What are you listening to as Exercise Music??

Options
Another fun topic! We have a local radio station here in Seattle KMTT - stream it if you can....anyway they have a feature "What's in your iPod?" and they ask people like local TV Newcasters, Pro Ball players, the mayor, the police chief, music celebrities etc. to tell them what's in their iPod and getting the most play.

My favorite workout CD right now in my Zen (better than iPod, in my humble opinion) for keeping up my pace - and making me laugh for the entire 40 min is (please don't laugh) the soundtrack from "Happy Feet." You can buy it for a couple bucks on Amazon.

What are you listening to??

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,029 Member
    Options
    Another fun topic! We have a local radio station here in Seattle KMTT - stream it if you can....anyway they have a feature "What's in your iPod?" and they ask people like local TV Newcasters, Pro Ball players, the mayor, the police chief, music celebrities etc. to tell them what's in their iPod and getting the most play.

My favorite workout CD right now in my Zen (better than iPod, in my humble opinion) for keeping up my pace - and making me laugh for the entire 40 min is (please don't laugh) the soundtrack from "Happy Feet." You can buy it for a couple bucks on Amazon.

What are you listening to??
  • Minerva
    Minerva Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    When I run I like to listen to the Harry Potter novels as read by Jim Dale. His voice is amazing and really transports me into the novel. I have a much easier time running if I am somewhere else in my head. I also train in Tae Kwon Do 4 times a week for about an hour each time. I have been taking TKD for 3 years and am due to test for black belt by Christmas. Yet another reason to lose weight- not being the fat chick in the gee
  • jasip7
    jasip7 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hey...great topic. I have a lot of classic stuff. Queen...Rolling Stones...Tom Petty. That is the type of stuff that gets me moving! Though I probably just gave everyone a great hint at my age :)
  • Minerva
    Minerva Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I don't know if Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers is exactly classic but def. good music- Stones, Oh yeah! , Springsteen, Meatloaf, but Foo Fighters are ok too. Whatever gets ya "moving and grooving"!
  • soccermommie02
    Options
    I love books on tape. Sometime I watch Tv.
    I have found if I want a good work out I listen to upbeat music and it seems to motivate me
  • courtneycatt
    courtneycatt Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I have a workout folder on my Zune and it is full of loud rock music, I figure that if I can't hear myself huffing and puffing while on the treadmil then no one else can!! But when I lift weights I listen to my everyday folder that is most radio friendly stuff! I live in Japan and we have only 1 American radio station so I am very dependant on my Zune I never leave home without it!!!!
  • Skinnier_Me
    Skinnier_Me Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Well, I don't have an IPod yet so when I go out walking/jogging in the early A.M, I love hearing the birds chirping. It is so nice & quiet out at the time of the morning.
  • jerseyboy
    Options
    Well,when I had a Mp3 Player I would listen to music with a beat, like LIGHT rock, you can kinda get in step with the beat of the song and also enjoy the song.
  • ida4872
    ida4872 Posts: 8
    Options
    Riverside,

I have Zen too! A birthday gift from hubby and it is wonderful to have it with me when I go to the gym! have all kinds of songs on there - Kelly Clarkson, Aerosmith (showing my age, here!) Breaking Benjamin, Trapt, Bon Jovi (Its My Life is great when I feel like the last 15 minutes is just too much!!!)

When I get to Maroon 5 (Makes Me Wonder,) it signals that I am at 45 mins on the treadmill, time to wind down :o)
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I like to watch cheesy movies with lots of music like Britney Spears' "Crossroads" and Kelly Clarkson's "From Justin to Kelly". I get into the movie so time goes a little faster for me than listening to a CD and I can speed up or slow down depending on the tempo of the song.
  • wdeons
    wdeons Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    b52's are great to excercise to, they are so up beat, I keep them on my ipod for when I walk.
  • cmriverside
    Options
    I just put the "Instant Karma" double CD on my Zen. It is covers of John Lennon songs recorded recently (with the approval of Yoko and John's family). It is contemporary popular artists. It's great workout music.

This is a charity album to save the people of Darfur in Sudan (Africa) from the genocide that has been occuring there.

Not only is it awesome music, but only $13 and it really makes you stop and think how lucky we are to be overweight and living in our current situations.
  • Sherfoodie
    Sherfoodie Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Third day, Falling up, Barlow Girl, tree63, 33 miles, etc
  • littlekimmyishy
    littlekimmyishy Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I like the upbeat happy songs too :-p

this is one of my favorite playlists (keep in mind i listen to a ...large collection of things.:) )

Dancing Queen - Abba
    Mamma Mia - Abba
    There Ain't Nothin' Wrong With The Radio - Aaron Tippins
    Kiss This - Aaron Tippins
    Small Town, Saturday Night - Hal Ketchum
    Sold - John Michael Montgomery
    Sexy Back - Justin Timberlake
    Drama Queen - HorrorPops
    Rehab - Amy Winehouse
    I Say A Little Prayer For You - Aretha Franklin
    Face Down - Red Jumpsuit Apparatus
    I Am - Chakra
    I'm In Love - Star Party
    She's Dead - White Hassle
    Sweet Home Alabama - Lynyrd Skynyrd
    Rush - Aly and AJ
    Everytime We Touch - Cascada
    After Love - Cher
    Exodus '04 - Utada Hikaru
    Life Is Good - Junk
    Little Goodbyes - SheDaisy
    Don't Ya - Pussycat Dolls.
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    Cardio coach....love these! You can go to cardiocoach.com and there are several to choose from. I use these to get the most out of an hour on the treadmill, you can use for any cardio equip.

They keep me motivated and the music is great. Sean is the "coach" and he doesn't talk too much, only when you think you want to give up then in comes his voice to let you know how much time or to push you along. Nothing I have used compares to this series!
  • Skinnier_Me
    Skinnier_Me Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Turbo Jam has up beat music and it gets you going.
  • KayinAK
    Options
    I love Turbo Jam and I totally agree with you about the music. I love dance and techno music. Anything from the 80's to current. The strong beats really help me keep moving and keep my mind on the music. Plus, I can sing along... as long as no one is around. :-)
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    There is a podcast on iTunes called "podrunner" that you can download for free. It's a "techno" style mix that stays at a steady pace. I've used in for the elliptical, but it's also for jogging and running. There are several different tempos (beats per minute) available.

I use it when I want a break from what I call my guilty pleasure workout music, which includes pop I wouldn't normally admit to listening to. ;)
  • cmriverside
    Options
    Phantom of the Opera this week!
  • okiemoma
    okiemoma Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    When I had my tredmill, me and Tina Turner were great friends. If those songs don't get you moving nothing will! lol