Running Shoes

Options
Hey Pals,

I am looking for a good pair of running shoes my budget is around 50-100 dollars. I notice that with most shoes no matter how long the socks I wear I seem to get blisters in the back of my ankles. I also noticed that the outside of my foot hurts after running, I am assuming I am putting most of my weight on the outside of my feet.

Any suggestions?

Replies

• kendraj07
    kendraj07 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My favorite is the Saucony Kinvara. You can go online to running warehouse.com. They have a wide variety to choose from.
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    You'll need to go to a running store and get fitted. I can spend $500 on a pair of shoes, but if they aren't the right ones for my feet, they aren't going to do me any good.
  • Samoora92
    Samoora92 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Im sure I have a running store around me, but how would i know if they do fittings?
  • mebepiglet123
    mebepiglet123 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I know in my country. Most sports shop do fittings, not big chain stores, more smaller stores that just sell shoes and maybe a few other things. I know some people get fitted then go online and buy cheaper. I usually get one pair from shop, then troll for next pair online different colour, sometimes when I want to change I go back and get fitted again, I usually pay around $200nzd from store.
    It fitted to your foot and running style you should never get blisters or pain, if you do you can get your money back within 7 days or something like that, I have never had to take a pair back yet.
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    Im sure I have a running store around me, but how would i know if they do fittings?

Just call them and tell them you'd like to get fitted, and ask them if you need an appointment or if you can just walk in. If they stumble around or don't know what you mean, look elsewhere. A good running store will know exactly what you mean. They should watch you walk/run, probably on a treadmill, and will be able to recommend shoes for how you move.
  • RedRider230
    RedRider230 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    The shoe itself might be causing you to put more weight on the outside of your foot. Either because it's the wrong support for your feet, or they are really broken down and throwing your gait off. It's not normal for that part of your foot to hurt. Definitely go to a running store and have them recommend shoes for you. Socks too, if you're wearing cotton socks, throw them away! Get anything but cotton! It just absorbs water vs. wicking it and when it becomes wet it becomes abrasive to your skin (blisters). My favorite socks are Smartwool, worth every penny and mine last years!

Good luck!
  • Samoora92
    Samoora92 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! Just found one literally 5 mins away from my house!
  • sillywabbit22
    Options
    I did the same thing asking for advice, spent a lot of money on the shoe that was highly recommended, and it was completely the wrong shoe for my foot. My best advice is to get fitted! For my feet, which over pronates because I am extremely flat footed, is Mizuno! Good luck!
  • _Pseudonymous_
    _Pseudonymous_ Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    I would try going in for a fitting. Go to an actual running store if you can. There is actually a store here that records your run on a treadmill with cameras along with figuring where you put the most pressure and yadda yadda yadda.

IF that doesn't work there are a few online quizzes that will help you narrow down the type of shoe you need. I personally have bought 3 pairs of Asics and have never had any issues. Never a blister and never an issue. Definitely read the reviews though to help you figure out the exact pair of Asics (or any brand you choose) that works best for you. Such as if they run small, run big, are narrow, or lack the support your looking for.

Also, Brooks are pretty good shoes. I haven't owned any but the men in my family all wear and swear by them as well as asics.

Best of luck in your shoe endeavours. Also, try zappos.com because you can try it on and send it back if youdon't like the fit and they usually have sales.
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    Been running 60 - 80mi per wk in Asics for 6 years now. Love em!
  • AHack3
    AHack3 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I don't know if you have Fleet Feet Sports store near where you live, but they do fittings to properly fit you for a good running shoe. Explain to them the problem you are having. I had been fitted with Asics and I love them!
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Hey Pals,

I am looking for a good pair of running shoes my budget is around 50-100 dollars. I notice that with most shoes no matter how long the socks I wear I seem to get blisters in the back of my ankles. I also noticed that the outside of my foot hurts after running, I am assuming I am putting most of my weight on the outside of my feet.

Any suggestions?
    Yes, go to a specialty running store such as Fleet Feet or Heart and Soul and get fitted for shoes. It free and a real asset to finding the right shoes. Also, tell them them you budget so they point you in the right direction in their store.