over in sugar?

Options
Okay so this morning I only had an english muffin with just a dab of peanut natural skippy peanut butter. I'm already over in my sugar. How much sugar is too much over? What am I going to do for lunch? If I drink a lot of water does that make up for it?

Any advice?

hehe never mind. I logged in my yogurt that I will have later as a snack. I'm good so far. But once I eat that I would not have ate lunch yet and still be over my sugar. The sugar section is not something I have paid attention to until now. I'm surprised how much sugar I do get through the day.

Still I'd take any advice.

Thanks!

Replies

• Erica92627
    Erica92627 Posts: 576
    Options
    Okay so this morning I only had an english muffin with just a dab of peanut natural skippy peanut butter. I'm already over in my sugar. How much sugar is too much over? What am I going to do for lunch? If I drink a lot of water does that make up for it?

Any advice?

hehe never mind. I logged in my yogurt that I will have later as a snack. I'm good so far. But once I eat that I would not have ate lunch yet and still be over my sugar. The sugar section is not something I have paid attention to until now. I'm surprised how much sugar I do get through the day.

Still I'd take any advice.

Thanks!
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    The problem with the "sugar" category is it does not separate natural sugars and added sugars. I do not track sugars for this reason (you can change what you track). Milk and fruit have naturally occurring sugars, which are fine. Added sugars, say an oreo, are the ones you should worry about getting too much of. If it has no nutritional value, only eat occasionally: sodas, candy, cake, etc. Or another way to think about it: if it comes prepackaged, watch out for sugars.