My legs are firm/toned but still fat?

Options
2»

Replies

• XoxoFlowerGirL
    Options
    I thought toned met that your body is firm & tight and not jiggly? Maybe I'm confused??? O.o
  • LianaG1115
    LianaG1115 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    squats, dead lifts, lunges...
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I thought toned met that your body is firm & tight and not jiggly? Maybe I'm confused??? O.o

Toned is a buzzword. Usually people use it to mean low enough body fat that muscle shows through.
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options

I don't think you were confused but I guess when you said "still fat" confused people...although I totally understand what you were saying.
  • XoxoFlowerGirL
    Options
    I have to agree with the profile pic...it is WAY out of proportion! Anyway you cant spot reduce. As you lose your body will take fat from where it wants to. Im 5'6" 127 pounds and still have chunky thighs. My saddlebags are the worst area and Ive looked and there is nothing that can be done short of plastic surgery or losing more weight! I refuse to lose more so Im stuck with them! Such is life. You gotta learn to love yourself flaws and all :flowerforyou:

This was so touching. Thank you.:smile:
  • XoxoFlowerGirL
    Options
    it takes time...It took me 2 years to get where I am now, still fat over muscle, but definitely a big change...people notice that.

I still have a long way to "run", literally.

I pretty much do everything, from squat with heavy weights to road running, and barre/ballet, and insanity...

Thank you so much. This is inspiring. :flowerforyou:
  • RunMyOregonBunsOff
    RunMyOregonBunsOff Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    There are two types of body fat...one is firm and the other is more jiggly. Also the elasticity of your skin will affect the jiggly appearance. Keep at it. Keep a small caloric deficit. Do strength exercises. Keep reading and researching. Don't feel hurt when people are blunt on here and just learn all that you can. Don't give up and you will get there but it won't be overnight.
  • loubidy
    loubidy Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Same boat pal. My thighs make me sad but we will go to the gym come home and sit with our plain pop corn and wait for are bodies to lose from the thighs...
  • strutdivastrut
    strutdivastrut Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I have fat legs too and running, using the squat machine, and the inner and outer thigh machines have helped me so much.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Trying to figure out how you can have both toned & fat legs at the same time?

+1