Looking For More Support

Options
I am looking for more support on the last leg of my journey. I started my journey in July 2013 at 375 pounds. I lost about 30 pounds just cutting out soda and walking within a few months. I started MFP in August of 2013 and have loved it. Now I am at 239 and am closing in on my milestone I set for myself. I do not know what my goal weight is. I have not ben this weight since I was in grade school. But I need some support from people that have lost 100+ pounds and that might be able to offer some advice. I have really tried really hard to intensify my workout...but needs advice on not giving up when the finish line is so close!!

Replies

• happynunn
    happynunn Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi :) I haven't lost 100lb + nor have I got that to loose BUT I think keeping going /staying motivated enough to keep upgrading our workouts is hard how ever much we have to loose. Having achieved what you have in such a short space of time is AWESOME !! To want to keep improving IS your motivation,you have to want it enough to keep at it and I believe that applies to everything in life ;) But we are humans not machines and we will all have times when we lapse,loose our mojo (that ones been me) and that's ok we accept that ..then we get back on it,back to that desire ,that want ..and WE DO GET THERE.
    You are an inspiration ,remind yourself from where you've come ,relive everything you've put in to get to where you are , take some pats on the back,then some breaths and reinvent your workout,reminding yourself that every new up in your workout is a means to the next 10/20/30 lb off .I hope this isn't patronising or preaching,i don't want it to be ..id like it to be helpful .
    Good luck and again well done ;))
  • tracy_getsfit
    tracy_getsfit Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Hi :) I haven't lost 100lb + nor have I got that to loose BUT I think keeping going /staying motivated enough to keep upgrading our workouts is hard how ever much we have to loose. Having achieved what you have in such a short space of time is AWESOME !! To want to keep improving IS your motivation,you have to want it enough to keep at it and I believe that applies to everything in life ;) But we are humans not machines and we will all have times when we lapse,loose our mojo (that ones been me) and that's ok we accept that ..then we get back on it,back to that desire ,that want ..and WE DO GET THERE.
    You are an inspiration ,remind yourself from where you've come ,relive everything you've put in to get to where you are , take some pats on the back,then some breaths and reinvent your workout,reminding yourself that every new up in your workout is a means to the next 10/20/30 lb off .I hope this isn't patronising or preaching,i don't want it to be ..id like it to be helpful .
    Good luck and again well done ;))

Thank you very much!
  • Hippiemomof4
    Hippiemomof4 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Your amazing..100 pounds lost..what a rockstar! I dont have that much to lose but we all need friends. I just started my journey and I need to lose at least 55 pounds. Feel free to add me..even though Im not exactly what your looking for :)
  • adele522
    adele522 Posts: 1
    Options
    I to am new here!
    Wow 104 lost is amazing
    Well done :)
  • stacie30
    stacie30 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am new here but .. wow 104!! you rock for that. I have been dieting or shall i say eating right an exerciseing for 49 day now an have lost 29 pounds . I feel like iam getting discouraged an the scale seems like it has barely moved in days ... feel like i have hit a rut.
  • tracy_getsfit
    tracy_getsfit Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Ruts can be hard BUT no rut is ever to hard to get out of! Change something you are doing: analyze food, analyze workout, do something to jump start system will help!
  • bug6lover
    bug6lover Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Wow! Amazing! You got this ..one day at a time :)