Please share your FWB experiences

Options
FitWithWit44
FitWithWit44 Posts: 412 Member
I am thinking about vacationing there this summer. Thanks.

beach_chairs_fort_walton_beach_florida_postcard-r58363a8f118543b7bb999662f7b1aac0_vgbaq_8byvr_512.jpg?bg=0xffffff

Replies

• miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    I have no experience in this area.
  • FitWithWit44
    Options
    I love Florida. Have been to Treasure Island and St. Pete beaches. Would love to check out a new one.
  • sweetcurlz67
    sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    looks beautiful.... :flowerforyou:
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,731 Member
    Options
    I'm going to St Pete Beach in July. I'll report back later.
  • asaw00
    asaw00 Posts: 1,904 Member
    Options
    Looks beautiful
  • SugarBaby71
    SugarBaby71 Posts: 3,630 Member
    Options
    I was gonna say "Best. Ever." but I have never been to Florida.
  • Follow_me
    Follow_me Posts: 6,120 Member
    Options
    I go to FWB at least 3 times a year. It's so pretty!!!
  • _Calypso_
    _Calypso_ Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    I lived there for 12yrs!!! FWB is okay but would suggest going East a bit to Destin or West to Navarre.
  • Follow_me
    Follow_me Posts: 6,120 Member
    Options
    Maybe Navarre. Destin is so crowded and commercialized now it's not what it used to be.
  • FitWithWit44
    Options
    Love getting other suggestions. :smile: :drinker:
  • _Calypso_
    Options
    Maybe Navarre. Destin is so crowded and commercialized now it's not what it used to be.

Very true, but better choice of food and shopping in Destin / San Destin. For quiet and GREAT beaches..Navarre hands down is the place to go. Then its only a 30-45 min drive to P'Cola or Destin for shopping and food!!

But Juana Pagodas on Navarre beach is great breakfast and has live entertainment at night!!
  • itodd4019
    itodd4019 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Redneck Riviera

Can be a blast if you go at the right time. Lots of colleges, bunch of big schools in striking distance, converge on those panhandle beaches every weekend.

If you are picking a destination, then gotta tell ya, the further south you go the better. Anything below Tampa starts gettign real nice. Like Sarasota, or Sanabel, Anna Maria Island (where I am), and then of course the keys, and then into the carribean. Further south the better.
  • _Calypso_
    Options
    Redneck Riviera

Can be a blast if you go at the right time. Lots of colleges, bunch of big schools in striking distance, converge on those panhandle beaches every weekend.

If you are picking a destination, then gotta tell ya, the further south you go the better. Anything below Tampa starts gettign real nice. Like Sarasota, or Sanabel, Anna Maria Island (where I am), and then of course the keys, and then into the carribean. Further south the better.

Stay North of the Keys most of the year!! No beaches and LOTS of mosquitos!! Redneck Riviera is great in the summer - colleges frequent Destin and Panama City during spring break mostly!!

But I agree Sanabel and other west coast Florida cities would be worth looking into as well. In addition if you're not looking to go too far south look into St. Augustine or Daytona Beach!
  • FitWithWit44
    Options
    In addition to beautiful, the beach must be kid friendly. No hot spot party beaches.
  • wolf39us
    wolf39us Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    oh boy. When I saw the acronym FWB, I thought it was "Friends with Benefits".

I can't be the only one who thought that LOL
  • DarkAngel272
    Options
    Gulf Shores, Alabama is gorgeous and very family friendly.
  • mank32
    mank32 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    i was expecting something completely different from this thread. i am disappoint. :grumble:
  • mank32
    mank32 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options

:highfive:
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options
    oh boy. When I saw the acronym FWB, I thought it was "Friends with Benefits".

I thought the same thing.
    Dang!