c25k start

Options
I am starting c25k today, anybody with me?

Replies

• mkep3000
    Options
    I did this program and ran my first 12k in November.. I now run regularly 3 - 4 times a week.. such a great program! Good luck!!
  • Claudia007
    Claudia007 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I started my generic version of it last week. LET'S DO THIS! :)
  • wowzer
    wowzer Posts: 18
    Options
    Thanks for the success story! I am glad that i downloaded the countdown/music to my ipod. That makes a huge difference. My ultimate goal is to run the Disney 1/2 next January. Right now I couldn't run across a mall parking lot . . . but i am thinking positive.
  • Claudia007
    Claudia007 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I need to download it too. Right now I am just timming myself as I printed out the "schedule". I am not runner, and have never been. But my daughter is such a great athlete and I want to run with her! She is my inspiration :) Maybe I'll even work up the nerve to run a 5k too!
  • Suedre
    Suedre Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Y'all can do it! It worked ok for me even though I had to repeat several weeks and felt like a total failure now and again. Turns out, it's just part of the process. You'll be hitting 3 miles before you know it!
  • mkep3000
    Options
    just keep a positive attitude towards it.. I had to repeat a few weeks more than a few times but eventually your body accepts the workout and then one day you're running and you don't even realize you've passed the 3 mile mark! music definitely helps.. I also started running with a friend.. I find that I push myself harder to keep up with her.. then I registered for races and used that as motivation to keep going. 15k in March, here I come!