Biggest Loser

Options
13»

Replies

• Time2getFit4Life
    Time2getFit4Life Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I haven't watched it in a while but I watched the premiere last night. Two new trainers is an interesting twist. We'll see how the season turns out. I feel bad for the big guy on the blue team. Over 600 pounds? YIKES!

I did not know they had someone on this season who weighed 600. That is the highest yet. Who are his trainers? I hope it is Jillian and Bob since I doubt the other ones have really worked with anyone that size.

He didn't weigh 600 lbs he was at 509 or 507 and already in the 400's now. He did however weigh 600 and something odd lbs before the show and lost a 100 an something lbs on his own.
  • bjerkins
    bjerkins Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Love the show. I wish everyone could stay for 3-4 weeks before they start sending people home. They all deserve their time on the ranch.
  • yalisa0424
    yalisa0424 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I have been watching it since season 1 and my fiancee and I never miss an episode. I love the trainer tips and getting new ideas of what to do in the gym. Actually, one of the girls I went to high school with, Laura (Tara's teammate) was one the show. I can't wait to see what the rest of this season has in store with these new "unknowns" and 4 weeks of immunity.
  • undercover
    undercover Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I watched it tonight while doing the Free step on Wii Fit :) Have never watched a whole season but I'll try this time. It is really inspirational. I wish they could all stay as long as possible. I totally understand the ones who chose to go with the unknown team, and I knew Bob and Jillian would think the people who deliberatly chose them made a mistake. Four weeks of guaranteed time there, that is such a great opportunity!

They all have really compelling stories. The twins, the green girl with the miscarriages.. the aqua girl seems so determined!
  • GmoneyDay
    Options
    Love it - just have trouble with all the crying! Must be good for the ratings or something...Must be recorded ahead of time - the commericals are very annoying ;-)
  • Time2getFit4Life
    Time2getFit4Life Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Love it - just have trouble with all the crying! Must be good for the ratings or something...Must be recorded ahead of time - the commericals are very annoying ;-)

You sound like my hubby talking about the crying lol!!! He be like shut up already. I keep telling him this is a very emotional experience for them some of them haven't lost weight in there adult life or they have such touching stories I even get teary eyed I guess I'm emotional also lol!!
  • aveen_ly
    Options
    I wish I could be on the show, I need someone to scream at me to not stop on a treadmil. I noticed I stop exercising cause I am bored! I completed a half marathon not long ago and that really proved how long I could run for when I am under pressure!

They should do a UK version I would certainly sign up! :)
  • AngChambers06
    AngChambers06 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    if you have a wii you should get the game! it's awesome!!
  • ariesldsgal
    ariesldsgal Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    The Biggest Loser is my favorite show on TV. It is a "reality" show, but it is a feel-good show that builds people up instead of tearing them down. I love to see the transformations over the weeks. I do have a couple complaints though, 1. hate watching people "play the game" and vote out others that still need to be on and 2. wish it were on a few nights a week instead of one. :wink:
  • ariesldsgal
    ariesldsgal Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    The big guy people are talking about started out at 637 like one year ago. When he joined The Biggest Loser, he was at 507 (I believe that is what it said). After week one he lost 20 pounds, so he is now in the high 400s. He is very large however because he is only 5'7".
  • AngChambers06
    AngChambers06 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    The Biggest Loser is my favorite show on TV. It is a "reality" show, but it is a feel-good show that builds people up instead of tearing them down. I love to see the transformations over the weeks. I do have a couple complaints though, 1. hate watching people "play the game" and vote out others that still need to be on and 2. wish it were on a few nights a week instead of one. :wink:

I agree I think everyone should stay until the end and the winner should be male and female... possibly most bf% loss or weight loss something to base on it so that the others can stick it out and keep losing too
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,350 Member
    Options

You sound like my hubby talking about the crying lol!!! He be like shut up already. I keep telling him this is a very emotional experience for them some of them haven't lost weight in there adult life or they have such touching stories I even get teary eyed I guess I'm emotional also lol!!

LOL! My old boss use to say the same thing about the crying. Especially the men crying. He eventually stopped watching the show. But I feel it was too painful for him since he weighs over 300 himself and I feel it hit home on too many levels and he probably wanted to cry himself but did not want to do so in front of his wife who is normal weight. Yep it does hit home for anyone obese and it touches the hearts of those who are not too. I still have not watched it yet but I see this thread and others are popping on the BL!

I agree to so many post but no time to address them all! lol!