Cookie Dough Baked Oatmeal with pics!!!

Options

Replies

• mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    Will definitely try these cookies!

I've been making something similar for the last few months, Banana Oatmeal Bars. I typically make a batch once every week or two.

3 small ripe bananas
    1/3 cup applesauce
    2 cups uncooked oats
    1/2 cup milk, whatever kind you use (I use nonfat cows milk)
    1/4 cup raisins
    1/8 cup brown sugar or honey (optional)
    1 tsp. vanilla
    1 tsp. cinnamon

Mash the bananas and mix in the rest of the ingredients. Bake at 400 degrees in an 8 x 8 pan for 20 minutes. Let cool, then cut into 12 bars. Wrap each bar and store in the fridge. I like to eat them while they are cold.

These are great as is, or you can other stuff to them as you like. I've been adding 1/2 cup chopped walnuts and a little dark chocolate to my batches. Other add-on ideas...pecans, chocoate or carob chips, ground flax seed, pumpkin/pepita seeds, other kinds of dried fruit (cherry, dates, prunes, cranberries, etc.), coconut, etc.
  • ElvenToad
    ElvenToad Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Could I use honey in replacement of stevia as a sweetener and it still be relatively "healthy"?

(sorry if this question was asked before, haven't the time to read through all the pages)

Absolutely! 2 Tbsp of honey would probably be plenty and yes it will still be healthy :)
  • ElvenToad
    Options
    Will definitely try these cookies!

I've been making something similar for the last few months, Banana Oatmeal Bars. I typically make a batch once every week or two.

3 small ripe bananas
    1/3 cup applesauce
    2 cups uncooked oats
    1/2 cup milk, whatever kind you use (I use nonfat cows milk)
    1/4 cup raisins
    1/8 cup brown sugar or honey (optional)
    1 tsp. vanilla
    1 tsp. cinnamon

Mash the bananas and mix in the rest of the ingredients. Bake at 400 degrees in an 8 x 8 pan for 20 minutes. Let cool, then cut into 12 bars. Wrap each bar and store in the fridge. I like to eat them while they are cold.

These are great as is, or you can other stuff to them as you like. I've been adding 1/2 cup chopped walnuts and a little dark chocolate to my batches. Other add-on ideas...pecans, chocoate or carob chips, ground flax seed, pumpkin/pepita seeds, other kinds of dried fruit (cherry, dates, prunes, cranberries, etc.), coconut, etc.

Sounds pretty close! The possibilities are endless, love baked oatmeal!
  • fowlerly
    fowlerly Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Forty6and2
    Forty6and2 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    I have all of the ingredients and I'll probably be making these in the near future. Thanks, OP :flowerforyou:
  • lwhite0503
    lwhite0503 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Yum!
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    I found something amazing and I have to share with the wonderful mfp community! Cookie Dough Baked Oatmeal. It is healthy, yummy, and best of all you can add in whatever you want to make it even more awesome :) Here is the recipe..

1 cup rolled oats (100g)
    1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
    3 tbsp stevia or sweetener of choice
    1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce (120g)
    1/2 cup almond milk
    1/8 tsp salt
    2 tbsp dark chocolate chips (save a few for the top, too!)
    4 tbsp PB2, OR 2 tbsp peanut butter, or almond butter. (I used PB2)
    Optional: 1/4 to 1/2 tsp cinnamon (If you like cinnamon in chocolate chip cookies)

Preheat oven to 380 degrees. Combine dry ingredients, then mix in wet.
    ioev50.jpg

Pour into a small baking pan, or loaf pan.
    33k7o92.jpg

Cook for 20 minutes, or more until it’s firm. Finally, set your oven to “high broil” for 3-5 more minutes (or simply just bake longer, but broiling gives it a nice crust). Don’t forget to spray your pan first so it comes out nice and easy.

2qut91t.jpg

This makes 4 servings, I cut mine into 4 bars. It tastes like your eating something bad.. like a cookie dough candy bar! I LOVE it :)
    5y6c7.jpg
    2quiyv5.jpg

Per bar 157 cals, 26 carbs, 5 fat, 5 protein, 87 sodium, 4 fiber. NOM!!!!
    i could potentially possibly maybe try this. i don't cook much, but cookie dough and oatmeal is kind of my language.
  • melindafritz1976
    melindafritz1976 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    look great id try them
  • iPlatano
    iPlatano Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    BUMP!
  • ahendz
    ahendz Posts: 16
    Options
    definitely want to try this!
  • aablacknell
    aablacknell Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Wow that sounds so GOOD...I will exchange the chocolate chips for something else. Will try this weekend.
  • InevitableButterfly
    InevitableButterfly Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Quadrupled the recipe as we're having guests tomorrow. In the oven now. Thanks for sharing.
  • ToolRat
    ToolRat Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ElvenToad
    Options
    Quadrupled the recipe as we're having guests tomorrow. In the oven now. Thanks for sharing.

Great idea! Did you cook them in multiple pans? How did you like them?
  • IAmJustina
    IAmJustina Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • InevitableButterfly
    InevitableButterfly Posts: 340 Member
    Options

Great idea! Did you cook them in multiple pans? How did you like them?

I spread the mix evenly over a parchment paper lined baking sheet. I cut it into 24 2-inch squares and they are brilliant. ^_^
  • willywonka
    willywonka Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    bump bump
  • ethompso0105
    ethompso0105 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • SheFitWalks
    SheFitWalks Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Looks awesome! I'm going to try it. I've been wanting to make snack bars, but didn't really know how. Yay! :)
  • iceyelf
    iceyelf Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    sounds yum yum .