Global Corporate Challenge 2014

Options
My company is participating in this challenge and this is my first year hearing about it. I have joined a group of 7 as required and overall my company has signed up over 150 teams across our divisions.

If you too are involved, let me know.

It kicks off May 28th, 2014. I think last day to register is very soon.

For those of you that don't know much about it, it is a 12 month program designed to boost the health and performance of employees. Their motto is: Get The World Moving.

It is no wonder my company is frequently a Forbes Top place to work. This is so great. I sure hope the MFP community is able to participate in this with their companies too.

Replies

• cgreene114
    cgreene114 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I just finished something like that with my company. One of the contestants on the biggest loser works at one of our stores. They used him as a spokes person to push this challenge. It was a 12 week challenge that ended at the end of April. Needless to say, I did not meet my goal :(. I am so hoping to stick to it this time around. Seeing all the positive comments and people in the MFP community, I know I will be successful this go around. Today was my day 1. So far so good.
  • Adefowler
    Adefowler Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    My company is having one this month too! It's teams of 4 and we track our fitness at EVERYMOVE.ORG. Which is kinda cool because you can earn prizes. I think it starts the 13th or the 18th. MFP hooks up to EVERYMOVE.ORG, so I only have to enter my exercise in one time.
  • NetflixFitness87
    Options
    I just finished something like that with my company. One of the contestants on the biggest loser works at one of our stores. They used him as a spokes person to push this challenge. It was a 12 week challenge that ended at the end of April. Needless to say, I did not meet my goal :(. I am so hoping to stick to it this time around. Seeing all the positive comments and people in the MFP community, I know I will be successful this go around. Today was my day 1. So far so good.

How is today? I was away from my computer over the weekend. Just dust yourself off and focus on what you will do today!
  • NetflixFitness87
    Options
    My company is having one this month too! It's teams of 4 and we track our fitness at EVERYMOVE.ORG. Which is kinda cool because you can earn prizes. I think it starts the 13th or the 18th. MFP hooks up to EVERYMOVE.ORG, so I only have to enter my exercise in one time.

Oh wow, that sounds great. Yes, with the GCC we are suppose to get some type of activity tracking device. We officially start 5-28-2013. I am excited, I am not sure we get prizes but I hope to use it to help my team and to stay on track with my goals.
  • schmanciepants
    schmanciepants Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I just registered yesterday with my team of 7 too! And I start May 28th too - we may work at the same place :smile:

I like to walk at lunchtime already, but am looking forward to getting the pedometer to track better, and to up what I am doing.
  • casy84
    casy84 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I also registered a team with the hope it will motivate me to stay active. I can't wait for it to start :)
  • chribonn66
    chribonn66 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm team captain for this year's GCc. It is my first time. Does GCC device link to MFP?
  • 1cafesvp
    1cafesvp Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    My company is also doing the GCC again this year - it is my 4th year and i love it. I am team captain...looking for fun ideas to keep my teammates pumped...
    The podometer does not sync with MFP, no.
    Have a blast y'all!
  • ajewellmom
    ajewellmom Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    First time doing GCC here. I am team captain and just received my pedometers today. Very excited to get back on track. Hoping my elliptical will register.
  • lyndelruth
    lyndelruth Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Also first time doing the GCC and also Team Captain. So impressed with this program and how its getting me to move more. Looking forward to great results at the end of 100 days.
  • lawlorka
    lawlorka Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    We're doing GCC too - I'm winning our team mini-league! Our company entered about 300 teams around the world! It is a great motivator to get you out walking/cycling/swimming, and my PB so far is 33000!

Unfortunately, my count will be way down over the next few days because I've gotten an insect bite on my ankle that I've had a reaction too so its swollen and extremely painful. Walking is excrutiating, so don't know how I'm going to meek 10k steps every day for the mini-challenge!
  • shelleycolton
    shelleycolton Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    yes me, to we're doing it! it is a great motivator, it would be nice to have some friends on MFP that are doing the challenge too.