Why is the loss so low - shouldnt be possible.

Options
My scales are crap. they almost always show a different figure each time but it soon evens out after like 10 trys. so today it said I only lost 1.25lbs which is not possible as I have saved 1500 per day since monday if not more. thats like 6000. and that is based on my maintenance level of 2240 per day but I know its higher . I had a drink of water when I woke up without thinking. could this be the cause?

Replies

• xsmilexforxmex
    xsmilexforxmex Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    weight loss isn't linear.

I won't touch the extraordinarily unhealthy way I am perceiving that you are trying to achieve it.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    with 10lbs to go you should have a 1500k calories deficet a week...not a day...

1/2lb a week is a good rate of loss for you atm.
  • jmsspr93
    jmsspr93 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    simply no point in doing 1/2b per week as they wont pick it up. anyway, there broke now, started showing different figures when i stepped on with a different foot.
  • jmsspr93
    Options
    And also it is fairly linear in the results ive been getting.
  • Shawshankcan
    Shawshankcan Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Buy a new scale. Stop fretting over a loss that isn't big enough.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    Time to buy a new set of scales.

as for your deficit, its just too much, fuel your body properly, it'll thank you for it.

Its not a race, slow and steady is best :)
  • jmsspr93
    Options
    which ones would people recommend? Im looking for ones that dont change every single time you get on near enough? Amazon links. Digital.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    I'm from UK but got a great pair a few years ago in Argos, Salter and they were only £15 so cheap as chips almost LOL. They never falter or need stepped on a few times, they give exact reading each time :)
  • Shawshankcan
    Shawshankcan Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Mine came from costco
  • loribethrice
    loribethrice Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    which ones would people recommend? Im looking for ones that dont change every single time you get on near enough? Amazon links. Digital.

This is the scale I use:

http://www.amazon.com/Eatsmart-Precision-Bathroom-Technology-440-Pounds/dp/B0032TNPOE/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1400236344&sr=8-2&keywords=eat+smart+scale
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    If you're worried about a glass of water you really need to take a step back and think about what you're doing. The aim should be overall health not just weightloss reading this post and your previous ones and threads I really think you may have some issues that need to be addressed because the way you are losing weight and your mindset while doing it is not good for your long term health

Good Luck
  • jmsspr93
    Options
    If you're worried about a glass of water you really need to take a step back and think about what you're doing. The aim should be overall health not just weightloss reading this post and your previous ones and threads I really think you may have some issues that need to be addressed because the way you are losing weight and your mindset while doing it is not good for your long term health

Good Luck
    It just annoys me as its been so Linear and yet this happens, really for the first time for no reason . I am going to up my limit slowly once I hit this goal and I am not far off. The aim was 5 stone by the world cup (June 12th) , but that is a checkpoint not a goal, I want to lose it more slowly after that point.
  • Yelswot
    Yelswot Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Water can add a lb or so, I never drink any thing before weighing. I stayed at 1200-1400 calories last week and the scale said I gained 2 lbs so don't be discouraged, it could be worse! I hear that if you are trying to lose weight you should eat most of your food between 6am-11am. "Eat like a king in the morning and a beggar at night" something like that. I did that yesterday and 2.8 lbs came off. Not saying it was just because of yesterday, I did pretty good all week, 1200-1400 cals per day. So, try eating at different times, like 70% of your food in the AM. This is when you have the most spleen qi energy, according to my acupuncturist. I need to try doing this more myself and see if it works for me. Make sure you are drinking water throughout the day!
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    simply no point in doing 1/2b per week as they wont pick it up. anyway, there broke now, started showing different figures when i stepped on with a different foot.

there absolutely is a point... what matters is the state of your body, not a number on a scale....

how fast or slow you go is not a matter of personal preference, it's a matter of what's going on in your body. Losing weight too fast means it's not fat you're losing but lean mass such as muscle. You can't just choose how your body responds to a given deficit any more than you can choose what direction something falls in when you can drop it. The choices you have are to choose to work with your body (i.e. losing fat the healthy way, which means slowly at the stage you're at) or to continue trying to lose it quickly which means you'll be losing lean mass along with the fat which slows your metabolism as well as making your body look soft and flabby as opposed to firm and toned. To look firm and toned, you need to lose just fat. Stop focusing on the scale and start focusing on body fat percentage. When you make that shift mentally, you'll understand just how pointless and potentially damaging it is to try to lose weight too quickly.