small issue with eating out

Options

Replies

• Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Please please please eat more....seriously. I'm not trying to be an *kitten*. Your BMR is roughly 2k per day. You really should be eating 2k / day. Eating as low as you are #1 - It's really not enough for your body to function over a long period of time....You are asking for issues. #2 - You might lose a lot of weight but a good % of that is muscle/lean mass as well as fat. The more muscle you lose the less calories you burn and the harder it will be to maintain.
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    I love these thread titles

It made me a little sad at first. Then when I came in and saw 1200 calories, I was just really sad.

Eat out.

Eat burgers.

Maybe in that order.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    I look forward to eating out and then having a burger later.
  • IPAkiller
    IPAkiller Posts: 711 Member
    Options

It made me a little sad at first. Then when I came in and saw 1200 calories, I was just really sad.

Eat out.

Eat burgers.

Maybe in that order.
    Usually you have to buy her dinner before she lets you...
  • wheird
    Options

Eat out.

Eat burgers.

Maybe in that order.

You have to use logic. "If we eat first we are going tobe too full for that."
  • sbarella
    sbarella Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    Dude. It's your birthday. Seriously...have your burger, and wash it down with some cake and ice cream! As long as you aren't dong that every day, or even every week, then you're fine. You can't undo 60lbs of hard work with one meal.

Also, 1200 cals? You might want to rethink that limit. I'm a 5'3" woman and I eat more than that.
    This. 100% this. (even our height is the same)
  • KseRz
    KseRz Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    Get a salad with your fav dressing on the side.

Their 10oz sirloin is 600 cals with 48g of protein. Get that and their seasonal veggies as side items.
  • SGM_Adonis
    SGM_Adonis Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    Okay, I have been loosing weight since January and have currently lost 27.2 kilos (60lbs) and I am doing really good with my dieting and excercise but this weekend coming up is a late my late birthday celebration with my 2 boys.

I promised them that I would take them to see Godzilla and dinner at TGI Fridays.

the problem is I am trying to stay within 1200 calories a day, but one burger there is 1300 calories:(. I am thinking about saying we won't do dinner, but I can tell they are disappointed with the thought of not having a nice dinner out.

I just don't know what to do as I was looking forward to this diner and time with my boys.

By the numbers:

1) Misleading Thread title is misleading.

2) 'I just don't know what to do as I was looking forward to this diner"

My suggestion, just give up. If you eat a 1300 calorie burger, your life will cease to exist. Any sign of your existence willcompletely be erased from history. Even your Facebook and MFP account will be wiped clean...gone.

3) Loosing, lose, lost, loosend, goose, geesen, moose, moosen. A flocken of moosen is geesened and loosened.

*sips moar coffee*
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    I call 'false advertising. 'With that misleading thread title I really believed calories would be the least of your concerns.

Anyway... Just go to Applebees instead of Fridays and order off the 500 or less menu if you're that worried about it, and watch her reactions to get a handle on the other problem...
  • ren_ascent
    ren_ascent Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Agree with what everyone has said about the following: One night won't kill your diet, 1200 is too few calories, and they serve things other than burgers. Here's the nutritional guide if you haven't googled it. They have a ton of stuff that's reasonable:

https://www.tgifridays.com/nutrition.pdf
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Up your calories.

After you have done that, if you still don't want to drop 1,300 on a burger, either order something else or take half of the burger/fries home.

Also, up your calories.
  • montynurse
    montynurse Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    How are you not ill or lightheaded with only 1200 cals a day? How are you able to sustain your body? It needs more. Maybe you did not include the calories you burned.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    How are you not ill or lightheaded with only 1200 cals a day? How are you able to sustain your body? It needs more. Maybe you did not include the calories you burned.

i had an ex that would get lightheaded every time i ate out.
  • spoiledpuppies
    spoiledpuppies Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Not sure if anyone already posted this, but TGIFridays has steaks that you can get with light sides like broccoli and stay around 400 calories even. The meal is actually quite good, so you may not even feel deprived. (And I think it's their Oreo dessert that isn't too horrible either if you do want to splurge.)
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options

Eat out.

Eat burgers.

Maybe in that order.

I mean, that was the logic I was going with.

Also, local burger place has a chili bean burger TO DIE FOR. Probably don't want to go burger first...
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    why are you only eating 1200 cals?

Wondering the same.
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    Consistent pressure and speed usually helps
  • wheird
    Options

Eat out.

Eat burgers.

Maybe in that order.

I mean, that was the logic I was going with.

Also, local burger place has a chili bean burger TO DIE FOR. Probably don't want to go burger first...

Usually hungry after anyway nomsayin
  • Powerplatemiss
    Options
    Don't be a knob mate.

You're not eating nearly enough..I'm a 5ft, 96lb woman and I eat twice as much as you..I have to or I'd never be able to squat or lift the weight I do.

Life is for living so do exactly that.. One meal won't spoil anything.

Least of all, your starvation diet :noway:
  • latenitelucy
    latenitelucy Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I have issues with this thread all the way around