NEED Quick, easy recipes with few ingredients!

Options
Hi!

I'm looking for recipes that are QUICK, EASY, and have FEW ingredients (like, 5 or less). Preferably ingredients that if I have to buy them, they can be used in many different things. I am a busy person and probably won't make anything if it takes more than 30 minutes from prep to plate. I need servings for one or two people. Also, I love chicken, but I HATE soup. :) The slow cooker is also a possibility.

Any ideas? Thanks! I got tired of searching through the forum and thought I'd just put up my own post.

Replies

• nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    Interested in the responses you get...

I love soup so I have a few of those recipes. Outside of that I'd love some new ones to try.
  • lisamt83
    lisamt83 Posts: 119
    Options
    Same here!!
  • jesshamonko
    Options
    I'd love to see them as well!
  • Kminor67
    Kminor67 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    One of my go-to recipes is stir fry. I don't know how many people you are feeding, but I make mine for one. First, whenever I buy organic brown rice, I cook the whole package, and then separate it out into 1-cup portions and freeze them. That way I'm not waiting 45 minutes on my rice to cook.

I thaw a 4 oz piece of chicken and cook it in a skillet with no oil. Then I slice the chicken, p-lace it back in the skillet, and add a bag of Westpac Stir fry blends. They come in several different kinds. While this is cooking, I put one of my frozen rice portions into the microwave.

After the veggies are cooked, serve the mixture over the rice and add a tablespoon of low sodium soy sauce, or add some Mrs Dash. The entire meal has about 530 calories, and it's very satisfying. PLUS you get in 5 servings of veggies!
  • wendiwen123
    wendiwen123 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite things to eat is breakfast (any time of the day). Eggs or egg whites and diced vegetables all scrambled up together is super easy and yummy! We also use the George Forman grill for chicken all the time and try various sauces. I then add some brown rice and a vegetable.
    Good luck in your search!
  • chronosfire
    Options
    I am all about Fibre One Chicken. I have a container of pre-made coating, which is basically Fibre One Cereal blended into a crust coating with spices and herbs added in. All you need to do is have some chicken on hand, coat it in either egg whites or a low cal BBQ sauce or salad dressing, dunk it in the Fibre One and bake.

Makes it tasty and easy. I usually just serve it with frozen veggies and Quinoa during the week and it takes no time at all!
  • sssrip
    sssrip Posts: 72
    Options
    Best place to find recipes that run the spectrum from very easy to complex is allrecipes.com. If you can't find something there then you should not be in the kitchen.
  • neelia
    neelia Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    One of my go-to recipes is stir fry. I don't know how many people you are feeding, but I make mine for one. First, whenever I buy organic brown rice, I cook the whole package, and then separate it out into 1-cup portions and freeze them. That way I'm not waiting 45 minutes on my rice to cook.

I thaw a 4 oz piece of chicken and cook it in a skillet with no oil. Then I slice the chicken, p-lace it back in the skillet, and add a bag of Westpac Stir fry blends. They come in several different kinds. While this is cooking, I put one of my frozen rice portions into the microwave.

After the veggies are cooked, serve the mixture over the rice and add a tablespoon of low sodium soy sauce, or add some Mrs Dash. The entire meal has about 530 calories, and it's very satisfying. PLUS you get in 5 servings of veggies!

I do a recipe similar to this:

It uses
    2 cups Great Value Instant White Rice (or brown rice)
    1 package frozen Great Value Deluxe Stir Fry mixed vegetables
    1 package sliced chicken breast (the frozen kind)
    5 tbsp soy sauce

To make:

Heat chicken in pan, and once cooked add in veggie package. Continue cooking until well heated.
    In the meantime, place 2 cups of rice and 2 cups of water in microwavable bowl and microwave on high 5 minutes.
    When done, add in 5 tbsp soy sauce to meat/veggie mixture.

Spoon one cup of rice on to place with 1 cup of meat/veggies. Total serving is around 350 cals.

=)
  • mirahonthawall
    mirahonthawall Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    there's a show on the food network called 5 ingredient fix, the host is kinda annoying but her recipes sound delicious....can't guarantee the healthiness of some though.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/5-ingredient-fix/index.html
  • asltiffm
    asltiffm Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    This is my favorite way to have chicken. I usually get a bag of broccoli coleslaw mix (no sauce) and stir fry that to go with it.

Apircot and Balsamic Glazed Chicken

4 chicken breasts (bone in, trimmed, skin removed or boneless, skinless whatever your choice)
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    1/8 teaspoon pepper
    1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves, divided
    1/4 cup apricot jam
    2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 400°F Line a baking sheet with foil and lightly oil or coat it with nonstick spray.

2. Season chicken on both sides with salt and pepper, then rub with 1/2 teaspoon thyme. Place bone-side up in a single layer on prepared baking sheet. Roast for 15 minutes for boneless or with bone in, 20 minutes.

3. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat jam or jelly, vinegar and remaining 1/2 teaspoon thyme over medium-low heat until glaze is melted. Season with salt and pepper and remove from heat.

4. Turn chicken meat-side up. Brush liberally with jam glaze. Continue to roast, brushing twice with remaining glaze, until the chicken is cooked through, about 15 minutes more, (20 minutes for bone in).

5. Serve with some brown (or white rice).
  • neelia
    neelia Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Also, here is a link to a recent post I made with instructions for chicken salad quesadillas/wraps

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/145798-chicken-salad-wraps-quesadillas
  • casrudie
    Options
    Thanks folks! Any recipes that include pasta? LOVE pasta.... searching on allrecipes.com simultaneously, but I have a short attention span... lol.
  • 6Janelle13
    6Janelle13 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    i am in the same boat. some days are better then others but my go to meals are:
    Italian
    whole wheat penne
    turkey italian sausage- meat removed from casing
    hunts tomato sauce

Fish Tacos
    Talipia- from target's freezer section- pan cook (dry or with Mrs Dash fiesta lime)
    mission extra thin corn tortillas
    cabbage
    tomatos
    cheese (optional)
    avacado (optional)
    salsa (optional)

4 oz Salmon wrapped in foil with lemon slices and salt and pepper (or any seasoning mix you like) 425 for maybe 20 minutes
    serve with any green giant veggie medly (i love the navy beans, yellow carrots and spinach in garlic sauce)

any chicken breast with a green giant veggie medly that sounds good.
  • emmyvera
    emmyvera Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    HI There!

I love food and easy food too!
    The 5 Ingredient Food Fix show on Food Network rocks socks! I would suggest that for research.

My hubby and I are very busy, so when I dont' have a lot of time, like all the time..........:laugh:
    I find myself doing the simple........defrost what protein we have on hand. Fish, Chicken, Pork....etc. Then I put it with a frozen vegetable and either a salad, roasted potatoes/sweet potato. This is my go-to meal.

I've learned what items I always keep on hand so I can make up something quick and easy. Then when I do have time, I can do something more special.

Our Staples: onions, garlic, salad/greens, some variety of veggies/fruit, potatoes, frozen protein, frozen veggies & eggs

Tonight I'm doing chicken cordon bleu. Chicken, lean ham, swiss cheese with frozen broccoli. Not too many ingredients I'd say :bigsmile:
  • 6Janelle13
    6Janelle13 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/

also great site with variety
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    bump to reply later
  • notsosimplyabby
    notsosimplyabby Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Veggie Pizza

VERY REFRESHING, FILLING & YUMMY!

Cresent rolls (reduced fat)
    Cream cheese (preferably 1 bar, light or fat free)
    1/2 of Hidden valley ranch packet
    Light/Fat Free Shredded Cheese
    Veggies (I use raw carrots, broccoli, green pepper and onion.

Spread out the cresent rolls into one layer on a pan or cookie sheet. Cook for the 11 or so minutes. Let cool. While cooling mix together cream cheese and 1/2 of ranch packet and cut up veggies into small pieces. Spread creams cheese mixture over cresent roll, add veggies on top of that, and put the shredded cheese on last!

Great and is best cold, perfect for grabbing for a lunch on the go!

ENJOY! :)
  • ladyhawk00
    ladyhawk00 Posts: 2,457 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite easy chicken recipes:

Some chicken tenderloins or boneless/skinless chicken
    Tablespoon or two of lemon juice (depending on how much you're making and how much you like lemon)
    Tablespoon or two of canola oil
    1/2 t garlic (fresh or dried)
    1 t italian spices

all in a 9 x 9 pan (with aluminum foil for easy cleanup) or bigger if making a bunch

throw in the oven at 400 for about 25 - 30 min
  • franzy
    franzy Posts: 259
    Options
    try www.eatingwell.com they great recipes and healthy too. :happy:

good luck
  • casrudie
    Options
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/

also great site with variety

OMG. This website is a dream come true- so much delicious pasta! =o) Thank you!

And I've found this to help with the number of servings:

http://chefben.tripod.com/recipe_calculator.html