Anybody in their 20s ?

Options

Replies

• bald_navy_wife
    bald_navy_wife Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'm 22 and will be 23 soon.feel free to add me :)
  • MegE_N
    MegE_N Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    28 here!
    I first lost weight when I was about your age - went from 220 down to 160 and pretty much stayed there until now (trying to whittle off a few more pounds for the marathon I'm training for).

Good luck!

Oh man do I want to be you. If I can hit 160 before my wedding next year I will be the happiest of campers.

26 here.
  • lemur933
    lemur933 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    22. Started at 230 and am down to about 197 (official weigh in tomorrow) with a goal weight of 150. :)
  • hannamarie88
    hannamarie88 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Hey, I just joined yesterday. Still learning. I'm 22. My goal is to lose some weight first, then to gain a little muscle (I'm a guy). One piece of advice: make tracking your diet and exercising your Habit. I'm even reading a book to lose weight and start exercising. It's called the power of habit. Once it's automatic, you don't need to worry about sticking to it.
    I am not the fan of the database here though. For example, I ate a salad today and could not find the exact match.

Accurate calorie counts lead to success. And unfortunately as time consuming as it is - if you want accuracy, you gotta calculate each of those salad ingredients. I've been using MFP - rather religiously (except for the winter, winter was bad) for almost a year. Success comes from accurate logs and I'm tired of it, but I keep doing it because it works.
  • klogetsfit_
    klogetsfit_ Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm 21 and wanting to lose weight to be healthy as well as tone my body. Request on the way!

and feel free to add me, all. More motivation and friends, the better :flowerforyou:
  • Itskaleena
    Itskaleena Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    21 . though I'm not trying to lose any weight.
  • Chickie25
    Chickie25 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    24, turning 25 later this year. Feel free to add : )
  • Marcieb21
    Marcieb21 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I'm 21 feel free to add me :D
  • tlr9ff
    tlr9ff Posts: 3
    Options
    Accurate calorie counts lead to success. And unfortunately as time consuming as it is - if you want accuracy, you gotta calculate each of those salad ingredients. I've been using MFP - rather religiously (except for the winter, winter was bad) for almost a year. Success comes from accurate logs and I'm tired of it, but I keep doing it because it works.

Yes, I'm thinking about buying a food scale now. For more accurate info.
  • kittykat1994
    kittykat1994 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I am 20 and adding you! :)
  • jordanpat1
    jordanpat1 Posts: 2
    Options
    27 and new to this community as well.
  • Kimchiphilii
    Kimchiphilii Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 21 and just started this yesterday. I've always had issues sticking to eating healthier and exercising, mostly because of how my family eats. I'd love to have some people to talk to during the process! Feel free to add me :D
  • jon1858
    jon1858 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm in my twenties for a few more months ;)

Feel free to add me. Trying to drop a few pounds myself.

Good luck with your efforts :)
  • nixxthirteen
    nixxthirteen Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    24 next week :).

For everyone wondering, I really really really recommend a food scale. It's a necessity for accurate logging. ESPECIALLY peanut butter hah, learned that one the hard way.

Yes it seems tedious, but soon it's just second nature to quickly weigh something before adding it to your meal. It gets even easier if you prepare and log in advance.
  • shiec92
    shiec92 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    21 here :)

Anybody feel free to add me.
  • vmj748
    vmj748 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm 24 and have been on MFP for a while but have recently started actively participating on here :) Looking to shed some weight and lift heavy! Feel free to add me :) I love how supportive and motivating everyone is on here!
  • cniemann26
    cniemann26 Posts: 49
    Options
    I'm Courtney, 22. I've been more active on here now for a couple of weeks and am trying to get fit, healthy, and lose weight. Feel free to add me!
  • MandyH1991
    MandyH1991 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    No.

there is no one here in their 20's. And, if they say they are, they are lying.

I'm 22
  • strengthandhonour4eva
    strengthandhonour4eva Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    28 here, add me :)
  • kuntry_navySD
    kuntry_navySD Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    28, you're welcome to add me for support :)