Log fruits and vegetables

Options

Replies

• jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    I just looked at my fruits and vegetables for today. I haven't logged dinner yet and I've already eaten 495 calories of fruits and vegetables. Not logging them would blow my deficit.

I don't pay attention to sugar, since mfp treats sugars that naturally occur in foods and added sugar exactly the same. If there was a count that was just added sugars then I'd pay attention to it.
    Why?
  • tibby531
    tibby531 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I do about 800 grams of fruits and veggies a day. and I log every single one of those grams. proudly. *flexes* ;)
  • Running_Spirit
    Options
    I log everything that goes into my stomach.
  • purplemurfy
    purplemurfy Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    WW also has you on lower calories.....part of the reason you don't have to count points for fruits and veggies. They also make a point to tell you not to go overboard on them.

On MFP you count calories/macros. Log em!
  • amongstthewildflowers
    amongstthewildflowers Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    My diet is very high in fruit and veggies so I log it all.
  • rak173
    rak173 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Log everything. I see it as if I am constantly going over by 100 cals/day it adds up. Sometimes I am not as accurate with weighing fruits and veggies (I get lazy...) but definitely log.
  • JenD1066
    JenD1066 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Personally, I log everything.
  • zeal26
    zeal26 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    They have calories, I'm not sure why I wouldn't count them.

My fruit and veg from today so far counts for 269 calories, 393 if I add in the vegetable soup I had for lunch. If I didn't count them I could end up eating my entire deficit in fruit and veg and I'd get nowhere.
  • SGibz
    SGibz Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Vegetables will help you hit your macros (proteins, carbs, fats). I would suggest spending some time on what macros work best for you and try to hit those numbers day in and day out. For example, my protein is sat at 40%, Carb 35%, Fat 25%.

Hope that helps...
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    OF COURSE!!!!!!
  • gmthisfeller
    gmthisfeller Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Log everything you put in your mouth, fruit, veggies, the works.
  • cuinboston2014
    cuinboston2014 Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    I definitely weigh and log every bite of fruit and most vegetables. I don't measure lettuce as the calories are miniscule. I also sometimes estimate when it comes to low calorie vegetables. For example, last night I had green beans - I didn't weigh them but I had about 20 of them. If I was off by a few, a few calories won't kill me.

Fruit definitely. I once had a 200+ calorie pear :(
  • AdventureFreak
    AdventureFreak Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Fruits are much more calorie/sugar dense in general than vegetables. This is especially true with dark green vegetables like Kale. That said, I try to cut my fruit out all together thus no logging needed and I am strict with my vegetable logging but the content can be minimal relative to the effort to eat a 500 calorie salad with nothing but dark green vegetables included.
  • jodyblanchard
    jodyblanchard Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, just want to get your opinions on the subject. Do you log fruits and vegetables for your daily nutrition? I only ask because they jack up my sugar/carb count typically (depending on what I'm eating) and I also know that Weight Watchers says that fruit and veggies are no points and you can eat as many as you want. Same rules apply?

I have been on WW before and I know what you're referring to, but I log EVERYTHING here. I also set my carbs, sugar, protein and fats the way I want it. I pay less attention to the calories. Good luck.
  • lolalament
    lolalament Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Horses can get fat on grass
  • lavendy17
    lavendy17 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Log them!
    Even veggies add up quick.

On WW you don't count them but you can't eat as much as you want. You need to stick to 5-9 servings a day of both together (not each), and never eat beyond satiation.
  • jonrenly
    jonrenly Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Horses can get fat on grass

This made me laugh. good point!
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Since this isn't Weight Watchers and vegetables and fruits have calories, macros, and micros, of course they should be logged.

^this

(Side note holy crap your legs :love: )

• BlazeJay83
    BlazeJay83 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I don't see any point in keeping a log if you're not going to include everything.
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, just want to get your opinions on the subject. Do you log fruits and vegetables for your daily nutrition? I only ask because they jack up my sugar/carb count typically (depending on what I'm eating) and I also know that Weight Watchers says that fruit and veggies are no points and you can eat as many as you want. Same rules apply?

This is MFP not WW. You eat it, you log it, otherwise what is the point of being here?