Wanted to say 'allo!

Options
Hi everyone! I'm JadeCat and this technically is my second day with myfitnesspal, and am very excited for myself that I am taking on this adventure of getting my eating habits under control in my busy schedule and start gaining weight. I have been under weight (not by choice) all of my life and with the new year I have decided it's time to start taking care of number 1 - Me =). So to do this I am undertaking a complete eating change and starting to include working out in my daily routine. For the first month I am planning on just getting my eating under control (I am literally so busy I forget to eat sometimes...) and in February start including a weekly exercise routine. I am definitely looking for not only encouragement but others like me who are in this constant wheel of not being able to gain weight.

Thanks everyone!!
xoxo~
JadeCat

Replies

• bri1720
    bri1720 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP JadeCat!!!! Although you are so far the first person I've seen on here actually trying to GAIN weight, we are all here for one purpose and that is to achieve or maintain a healthy lifestyle. The amount of support on here is phenominal.

Good luck and welcome again!!!!
  • Malalu
    Malalu Posts: 39
    Options
    Hi, I'm Malalu and this is my second day with myfitnesspal.
  • KadieA
    KadieA Posts: 167
    Options
    'allo to you! :)

Oy I know exactly what you mean by being told you are "too skinny". I remember in high school we did BMI testing the old fashioned way, with calipers, and I had nothing to pinch! I've been under my suggested weight according to age and height BUT if you are healthy, maintain a healthy lifestyle and such and you still aren't gaining then there really isn't anything you can do.
    The best thing would be to start making time out to eat (I used to forget to eat too due to being super busy and preoccupied). Don't eat what is convenient like from the snack machine at work or at the local taco bell. Bring food with you to work or where ever you go. If you're a snacker like me I have apples and grapes at work in case I want to grab a bite so I won't be tempted by whatever goodies our patients stop in with :)

From what I've seen from this site so far, you'll have a lot of support!

Good luck!
  • JadeCat
    Options
    LOL Yah I've browsed through the site and I am one of the very few that is trying to gain weight. The thing that sucks that most people don't realize it isn't all the great being under-weight, but ya know it's like the old saying "the grass is always greener". I do look forward in making friends here and getting the support needed to take on this daunting task :smile:

I totally agree KadiaA! I have been absolutely terrible about just picking stuff at random to eat with the mindset of "oh it's all good I can eat whatever I want and won't gain a pound..." But the kicker is that I do have such a fast metabolism and when I eat crap like I have been eating it gets burned so quick so it doesn't provide any nutrients to me at all. And to top it all off I am literally on my feet from 10am-2am everyday so I have no time to stop and eat something healthy (or so I thought). With this new eating plan though I am MAKING myself stop and make time to cook and eat healthy. It's so crazy what we can do when we put our minds to it :laugh: