adding. Mio to my water

Options
If I add Mio to my water, does it count towards my daily watet consumption?

Replies

• CarolinkaCjj
    CarolinkaCjj Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Some folks would say no but I add koolaid drops to my water and count it as water.
  • ezloshead
    ezloshead Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I guess, since it's mostly water, but that stuff gives me candy cravings all day. I can't drink sweets without wanting to eat them too. I just do water and almond milk now.
  • debr1126
    debr1126 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Yes, in my opinion it does. It may be *slightly* less advantageous for you than unadulterated water, but a little bit of flavoring isn't going to make your water polluted.

If it did, water you drink when there's a scrap of food left in your stomach wouldn't count either.
  • stephanieluvspb
    stephanieluvspb Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    I can't imagine why it would not count.......but...........let the "sugar is bad" begin
  • Chickie25
    Chickie25 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I use Mio a couple of times a day as a slight flavouring and count it towards water intake.
  • TheStephil
    TheStephil Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    I would count it towards your water. I count tea towards my water and drinks that I make with Mio or other similar brands. I tend to drink more plain water though because to me nothing beats nice ice cold water.
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    Water is water :)
  • One_Last_Time
    One_Last_Time Posts: 125
    Options
    Yes. Your suppose to get 8-12 cups of LIQUID. It doesn't have to be water, it's just better for you if it is. No sugar, caffeine, chemicals.
  • DavePFJ
    DavePFJ Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I put Mio in my vodka and it doesn't get me drunk, so Mio probably changes the chemical structure of your water as well.
  • ashleyisgreat
    ashleyisgreat Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Fluids are fluids. They all hydrate you, including the fluids in our food.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/eight-glasses-water-per-day/
  • ezloshead
    Options
    I put Mio in my vodka and it doesn't get me drunk, so Mio probably changes the chemical structure of your water as well.

I really want to test this out myself now.....
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Some folks would say no but I add koolaid drops to my water and count it as water.

Some folks just like saying no. Yes OP, water is water and does not stop being water just because water is now purple or pink or orange.
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options

Only works with top shelf. Make sure you get Grey Goose then just spray a whole bottle of Mio into it. Then go microwave your cell phone to charge it.
  • dlopez907
    dlopez907 Posts: 27
    Options
    Nice!!! I gotta try that..
  • ashleyisgreat
    ashleyisgreat Posts: 586 Member
    Options

Only works with top shelf. Make sure you get Grey Goose then just spray a whole bottle of Mio into it. Then go microwave your cell phone to charge it.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • sdlunsford
    sdlunsford Posts: 4
    Options
    I use it as an incentive. I'll drink 2 36oz bottles of water and then I get a Mio or kool-aid treat in the third. :) Totally counts.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    Sugar is so darned bad!

Just kidding. :bigsmile:

I think it does count as water consumption, but I would also add the calories in if Mio (whatever that is) has any calories.

ETA: just went and checked it out. No calories or sugar. Whew! We're safe. :laugh:
  • rm33064
    rm33064 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Everything counts except alcohol and coffee because they have a strong diuretic effect. Tea, juice, gatorade, powerade, vitamin water, Perrier, yoo hoo, soda, milk, soy milk, rice milk, almond milk, kool aid, crystal light, mio, chicken stock, olive juice, beef broth, it's all mostly water. The water content of the foods you eat count too. Your body need X amount of water each day. It doesn't discriminate by beverage, it takes what it needs from what you ingest.
  • uconnwinsnc
    uconnwinsnc Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Only real downside to that stuff is the food coloring. I tend to avoid it as much as I can. But of course it counts as water.
  • ezloshead
    Options

I thought that just made a demon come out of the mic.