chimichanga calorie help???

Options
im going out for a meal to chimichanga (the restaurant) tonight and im terrified because im a recovering anorexic and mexican food is really high calorie??? i know you'll probably say something like 'blah blah you need to gain weight anyway just enjoy it' but that's not what my question is going to be bc im a healthy weight now i just want less anxiety about it???

does anyone have any estimates for a piri piri chicken chargrill and mexican rice bc at the moment im counting it as 900-1000 but anorexics are notorious for overestimating lmao thank you!!!

Replies

• EmmieBaby
    EmmieBaby Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    the chicken should be around 500ish or less (depending if its a breast or leg)
    around 200ish cals for a cup of mexican rice.

I'm basing my info on a local Mexican place I often go to.

I would say go for it, the chicken is a good source of protein and the rice is just yummy =)
  • athlon23
    athlon23 Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi jessica in my teens are suffer from ED and recovered to where I'm not afraid of food, well done for getting on track, i know its hard but when your older you will be much happier trust me

My best advice to you,is dont worry to much, i suggest maybe taking baby steps, having a small amount of things you want. and stick to water cause water is great for your body and hydrating your skin back to health, as long as you dont swing out of control, you will be fine, remember, you exercise during the day even if you dont notice it, if you eat more meals but smaller portions your matobilism for speed up and you will remain a healthy weight without starving yourself . yes people, you can eat more and loose weight from it. so don't let your thoughts tell you other wise.
  • Alastair007
    Alastair007 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Depends on portion size... Peri Peri chicken about 1 calorie per gram. Yu are probably over-estimating at 900 calories.