What to do!!!

Options
golferd
golferd Posts: 400 Member
5-8 male 36 years old, 233-243

I started Paleo and lost 20 lbs in 28 days. I knew it would slow, but not stop.

My routine: run in the morning (20-40 minutes) 3-4 times a week.

Breakfast: place skillet on scale, zero out add 12-14 grams of coconut oil. 14grams is perfect, if hit 12 log as .9 servings.
Zero out scale
Add 2 servings of onion pepper blend or 168 grams
Zero out scale
Add 4 eggs adjust measurement based on the weight.
Log this all individually

Cut and wash celery, zero scale, add celery to scale, log based on grams

Lunch: zero out scale, take after cooked weight divided by precooked weight (tells me how much I need to add back in for precooked weight) . Log based on nutrition label and weight

Snack: zero scale, add almonds to scale log grams

Workout: p90x hybrid 6 days a week

Dinner: use factor from lunch to add back in weight to get to starting weight

8/16=50%. Must add back in 100% to get my precooked weight. So 4 oz after cooked would be logged as 8 ounces

Only time I use measuring cup is if I am drinking a smoothy and need to measure my coconut milk.

I was told if I am not losing I am not in a deficit regardless, so cut 500 calories a day to lose a lb. I did this not helping.

Should I go to 1200?

If I eat it, I log it.

Replies

• ErinMcMom
    ErinMcMom Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Are you eating back your exercise calories? With the amount you work out and because you are a male it sounds like you're not eating nearly enough.
    Heck, I eat more than you some days! Eat more to lose more :)
  • Vigilance88
    Vigilance88 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    No don't lower it to 1200.

As a guy, if you are not losing on 1400 net cals you need to see a doctor and rule out medical issues.
    If you have ruled that out, its a logging issue.
  • golferd
    Options
    Yes, I eat back my calories and all of them.

I use a polar ft40 set to me. However, I am starting to doubt my HRM as I know my food logging is accurate.
  • GauchoMark
    GauchoMark Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    are you using the HRM for exercise only or wearing it all the time as an activity tracker?
  • GauchoMark
    GauchoMark Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    by the way, you lost 20 lbs in 28 days. That is a huge loss and is likely to be mostly water (sorry). Now that you are a month in, your body is just normalizing the water balance and that is probably why you think you haven't lost fat. If you are at a deficit, you are losing fat, but your are probably regaining some of the water weight that you lost initially. Even though you are making progress, the scale doesn't know the difference between fat loss and water weight.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    ah I see you are back with the exact same question from last month...and a couple weeks ago.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1262290-inches-not-weight-experience-at-same-weight-range
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1270696-couple-of-questions-weight-stalled

you are not logging accurately as mentioned the last two times..I mean 675g of celery? that is 1.5lbs of celery...may 13th along with 16oz of boneless pork loin...1lb...so for lunch that day you ate 1lb of meat and 1.5lbs of celery.

16oz of pork loin has 784 calories cooked...605cal cooked you have it logged at 560

and that same day you have porkchops 14oz cooked logged for breakfast @ 595 cal, then again later in the day for 560 calories...

You have to accept your logging is incorrect and if you are not losing weight you are not in a deficit.

As a man eating 1800 calories a day if you aren't losing weight look at your intake...going down to 1200 is not the answer.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    What do you cook your pork chops in? What was the ground turkey cooked with.

All of what Stef said above
  • allbarrett
    allbarrett Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    ah I see you are back with the exact same question from last month...and a couple weeks ago.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1262290-inches-not-weight-experience-at-same-weight-range
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1270696-couple-of-questions-weight-stalled

you are not logging accurately as mentioned the last two times..I mean 675g of celery? that is 1.5lbs of celery...may 13th along with 16oz of boneless pork loin...1lb...so for lunch that day you ate 1lb of meat and 1.5lbs of celery.

16oz of pork loin has 784 calories cooked...605cal cooked you have it logged at 560

and that same day you have porkchops 14oz cooked logged for breakfast @ 595 cal, then again later in the day for 560 calories...

You have to accept your logging is incorrect and if you are not losing weight you are not in a deficit.

As a man eating 1800 calories a day if you aren't losing weight look at your intake...going down to 1200 is not the answer.

If I could "Like" or "Upvote" you, I would.

Listen to this person, OP. I looked at the same day and got stuck on (1) you said you ate 44 ounces of pork in one day (not to mention the 1.5 pounds of celery at lunch...that is amazing!), (2) this 2.75 pounds of meat only had 1680 calories, and (3) apparently the same food had different calorie counts per ounce, depending on when you ate it.
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    I would recommend eating proper food and not a celery and protein powder diet (how does the protein powder help with weight loss?)
  • golferd
    Options
    are you using the HRM for exercise only or wearing it all the time as an activity tracker?

I wear the heart rate monitor for runs and my p90x hybrid (P90x and Insanity)
  • golferd
    Options

Yes, I have asked the same question. You told me to lower my calories by 500 and I have the same result.

Yes, I eat that amount of celery. Yes, I realize that is over 1 lb of celery!!!!!!! If the scale was at ZERO and then you add the pieces of celery (no container) only the pieces of celery and the scale reads 864g. Then I select in the MFP diary 8.64 using the 100g setting. Equally the 864 that is the SAME ******** NUMBER.

If you add the container and zero the scale. then you add 12 ounces of after cooked meat and you add in the % to reflect after cooked vs precooked. That I determined before cooking and then after cooking.

I take all my information from the food labels on my food. Is that not the reason they are on the food. That particiular food item what a lab tested it at. They are always precooked also.

YES, I EAT LBS OF FOOD A DAY. I TAKE THE CALORIES FROM THE LABELS and use the weight the scale says!!!!!!!!

If the label says 4 ounces (113g) 150 calories. you then take and measure off 452 grams that equals 16 (4 servings) ounces and calories is 600 calories. What is wrong with that?????????
  • golferd
    Options
    I cooked the porkchops in 1 tbsp (14grams) on the first day 120 calories. That is it!!! no seasoning, i logged that all on the first day the meat was spread out over several days.

Turkey most of time just brown it. if not logged same as above
  • golferd
    Options
    DO YOU WANT PICTURES OF THE SCALE? PICTURES OF THE CELERY!!!! THAT IS 1 CELERY STALK WANT VIDEO!!!

WANT PICTURES OF FOOD LABELS FROM THE FOOD I COOK!!!
  • golferd
    Options
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options

Yes, I have asked the same question. You told me to lower my calories by 500 and I have the same result.

Yes, I eat that amount of celery. Yes, I realize that is over 1 lb of celery!!!!!!! If the scale was at ZERO and then you add the pieces of celery (no container) only the pieces of celery and the scale reads 864g. Then I select in the MFP diary 8.64 using the 100g setting. Equally the 864 that is the SAME ******** NUMBER.

If you add the container and zero the scale. then you add 12 ounces of after cooked meat and you add in the % to reflect after cooked vs precooked. That I determined before cooking and then after cooking.

I take all my information from the food labels on my food. Is that not the reason they are on the food. That particiular food item what a lab tested it at. They are always precooked also.

YES, I EAT LBS OF FOOD A DAY. I TAKE THE CALORIES FROM THE LABELS and use the weight the scale says!!!!!!!!

If the label says 4 ounces (113g) 150 calories. you then take and measure off 452 grams that equals 16 (4 servings) ounces and calories is 600 calories. What is wrong with that?????????

No I did not..this is what I said.
    BMR can be tested but no it wouldn't be covered by insurance I suspect as it is not necessary for your health etc.

If you are not in a deficit you wont lose weight...it's that simple. It doesn't matter if you are strict paleo...you can gain weight eating paleo pretty easily actually...

Even if you got the test it's still guess work as BMR is only one part of the equation...TDEE is the number you need, that is your maitenance...then you subtract off that to get your deficit.

If after 1 month you are still weighing the same...congrats you found maitenance...now take off 500 calories from that and you are good to go....

BTW I looked at your diary....and it doesn't look like you weigh everything...choosing the correct entries is as important as weighing everything.

So let me be blunt your logging is crap that is why you aren't losing weight. Your entries are all over the place, you don't log everything and you don't weigh everything because if you are truely eating less than me (I eat 1800 and lose) you would be losing weight.

But you insist your logging is fine...and is totally accurate even tho I have pointed out numerous items that make no sense...

So you have been given advice...you don't like it..you insist you log everything correctly including weighing oil...:noway:

so perhaps you need to visit the doctor and get some bloodwork done, get your thyroid checked etc...because you are defying the laws of physics...

CICO
  • golferd
    Options

Listen to this person, OP. I looked at the same day and got stuck on (1) you said you ate 44 ounces of pork in one day (not to mention the 1.5 pounds of celery at lunch...that is amazing!), (2) this 2.75 pounds of meat only had 1680 calories, and (3) apparently the same food had different calorie counts per ounce, depending on when you ate it.

Country Style Pork Ribs

Boneless Pork Loin

D- Grade

140 Calories

Taken from a different website. 448 grams is 4 servings. 140 x 4= 560!!!!!

Nutrition Facts

Serving Size 4oz (112 g)

Per Serving % Daily Value*

Calories140

Calories from Fat 45

Total Fat 5g 8%

Saturated Fat 2g 10%

Cholesterol 55mg 18%

Sodium 210mg 9%

Carbohydrates 0g 0%

Protein 24g

Iron 4%

Read more: Calories in Aldi - Country Style Pork Ribs, Boneless Pork Loin | Nutrition and Health Facts http://caloriecount.about.com/calories-aldi-country-style-pork-ribs-i316884#ixzz31o4qGMDq
  • maz504
    maz504 Posts: 450
    Options
    IDontKnowWhatWereYellingAbout.gif
  • golferd
    Options

Country Style Pork Ribs

Boneless Pork Loin

D- Grade

140 Calories

Taken from a different website. 448 grams is 4 servings. 140 x 4= 560!!!!!

Nutrition Facts

Serving Size 4oz (112 g)

Per Serving % Daily Value*

Calories140

Calories from Fat 45

Total Fat 5g 8%

Saturated Fat 2g 10%

Cholesterol 55mg 18%

Sodium 210mg 9%

Carbohydrates 0g 0%

Protein 24g

Iron 4%

Read more: Calories in Aldi - Country Style Pork Ribs, Boneless Pork Loin | Nutrition and Health Facts http://caloriecount.about.com/calories-aldi-country-style-pork-ribs-i316884#ixzz31o4qGMDq

So use the info above what am I doing wrong? 4 servings is 1 lb and 560 calories
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    Why Paleo ?