Click here :)

Options
Hey guys :)
I was really into MFP about a year ago. I was on the 'keto' low carb diet...and lost about 25-30 lbs.
Well it got harder and harder. And finally I fell off the wagon.
(Not to mention I didn't really feel all that well doing the no carb. Soo i'm not going to do that anymore)
For the ladies: I also suffer from PCOS (newly diagnosed, still learning how it affects me weight wise)
So...i'm starting over! Just trying to watch what I eat, and exercise regularly...to feel better!

In short, I don't know anyone on my friends list anymore and I am in need of some friends!
And I mean actual friends! People who like to talk, discuss healthy things, and be supportive...because that's the kind of person I am. :) MFP is a great community...and it has definitely been my loss since ive been gone over the past year.

Replies

• waynewillis212
    Options
    Hey Cassie, Great to see you back on the wagon :) i'll be sure to send you an add. I am new to the site as well but am finding a lot of help and support from the great community which I am giving back as much as I can.

On another note my girlfriend also suffers from PCOS so I can understand what it can do to a woman and how hard it is for them, but the best thing is to keep active watch what you eat and work towards a healthier future :D
  • cassiek0lba
    cassiek0lba Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hey! Thanks so much! I really look forward to talking with you!
  • SuzanneEpsteinLang
    SuzanneEpsteinLang Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have battled with my weight since I was 9 (almost 30 years). I have had several "lean" years among those (for me --I will never be a size two but I was a size six and eight). I had luck following low fat in the mid 90's, but gained it back in spades by the late 90's. I even had the pain of losing serious college relationship to the weight gain. Circa 2000, I was traveling to far off places and basically a starving graduate student which worked to get me slim again. Then came marriage and babies and back came the weight. 7 years ago, after our last child was born, I had great luck with WW and kicked the fat for what I thought was "for good." 5 whole years passed and I stayed smaller--I would gain a little here and there but would fight back and it actually worked! Somehow I stopped fighting back one day and the weight started winning. In the last year I have put on 30 pounds, which is enough to take my 5'2" frame from fairly slim to quite heavy. I have been working pretty hard for 7 weeks with a trainer and using this MFP, but the weight won't budge--having barely lost any weight I want to throw in the towel. I thought maybe meeting a friend would help kick-start me or at least stop me from giving up.
  • KrisMariex
    KrisMariex Posts: 17
    Options
    I'm starting over (at least trying to). I also have PCOS (hate it, lol). I'll send you a friend request! Would love to help out! :smile:
  • cassiek0lba
    Options
    It's unbelievable how much struggle comes with weight loss/gain.
    Don't give up! Ever. Body's are resilient to change sometimes. It may sound cheesy...but when I find myself working as hard as I can and not seeing any change...I just think to myself that whether or not I see change, every day I am growing stronger and healthier than I ever was when I wasn't trying. And that is even more important than any noticeable difference. Someone told me that weight loss was just a bonus to changing your life style and becoming healthy...and that made me think a lot differently about my whole weight loss journey.
    So even though those 30 lbs are doing everything they can to slow you down... just remember that you are becoming stronger every day, and eventually that weight will give up and come off.

I'd love to talk to you more!
  • ChristinaD88
    Options
    Hey CASSIE!!! I need to get back on track also!!! Took me 1.5- 2 years to loose 46 pounds and only 6 months to put 24 back on! =(
    So looking back over my previous entries ... Thought that my weight REGAIN was going to have been from what I was eating, but it seems to be mainly the workouts that have changed! CRAZINESS! I was working out sooo much & I still am, but June last year I cut down on my cardio and that is when the weight started coming back on, looking back at food/exercise journals looks like the food was still mostly on point / about the same, as before... but I started a new workout plan....SO DEPRESSING, But Im sooo glad to have this to go back & look!!! =) SO I AM GOING BACK TO WHAT WORKED! Eating light (same as before) and start RUNNING MY BUTT OFF again, like I did before, but still doing my weights and circuit training workouts.... You have to find what works for your body! For me, I have never been good with cutting out one food group ... sure low carb will get the weight off but it seems to come back on so quickly! I listened to many people telling me that was working out too hard and eating to little and started to try getting back on a "normal" persons plan, but SADLY my body is not like that =( at least not at my current weight / body composition.. I hope that changes with time... For years I have eaten healthy than pretty much anyone I know and work out ALLLL the time... STILL I had gotten up to 199!!! Ive lost and gained weight sooo many times and I am STILL working to find out what is best for MY body! I discovered I was "insulin resistant" got on meds and started loosing weight - with my EXTREME efforts -that were the same as before meds with no weight loss - I had gotten down to 153-156 (fluctuating) and now I am BACK up to 180 =( My doctor says that I have gotten RID of the insulin resistance, but Im putting weight back on!! So that crazy! However, Im trying to tell myself that at least I am healther than when I had that condition! It seems that for, those of us who have LOST AND GAINED LOST AND GAINED for sooo many years, it gets harder to loose each time! I know this is partly bc every time the cycle happens u loose muscle and put back on more fat... But Im SOO ready to be out of that cycle!!!
    Im trying to get back focused and "Get my mind right" would LOVE a buddy! We can encourage each other!!!
  • cassiek0lba
    Options
    Oh wow! Well awesome job on your successes! And even though gains aren't a positive thing, it brought you back here, which is awesome!!
    46 lbs is a huge deal! Great job.
    I absolutely know how it is with the losing and the gaining and ect.
    We defintley can help each other stay on track!

And if you dont mind I'd love to know the weight circuit you're doing. (I'm trying to start a routine for myself but don't even know where to start!)