Helpful to have "fitness pals" :)

Options
Greetings community!

Although I've had myfitnesspal app for over a year, I haven't been successful with my health goals. I have my healthiest days when I actually track everything and use the app. I have no doubt that if I continue then success is inevitable.

As I reflect about times in my life I was the healthiest lifestyle, it was growing up and in undergrad. It wasn't because I simply had a faster metabolism but I played team sports. Having that constant motivation of team to work out even when I didn't want to and to give it my all when doing supported me tremendously and to be consistent wasn't an option.

Now I'm 31, work practically 7 AM - 7 PM on most week days and don't have the benefit of playing competitive team sports. As I shared I'm not new to this website/app but I am new to posting. I hope to build a community that could support me in my goals and I am happy to offer encouragement and positivity to you as well.

Right now: 178 lbs and a healthy weight based on BMI would me would be 150 at the highess
Goal: 145
Short term goals to make that happen (what will make me feel successful this week):
1. Exercising 30 min. at least 5 times

If it's a great week I will also try but be compassionate with myself if I don't make short term gaols 2 & 3:
2. Stay within my calorie range set by myfitness pal
3. Drink 8 glasses of water / day\

Replies

• NCPhotoMom
    NCPhotoMom Posts: 12
    Options
    Hey there! Wow, we have almost the exact same goals we're working towards, that's awesome. I am just a couple lbs heavier starting out. I was highly successful a couple years ago and then "fell off the wagon" you could say and gained it back, plus some. MFP is definitely a great success if you stick to it. I am huge on motivating posts and encouragement, I think those both are very important! I'd love for us to be friends and help motivate each other through this weight loss journey! I just started MFP again, yesterday. I work M-F full time and also have a photography business I do on the side all while being a mom to a healthy, energetic, 7 year old. Like I said, it'd be great to be friends through this journey. Feel free to add me!
  • Spiritwarrior3000
    Spiritwarrior3000 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Hey awesome goals I hope you not only succeed but concur them. Also anyone is free to add me, I like supportive and talkative friends not people who just sit and do nothing lol I try my best to support my peeps the best I can, I like to dedicate some time to see how they're doing. :drinker: