Seeking Fitness Pal Friends!

Options
MePlus20
MePlus20 Posts: 55 Member
I've been on this site a while, but most of my friends here aren't super active and don't comment or post a lot. I'd like to find people who are a bit more interactive with the daily posts. That is one thing I really find motivating is having that interaction.

My goals are to:
1. Get back to my old way of eating which is intuitive eating rather than a 'diet'. So eating only when hungry, and stopping when I'm not hungry any more instead of eating until I'm stuffed.
2. Dance as much as possible for my exercise. (Lindy hop/swing, folk, ballet...anything!)
3. Log my meals and exercise each day on this site.
4. Exercise 30 minutes six days a week.

A little about me - I live in Colorado and Wyoming and love to travel, especially internationally. Am studying French and learning web design. I'm 5ft tall. Enjoy dancing and swimming. Have been with my girlfriend for 4 years.

If you like this post and are active on this site, please feel free to friend me. I look forward to meeting some new people on here!

Replies

• michelle850
    michelle850 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    I've also been here awhile, I was able to get to my goal weight in 2012. But then I got lazy, quit logging and managed to gain it all back plus a few pounds. But now I'm back and would love to add some more active friends, as I seem to have understandably lost a few in my absence.
    I'm 43, live in Wisconsin with my husband and two kids. I too love to dance, it's one of my favorite ways to exercise! I would love to see that "magic number" on the scale again, but more importantly just want to tone up, everything seems to be sagging and falling as I get older. My main goals right now are to log, log, log, and exercise, no excuses!! I'm sending you a friend request, we can do this!!
  • ColdPlum
    ColdPlum Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    HI! I've been here for awhile and have been hesitant to make friends due to the quickly flaming comments in the threads! I'm hoping to make friends with people who are supportive, consistent, and open-minded. Feel free to send me a request if that sounds like you too!
  • michelle_816
    michelle_816 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Another Michelle from WI here :tongue:

I've been on MFP since March and log daily! I try to work out at least 4x a week. Some weeks are great and I exceed that, some I get busy or I slack or just need that rest! I have about 30 more to go to meet my first goal, and I'd love to be a friend to keep you motivated and encourage you. My only request is that you give it back :flowerforyou:

BTW, I love dancing, but I only do it in front of my children and/or at weddings or when I have had a few :blushing: :blushing: I am not coordinated at all and look like a complete fool when I do. But it makes me happy!
  • RunningOnWontons
    RunningOnWontons Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I'd be happy to add you! Very new here myself, but I do plan on logging consistently! PS I'm about the same height as you--I'm somewhere between 5 feet and 5' 1" on a GOOD day--and I find it tricky to eat right when most recommended portion sizes of things are intended for much larger people! Like you, I'm also trying very hard to get more active--my current goal is 5 days a week of moderate exercise.
  • fallingtrees
    fallingtrees Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I'm 49 yo, also only 60 inches tall. A couple years ago, I had been working out and seriously tracking my food, and was down to 132 lbs and looked fantastic. I was in the best shape I've ever been in. I could swim a couple miles, not very fast, but without stopping or getting fatigued. I could run short distances, alternating with walking. I could hit a moving racquetball some of the time. I even conquered a 5-star mountain hike, although it crippled me for three days afterward. I had pretty, defined arm and shoulder muscles, and even bought a bikini and wore it to the river once.

Then I met Dave. He wooed me with authentic fish & chips (he's Welsh) and homebrew English ale.

Getting to the gym got to be a hassle and an expense and I stopped swimming. I figured I could make up for it doing other things.

Getting to the point...

I put on 20 lbs. I've taken off five since Christmas, but got stuck. I am woefully out of shape. My hips and knees ache. I am afraid of developing diabetes like my grandma and uncle did. I have got to get with the program.

It is almost summer. There are beaches to run, trails to hike, rivers to canoe, a garden to tend. Plenty to do, just need to get off my butt.
  • serendipitys1003
    serendipitys1003 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hey ya'll! I am active and always looking for fun ladies to add to the mix. Feel free to add me :-)
  • fallingtrees
    fallingtrees Posts: 220 Member
    Options

I've been on MFP since March and log daily! I try to work out at least 4x a week. Some weeks are great and I exceed that, some I get busy or I slack or just need that rest! I have about 30 more to go to meet my first goal, and I'd love to be a friend to keep you motivated and encourage you. My only request is that you give it back :flowerforyou:

BTW, I love dancing, but I only do it in front of my children and/or at weddings or when I have had a few :blushing: :blushing: I am not coordinated at all and look like a complete fool when I do. But it makes me happy!

I took a ballroom dancing class a couple of years back. I was Held Back. I am banned from dancing in public until I pass the class.

My dance idol is Liz Lemon. "Dance like no one is watching." I would love to go out with my sisters and/or girlfriends and dance like no one is watching.

I dance at home, and my boyfriend's cattle dog barks and jumps and goes berserk. The theory is that he thinks I'm moving erratically and must be culled from the herd.
  • MePlus20
    MePlus20 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the responses, everyone! So happy to meet some other people who love to dance too!
  • michelle_816
    michelle_816 Posts: 621 Member
    Options

I took a ballroom dancing class a couple of years back. I was Held Back. I am banned from dancing in public until I pass the class.

My dance idol is Liz Lemon. "Dance like no one is watching." I would love to go out with my sisters and/or girlfriends and dance like no one is watching.

I dance at home, and my boyfriend's cattle dog barks and jumps and goes berserk. The theory is that he thinks I'm moving erratically and must be culled from the herd.

Oh my god, I am dying in laughter right now. With you, of course, not at you :laugh: :laugh:

I am sure any dance studio would see me tripping up the steps or over the entryway (seriously, I have a history of this), and turn me away before even letting me try so I feel your pain!

But you bet I'm going to dance like no one is watching :happy:
  • crzyNef
    crzyNef Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi! I just started my fitness pal and would love some friends on here. I need the encouragement!!! Lol After three pregnancies I decided to get back into shape this year. Add me please!! :)