Starting yet again on my weight loss journey...wish luck

Options
2»

Replies

• Vigilance88
    Vigilance88 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Should have known better when I read you consider sugar as addicting as heroin.

Don't know what to tell you if you know everything. Just man up and do it, I guess?
  • Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    I changed it down to 1980 - still no weight loss.
    I was eating 1500 calories + as much fruit and veggies as I want.

Just because you don't count them doesn't mean they don't count.

With a 1500 calorie base, even a few pieces of fruit per day can easily drive you to 1980, or more.

Looking at your posts on this thread so far, I think you have a very underdeveloped idea of exactly what you eat, and how many calories go into it. I mean the above example has you saying you didn't lose at 1980, while extolling the virtues of another program where you're losing on about the same amount of calories, if not more.
  • theguy12
    theguy12 Posts: 156
    Options
    If your going to be negative please just keep it to yourself. Thanks. Only positive posts here - don't want to bring this whole thing crashing down with negativity before it even begins. This post went from being nice and keep it up to debby downers bringing me down - boo to you!

Duh - I know veggies and fruit count and you should log them - wasn't saying they don't. Was just telling you when I lost the most weight is all - jeez. Nit pick much?

I weigh and measure all foods that are not packaged already. I count everything I eat - don't skip anything. I know how to do this - support is what I need - not negative feedback.

Vigilance88 - did you check out that documentary or looked at research. If you don't think sugar is addictive then you probably don't believe global warming exists either or think the big bang never happened.
  • theguy12
    Options
    And yes I do know a little about nutrition and exercise - I graduated with a Bachelors of Nutrition Science from Kaplan University in 2004. I was hoping to find work as a nutritionist in the local hospital but it never came to be. Ended up working for a family friend instead in an unrelated field. I also was the wrestling coach and handled all strength and cardio programs at Rocky Mtn High School from 2000-2002. I played football and wrestled - both with insane daily workout programs. I wrestled after high school on the national level for several years as both a cadet and junior in freestyle and Greco. I also coaches those teams and several camps after I graduated. I was an athlete in every sense of the word and was great at managing weight - losing it on command and gaining it even when needed.

Unfortunately I have left all that knowledge and training in the dust (10 years ago now) and forgotten how to stay motivated enough to keep healthy. Wish I was still an athlete or even a coach - it's a lot easier when you have practice every day.

Sad to even really admit those things and then complain about my weight and eating - shouldn't need to ask for support.
  • gostumpy
    gostumpy Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    The first little while is definitely the hardest for me, changing my portions to allow them to fit within my daily caloric intake was and still is a big challenge for me.

I personally weigh myself daily, not worrying if I gain a pound or two because I know it goes away the next day or two... but I use every pound lost as inspiration to do one more... the thrill of each pound lost is a great motivator for me.. I make a game of it :)
  • Vigilance88
    Vigilance88 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    My first post wasn't negative at all, I tried to give some advice from my experience.

All I said was that during weight watchers you were probably eating over 1800 cals including vegetables and fruit.
    I was trying to tell you that you could eat 2000 and lose weight, since you did it before -on weight watchers.-

You posted afterwards that you know everything about nutrition and you know what to do. And you added some sugar bull**** which tends to get on my nerves.

That indicates to me you don't care about advice or help, you just want a pat on the back.
    Theres an entire subforum for that, I don't even read such topics usually. So, sorry for wasting each others time I guess? :drinker:

You don't need support, you need to find a plan that works for you longterm. (hint: it's not a soup diet)

ps: I'm not gonna discuss the documentary with you, it will derail the thread. Theres another thread where you will see plenty of debate on it if you're open to it. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1287201-katie-couric-s-perils-of-food-polics
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    My first post wasn't negative at all, I tried to give some advice from my experience.

All I said was that during weight watchers you were probably eating over 1800 cals including vegetables and fruit.
    I was trying to tell you that you could eat 2000 and lose weight, since you did it before -on weight watchers.-

You posted afterwards that you know everything about nutrition and you know what to do. And you added some sugar bull**** which tends to get on my nerves.

That indicates to me you don't care about advice or help, you just want a pat on the back.
    Theres an entire subforum for that, I don't even read such topics usually. So, sorry for wasting each others time I guess? :drinker:

You don't need support, you need to find a plan that works for you longterm. (hint: it's not a soup diet)

ps: I'm not gonna discuss the documentary with you, it will derail the thread. Theres another thread where you will see plenty of debate on it if you're open to it. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1287201-katie-couric-s-perils-of-food-polics

What they said ^^
    from your posts I get the impression that you are just going to do what you want regardless of the information that anyone gives you. You've tried it your way 14 other times...what leads you to believe that doing it your way again will result in a different experience this time?

You have enough to lose that your goal is totally doable and more so why don't you let us help you instead of telling us how much you know?
  • theguy12
    Options
    What I asked for was a pat on the back (wish me luck). Never asked for advice (on this post at least - ha ha).

Thanks to the supporters and people in similar positions - let's do this thing together!!!!!!

I actually have taken everyone's advice on the thread so far - lets see:

1.) Don't do the same thing you've done 15 times already. Not going to - trying a new diet, new workout routine, new strategy.

2.) It's not about luck it's about prep. I agree - I have prepared well for the journey ahead. Planned everything including prepping all my food, veggies, salads, etc for the week so I can't complain it's slow to make it at home. Planned a workout routine but not sure how good I will be at sticking with it.

3.) Been practicing positive self talk about home and work.

4.) Log everything. Doing it - bought a scale actually and weight or measure everything I eat.

5.) Try pre-logging. Doing that too - planning out entire day ahead of time. Adding any snacks or extras that night.

6.) Just remember to keep moving. On it - been walking around office, taking walks on breaks, etc.

7.) Use average of the calculators. Did that - went ahead and switched to the average instead of what was suggested.

8.) Read the linked articles. Already have - a few times on past attempts. Looked over them again today.
  • Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    If your going to be negative please just keep it to yourself. Thanks. Only positive posts here - don't want to bring this whole thing crashing down with negativity before it even begins. This post went from being nice and keep it up to debby downers bringing me down - boo to you!

What negativity? Not a single person in this thread has approached you with "negativity" or tried to "bring you down". Pointing out some obvious flaws in your approach isn't negativity, it's help. You don't need a ra-ra ticker tape parade, you need facts that'll help you avoid chasing your tail round and round bend again.

Also realizing that nobody can "bring" you down, that's totally your choice no matter what anybody says to you.
    Duh - I know veggies and fruit count and you should log them - wasn't saying they don't. Was just telling you when I lost the most weight is all - jeez. Nit pick much?

Well no, it's not a nitpick.

Saying you can't lose on 1980 calories, but then going on to say you did a 1500 calorie diet with unlimited fruits and vegetables proves that, yes, you actually can, and have, lost on 1980 calories and possibly more.

But you know what, I'm not in the business of helping those who feel they've got it all figured out. I'll just take me and my 130lbs (and counting) success right on to the next thread.
  • theguy12
    Options
    Please do - thanks.
  • karmac0matic
    karmac0matic Posts: 285
    Options
    sending only good vibes your way :)
  • theguy12
    Options
    Awesome - thanks for giving support and not advice.

It's so helpful and keeps me going - thank you!!!
  • fvtfan
    fvtfan Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    My only suggestion is to take baby steps - worry about what you are eating first and add exercise when you are feeling good about your nutrition. Weight loss is in the kitchen, not at the gym. You are trying to do it all at once and overwhelming yourself I think.
  • theguy12
    Options
    Almost 8 pounds down this week - woo hoo.

That is instant motivation.
  • gostumpy
    gostumpy Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Agreed!!!