods are "the good, the bad, and the very ugly," and seeing what you've eaten may help as the day progresses. And take a walk. And my old standby - chew gum.
  • gabi_ele
    gabi_ele Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I go up and down in weight all the time, as long as the trent is more down then up it is ok by me. Just pick lots of stuff from the healthy side, eat that first and then have a little from the bad side of the pot luck. Maybe you could find something low cal and tastey to take with you to share?
    And in case you don't make it just start new on Monday, summer is going to be over soon and why not enjoy it while it lasts. Don't forget to stay active while youre camping and it will be half as bad. You might also be close to the time of month and I gain around that time even if I'm doing everything right.Have fun and enjoy:drinker:
  • IrishRosebud
    Options
    That is very frustrating. This will be a good time to “practice” your life style change. These are the types of challenges we will all face and continue to face the rest of our lives. Remember to stay active! If family wants to talk have them join you on a walk! You can do this! I know you can. :bigsmile: :smile: :happy:
  • 2day4ever
    2day4ever Posts: 178
    Options
    I agree with everything that has been said (there is a lot of wisdom on this site!!!). One thing I would add is this: take your "own" food. Make more of it to share if you want but take things (a bunch of fruit; a bean salad; some veggies). Then, make a deal with yourself: if you eat "healthy" you can also indulge a little.

Like everyone has said, I too have yo-yo'd and been crushed by the gains along the way. I think, after two major indulgences this summer (with weight that swung up 4-5 pounds each time), I am done with that. I keep trying to remember it is a process.

Like we all know: we got here one bite at a time. Now I'm trying to lose it one day at a time.

Good luck to you! Tell us how it went when you get back!
  • rosiesantos7
    rosiesantos7 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I know you could do it. Don't give up. You still have MFP as support

85497.png