What is keeping YOU from reaching your goal?

Options
2»

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    ribs
    and my scale -_- maybe i should just update my goal to be happier with how i look rather than a set #

yes this is what you should do....94lbs is too little for a grown woman to weigh.

ETA: nothing is keeping me from reaching my goal. 1lb away...(actually 1/2lb)...and after this summer I may re-evaluate and at that point nothing wil stop me either...
  • knitapeace
    knitapeace Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    Lying to myself. My body doesn't get on board with the "this tiny handful of peanut butter M&Ms won't count if I don't log it" technique. Also, dinner portions.

I've been much, much more precise with weighing and measuring this week AND I bought a set of portion control kitchen utensils off Amazon that will help me gauge my dinner portions better. I still have no idea what a cup of spaghetti looks like.
  • perseverance14
    perseverance14 Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    So far nothing, but I know myself and that is why I plan to keep logging at least a few years, probably longer. Until I have lost all my weight and maintained it at least a few years, I am logging.

Since I have gone over to managing my own diet, weighing all solids in grams is working out much better for me, I mean it is eaiser to just weigh them, tare the plate, weigh the next one, and I am not so focused on 1 cup of this or 4 oz. of that, although mindful of my portion sizes, I eat a little (but not too much) more now that I started lifting.
  • TLwineguzzler
    TLwineguzzler Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Weekends!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,529 Member
    Options
    For most it's going to be: Lack of consistency and lack of commitment. Keep those 2 and one WILL reach goal.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • sadiebea25
    sadiebea25 Posts: 72
    Options
    Social activities. I have a hard time sticking to my goals when everyone else is eating and drinking. Poor willpower, I guess.
  • caramel1920
    caramel1920 Posts: 271
    Options
    Confession: Last night I had a fat girl moment! I binged on organic blue corn chips and roasted red pepper hummus!!!! It sounds funny to type it/say it out loud given where I've come from (foodwise) but still, I binged! That is what keeps me from reaching my goals! I self-sabotage. It's like the minute I'm making progress (I noticed I had slimmed down a bit yesterday) I do something to sabotage that progress. It's not even something I'm aware of until it's done and I'm sitting there, bloated and miserable wondering why in the hell I did that!! I don't know why I do that, because I certainly don't want to be stuck in this fat suit for the rest of my life, I just really need to figure it out so I can release the weight and get to the healthiest/best version of me I can be!!!!! Whew, thanks for letting me vent!!!!:smokin:
  • cherow123
    cherow123 Posts: 13
    Options
    Wine
  • mom2kpr
    mom2kpr Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Too much food and not enough movement. I'm losing, but MUCH slower then I would like. I'm still struggling with portion control - I still want to eat even if I'm not hungry. And even though I workout 5 days a week, when I'm not exercising, I'm very lazy. Like now, instead of cleaning (which really needs to get done), I'm playing on the computer.
  • TdaniT
    TdaniT Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I let my eating get bad again. Kept making excuses to why it was okay. Then I started slacking on exercising. I am trying very hard to get back at it now. I have gained some weight back and that is upsetting me so much. Luckily I have not had to get a bigger size clothes to wear. I am still in a size 8....for now.
  • TdaniT
    TdaniT Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I refuse to focus on negative aspects.

I chose to focus on what works. What works for me is simple: accurately count all my calories in, and stay within my calorie cap.

For me, I keep my calories set at maintenance and I just eat around 250 to 500 below that to lose. As long as I do that consistently, including weekends, then I hit my goals.

The reason I do it this way is that if I go over, I don't want that to be negative. I can eat up to maintenance and still not gain. So, it's ok with me.

That's how I succeed. And, I just try to generally be active.

That sounds like a very good approach. I may have to try that out if I can't get myself back into the swing of things. I feel horrible when I go over my calories.
  • mymodernbabylon
    mymodernbabylon Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    ribs
    and my scale -_- maybe i should just update my goal to be happier with how i look rather than a set #

I like that goal. I determined a number will never determine my worth or happiness. Being fit and doing good things, though, make me happy.
  • thatjosiegirl
    thatjosiegirl Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Wine, Weekends and the people in my life who constantly encourage me to snack on crappy foods with them (and my willpower to say "NO!")
  • gmcoulombe
    gmcoulombe Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Booze and Lifestyle!
    I can keep my willpower in check until I have a drink. Than everything is out the window and I don't care.
    I need to change my lifestyle to facilitate weight lose. Meaning putting eating and working out first on the priority list.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    Snacking, lack of ambition, being lazy, overeating?

all of the above.

I am 29 and have been working on "fixing" these for years. Obviously I haven't yet. I just like junk food. I don't have any excuses. I realize it's something I will always have to deal with, so I just try to workout regularly and eat healthily most of the time.
  • Teamdhb120
    Teamdhb120 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Wine. I exercise almost every day and eat right. I should be at my goal by now, but wine has me maintaining.