Please share your FWB experiences

Options
124»

Replies

• michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    I'm talking from the border of FL/AL coming from Baton Rouge, getting to Naples. google maps tells me 9 hours from Pensacola to Naples, and tells me 4 hours and 57 minutes from Naples (and southeast Naples, not North Naples either) to Key West (which I already noted above from 15 years personal experience).

as far as taking the turnpike from the keys to tally - when you're on the west coast of FL (naples) that is uber out of the way.

ETA: meant to quote response from person right above ^^^
    From Pensacola, sure. But that still isn't 12 hours from the border to Naples ...

Pensacola is about 3.5 hours from Tally. However, if I were going to drive from Pensacola to Naples, I wouldn't go anywhere near Tally. You can cut that time by going along the coast. If you're coming from the border, though, you'd pick up 10 north of Pensacola and it would be faster.

Thirteen hours from the border to Key West makes sense, though.
    OP was wondering about fort walton beach (which is near Pensacola, much more so than Tally that's for certain), i was talking about driving from the border of AL/FL after moving back from Baton Rouge, and i'm not sure how Tallahassee got thrown into the mix to be honest. No, it's not 10 hours from Tallahassee to Naples, I don't think anyone was trying to claim that. Took me just shy of 7 hours to get from Tally to Naples.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I'm talking from the border of FL/AL coming from Baton Rouge, getting to Naples. google maps tells me 9 hours from Pensacola to Naples, and tells me 4 hours and 57 minutes from Naples (and southeast Naples, not North Naples either) to Key West (which I already noted above from 15 years personal experience).

as far as taking the turnpike from the keys to tally - when you're on the west coast of FL (naples) that is uber out of the way.

From Pensacola, sure. But that still isn't 12 hours from the border to Naples ...

Pensacola is about 3.5 hours from Tally. However, if I were going to drive from Pensacola to Naples, I wouldn't go anywhere near Tally. You can cut that time by going along the coast. If you're coming from the border, though, you'd pick up 10 north of Pensacola and it would be faster.

OP was wondering about fort walton beach (which is near Pensacola, much more so than Tally that's for certain), i was talking about driving from the border of AL/FL after moving back from Baton Rouge, and i'm not sure how Tallahassee got thrown into the mix to be honest. No, it's not 10 hours from Tallahassee to Naples, I don't think anyone was trying to claim that. Took me just shy of 7 hours to get from Tally to Naples.
    Where did the OP say he was driving from there? He asked about FWB then said he was open to other beach ideas. He never said where he was coming from ...

You simply stated that the drive "from the border" was 12 hours to Naples. It isn't.
  • Inkratlet
    Inkratlet Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    When I was in college I wasn't ready to commit so I hung out with a bunch of chicks and did stuff but because I said we were just friends I guess this counts.

someone forgot to read :-)

Someone read it just fine but decided to answer what they really wanted to know instead of the thinly veiled innuendo they set up to act like they were really talking about a place in florida. Other examples of such shenanigans "Do you suck it or bite it?" - A Tootsie pop; "Do you like it hard or soft" - Ice Cream

This guys got it right.

I'm guessing this deception is meant to be funny
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options

Where did the OP say he was driving from there? He asked about FWB then said he was open to other beach ideas. He never said where he was coming from ...

You simply stated that the drive "from the border" was 12 hours to Naples. It isn't.
    dude. it's not that serious. OP is not driving, he actually specifically stated he is not driving. I simply offered up a small anecdote from my life that reflecting on the panhandle brought to the surface.

and, OP was indeed asking about other family friendly beach ideas (which is how Naples came to mind), so how, again, did Tally get thrown into the mix?

ETA: actually it did take me 12 hours to get to Naples after I crossed into Florida. That was my personal experience. your experiences making that drive may be different, but that's why that little adjective personal is thrown in there.
  • samanthaxb
    samanthaxb Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    i was expecting something completely different from this thread. i am disappoint. :grumble:

So disappoint :angry:

:angry: yeah FWB means something MUCH MORE different to me... lmao
  • FitWithWit44
    FitWithWit44 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    i was expecting something completely different from this thread. i am disappoint. :grumble:

So disappoint :angry:

:angry: yeah FWB means something MUCH MORE different to me... lmao

My apologies. I didn't know there was a restaurant with these initials.

ls.jpg
  • Peter_Brady
    Peter_Brady Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    I've never been to that Beach.

As for the other FWB, usually ends with someone getting hurt
  • beautifulsparkles
    beautifulsparkles Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    What does FWB stand for?
  • Peter_Brady
    Peter_Brady Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    What does FWB stand for?

It appears the OP was being playful creating a thread about Fort Walton Beach by using the initials that are known by many to stand for Friends With Benefits
  • Markdjones83
    Markdjones83 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    13402642.gif
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    I've been there, but the woman I was with didn't like it. She wanted to go to Chapel Hill.
  • kevin3676
    kevin3676 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I had one in college. Worked out really well. Whenever we'd run into each other at parties...

Oh wait. Wrong FWB.

That's exactly where I went too. Ooops!

• pie_eyes
    pie_eyes Posts: 12,965 Member
    Options
    Lololol

Waffles
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    I've been there, but the woman I was with didn't like it. She wanted to go to Chapel Hill.

:D:D

yay!. .somebody got it. . I thought this one was gonna go to waste!
  • LittleHearseDriver
    LittleHearseDriver Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    Opps I thought this post was going to be about Friends With Benefits.... :lol: