Whole Grain spaghetti???

Options
2»

Replies

• vastiris
    vastiris Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I personally like it, but there's a LOT of people who don't. Just a suggestion, but I recently bought the little gadget that turns zucchini into pasta ribbons.... Of course it doesn't taste like pasta, but we put some homemade marinara on it the first time, then tried my boyfriend's low-cal version of an alfredo (it's crazy, but it it works) and I'll tell you what - I'm kind of loving it. A little sauce and cheese, and you get that overall feeling of eating pasta, and you can eat quite a bit....
  • CharlottesDK
    Options
    I like it. And I like that I feel so much more full than when I eat "normal" spaghetti. :smile:
  • dopeysmelly
    dopeysmelly Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    I prefer it. It has a more nutty taste which can take more robust sauces, and is more forgiving on cooking time without going slimey.
  • Saucy_lil_Minx
    Saucy_lil_Minx Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    Not a fan of Whole Grain spaghetti, but Quinoa spaghetti, or Brown Rice Spaghetti is yummy! My family thinks the whole grain pasta gets too mushy. We use the other two option strictly b/c they are better than regular for my sons high cholesterol.
  • CynthiaT60
    CynthiaT60 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Why would spaghetti make you 'nervous'? If you don't want to try it, no problem. If you try it and like it, no problem. If you try it and don't like it, no problem.
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    Depends on the brand. If you like your spaghetti al dente like me, Barilla whole grain spaghetti actually tastes better than "regular". Even my kids love it and they usually avoid whole grain pasta like the plague.