Biggest Loser

Options

Replies

• jdsouthernbelle
    Options
    OMG....I watched last night for the first time in forever! Those stories were just heartbreaking! I teared up a couple of times...especially on the Green Team where the girl has lost several babies due to her weight.

It really is an eye opener not to let things get out hand and do something about it!
  • mrocka
    mrocka Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    i absolutely love the show its so inspiring to see that no matter the size you can lose weight with eating right & exercise!!!

I love it!!!
  • LadyBarb
    LadyBarb Posts: 116
    Options
    I love this show, I have been watching it since season 2. I agree the stories are phenomenal, but on the only hand who can spend most of the day at the gym! They lose alot of weight in short amount of time, which many of us just can not do at this point of our lives. Nor is it safe for us to outside of the 24 hour ranch with medical personnel standing and watching your every move to keep you safe. Last night , I also saw people passing out, throwing up and unable to keep up. There was one season that Kia, was there she share the in/outs of the behind the scense of what really go on. Very interesting read. Any way, I still love the show and glad there is a new twist with unknow trainer... it was getting kinda of boring with the so, so stuff happening.
  • jchecks
    jchecks Posts: 133
    Options
    I totally agree with a lot of things that you all are saying! Its such a motivator and it really makes me think about HOW people get to where they are today. Its not always the food...its totally psychological...food replaces things in peoples lives and then takes over. And yes...we all have to realize that the weight they are losing is not 'reality' ... they have the opportunity to make this their life...no interruptions...and thats how the lbs just fall off like they do. I mean in the first week someone lost 41 lbs...thats just wild!!!

But i will continue to watch it...be inspired by it...learn from it...and do my push ups during every commercial break:tongue: (started that about 2 seasons ago!!)
  • jsecret
    jsecret Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Last season was the first time I've watched it. Fell in love!!! This season I'm super excited about watching Rulon after having seen the episode of " I survived " or whatever it's called that he was on and nearly died. Very inspiring!
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    I like the show. I do however have to dvr it b/c I hate all the waiting to see the weigh ins. LOL. Love to fast forward through all that stuff. LOL.

It's going to be fun to see the difference in the trainers. I do personally like that they seem into using the contestants own body weight as the focus of their workouts. All that boxing, and training outside in a beautiful part of the country.

That said wow those people seriously need the help. That one guy lost from 646 to 507 before he got there. It's sad to see people that have gotten that large. It's inspiring to see them out there changing. :)
  • caroline8483
    caroline8483 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm guessing you are in the US as I haven't seen it advertised in the UK? Am I missing something?! I've only seen one series over here and that was when I was on maternity leave in 2008/2009. I loved it though and found it really motivating! x
  • withanurgency
    Options
    I haven't watched it in a while but I watched the premiere last night. Two new trainers is an interesting twist. We'll see how the season turns out. I feel bad for the big guy on the blue team. Over 600 pounds? YIKES!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
    Options
    I have watched it since season 1 and one of the things I like best about the show is for many it is educational. It educates people on the lives of many who are super morbibly obese and shows many how a person gets there. The average super morbibly obese person is not going to discuss this issue with others.

So I think the show highlights their pains, struggles, etc. It helps others not to think the person is huge because they want to be. I get my tissues out every show. Unfortunately I have to watch it later because I am not at home on Tuesdays anymore but the show is phonomenol. And I am sure you all have noted that the contestants are getting heavier with every show. I give them a thumbs up for just putting their pain out their like that because I would not have the courage to put my life and mental issues out their like these contestants have. I can't wait to look at it tomorrow or Friday!
  • SandysNewLife
    SandysNewLife Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I think Patrick won if I remember right. Sad thing is the Biggest loser that got kicked off really won. the first and 2nd place BL "winners" really finished 4th and 5th place.

Yes it is motivating and fun to see how FAST they change. Some of the exercises they do seem unsafe. Ok if the guy is 350 lbs why is Jillian at 120 lbs ?? on his back? his poor knees ! Also seems unsafe to just throw them into 5 or 6 hours of exercise a day. Maybe they build up to that rate before they come to the show.

Lastly, does anyone leave with eating disorders ? If the game is on the line as far as weight goes, ive heard they go w/o water all day to lose more Im sure they do other things also to get the weight as low as possible before the big weigh in.

I always watch it tho ; )
  • DawniesLife
    Options
    I have only watched a couple of seasons, but my wife and I are for sure watching this season! I love all the tips and learning I do while watching the show. I do envy those on the show for being able to lose so much weight so quickly, but I do realize that isn't possible in our real life situations.
  • um yeah....love it.....eat it.....breath it.....never miss an episode!

Same!!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    I haven't watched it in a while but I watched the premiere last night. Two new trainers is an interesting twist. We'll see how the season turns out. I feel bad for the big guy on the blue team. Over 600 pounds? YIKES!

I did not know they had someone on this season who weighed 600. That is the highest yet. Who are his trainers? I hope it is Jillian and Bob since I doubt the other ones have really worked with anyone that size.
  • Mamakatspokane
    Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member
    Options

It bothers me though when they say how much the show inspired them and now they are glad they are on. Me, I'm like, the show inspires you, get out and DO IT don't wait to be a contestant!!
    YES!!!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    I think Patrick won if I remember right. Sad thing is the Biggest loser that got kicked off really won. the first and 2nd place BL "winners" really finished 4th and 5th place.

Yes it is motivating and fun to see how FAST they change. Some of the exercises they do seem unsafe. Ok if the guy is 350 lbs why is Jillian at 120 lbs ?? on his back? his poor knees ! Also seems unsafe to just throw them into 5 or 6 hours of exercise a day. Maybe they build up to that rate before they come to the show.

Lastly, does anyone leave with eating disorders ? If the game is on the line as far as weight goes, ive heard they go w/o water all day to lose more Im sure they do other things also to get the weight as low as possible before the big weigh in.

I always watch it tho ; )

I agree it is rare the Biggest Loser wins the money. This is the 1st season that neither of the Biggest Losers won 1st or 2nd place.
  • jchecks
    jchecks Posts: 133
    Options
    I'm guessing you are in the US as I haven't seen it advertised in the UK? Am I missing something?! I've only seen one series over here and that was when I was on maternity leave in 2008/2009. I loved it though and found it really motivating! x

Yep...in the US...they should have the show over there - its truly amazing!
  • CricketClover
    CricketClover Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I love the show and watch it every season, I did miss the first couple of seasons though but now I never miss an episode. I can't wait to watch this season and watch the people change and for us to start learning their personalities so I can decide who to cheer for. I always want all of them to do well but I like to have one or two people that I like best. :happy:
  • myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I la-la-love Biggles Looser ♥
    i watched the season premier last night! super stoked about this season.
  • Time2getFit4Life
    Time2getFit4Life Posts: 521 Member
    Options

Yep...in the US...they should have the show over there - its truly amazing!

It will air Jan 10th in th UK at 9 PM
  • He's in the low 500's, not 600