ZUMBA!

Options
2»

Replies

• ehwilson30
    ehwilson30 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of Zumba until I saw your story, so I had to look it up! Wow! It look so fun! I'm going to have to try it! Keep up the great work!:smile:
  • oomalmal
    oomalmal Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I just got the 20min express workout dvd and also the 1 easy beat introduction. There are so many steps to learn. Since you do it already what do you think would be the best way to get started. It just seems like so much to learn??

I actually started off with the DVDs when I was bigger because I was uncomfortable at the thought of being in front of people. But I got bored eventually. I would just practice the easy beat dvd (a workout in itself) and then find yourself a live class ASAP. It's just too fun and different every time. I've hooked I don't know how many people from my work.
  • cts62
    cts62 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Great Job Zumba star!!
    to the person with the knee problem: I'm a Zumba junkie! I started doing it March '10 and go 4-6 times a week. I have a weak knee too that bothers me so I have made some adjustments. I wrap my knee with a stretchy, elastic brace and put another one over it that has a mesh in the knee part and velcro to hold it around the knee. I bought it at Target, Futuro brand. This keeps my knee from moving around much and I feel I can control it while I do the steps. I also don't do any jumping in one spot like a jumping jacks...a couple of jumps okay. Today, I went to the dr. and asked about it. She checked it (no signs of problems) and reminded me that my right leg is slightly shorter than the other one, so I have been putting extra pressure on the knee all these years...I'm 47 yrs old. Don't give up on Zumba if you like it..make adjustments. If this doesn't help, go see a doc.
  • lauz45
    lauz45 Posts: 243
    Options
    As soon as get a bike i'm going to try zumba, everyone seems to love it! (I can't get to the classes any other way!)
  • VenturaGurl
    VenturaGurl Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm. I've seen this listed in the community park class catalog. I think I'm going to have to give it a try!

You should feel very proud of that compliment! Awesome job!
  • Faridha
    Faridha Posts: 3
    Options
    Would you recomment the dvds?
  • RominaSullivan
    Options
    Zumba is the best!!! I go twice a week and love it! wish I could go to more classes but my schedule doesn't allow it for now :-(
    It's just so much fun and people leave in great mood! Whoever hasn't tried it and likes to dance (even if you aren't very good at it) should goooo!! :-D

And congrats on the compliment! I hope I get one someday, hehe. I'm loving this dancing thing.
  • purplespeckle
    Options
    That is awesome! And so is your weight loss accomplishments! I have not done zumba...looks like alot of fun but Im not sure my stamina is up to that point yet.

What website did you go to, to make your display pic?
  • purplespeckle
    Options
    I'd love to buy the Zumba Dvd's and then once I get the hang of it I'd like to join in the advanced local class.
  • Faridha
    Options
    Don't you just love to go workout. Zumba is the best! Zumba has been the only workout that I enjoy and have made it my ritual. Can't miss Zumba, just can't.

That is the same with me. I struggle with exercise, but not with Zumba. I absolutely looooovvvvvvvveeeeee my class and even doing the DVDs. I love it so much, I've made becoming an instructor a goal.
  • kyleefreeman
    kyleefreeman Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I just did the Zumba game for the PS3 Move system and WOW...FUN!!! I just borrowed it from a friend to see how I would like it and needless to say i'm going to buy it real soon! I wore my heart rate monitor while I did the "20 minute Zumba class" and burned 278 Calories!!!
  • RobertsMommy
    RobertsMommy Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba I just started with Dvds and I loved it I was having so much and sweating up the storm
    The only problem is I don't know what to log Zumba as in the excerise log! Does anyone know?
    Oh and congratulations cause that it quite a compliment!
  • bullriderswife08
    bullriderswife08 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to try ZUMBA!!! I am going to go to my first class on friday!!! If I love it I will buy the dvd set to do it myself at home!
  • bullriderswife08
    bullriderswife08 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    What website did you go to, to make your display pic?

I would love to make one of those pics as welL!!!!
  • sapphirelazuli
    Options
    Well done you! I love Zumba, but my class was basically cancelled all through December due to bad snow and ice. I really miss it! My instructor, Diane Inglis, really works you hard!
  • jessieleah
    jessieleah Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    That's awesome. :) I'm so excited to start Zumba. They have free classes at my college's gym, but I'm too self conscious to go there now, being completely terrible at dancing and completely out of shape at the moment. So I bought the DVDs and I'm waiting for them to arrive.. then maybe in a few weeks or so I'll get up the courage to go to the classes too haha!
  • sierra1117
    Options
    I am also a lover of ZUMBA! My sister actually got me into it. She started doing it at our local YMCA & is now a Zumba Instructor & a pretty amazing one at that! I love her class! I talk anyone & everyone into going with me. I have only been to one other instructors class & I liked it but my sisters is more Latin & Hip Hop dance which is more my style. She does a lot of her routines to everyday songs you hear when you turn on your radio! It is more like a dance party & not a workout. I burn a ton of calories. I am soaked with sweat by the end of the 1-2 hrs that I go several times a week. I have the DVD's as well but it just not as fun at home! When I am at home I try to get in at least 30 min of Tae-bo on the days I cant make Zumba. I burn about the same calories in 30 min of Tae-bo as I do in a hour of Zumba but it is no where near as fun! If you like to dance & have fun than ZUMBA IS THE CLASS FOR YOU!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!