Feel a binge coming on

Options
LouieShoe
LouieShoe Posts: 9 Member
Hi all - I'm putting this post out there to hold myself accountable. I feel a serious binge of drinking and eating coming on tonight. I think this is about the third week of watching what I eat, and it's been good so far - I don't want to throw it away. Hopefully some of you will understand how that craving can be on your mind all day long.

I'm going to check in and respond to this post tomorrow morning either way.

Replies

• sassymanatee
    sassymanatee Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I'm feeling the same way, so I'm going to binge on celery instead and hopefully fill myself so I won't even think about other food. :P
  • itodd4019
    itodd4019 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    great self awareness!!

Manage it - make a plan! Verses spending all that money on a binge- make a plan!

Grab your girl, or a fiend, go to a restaurant- enjoy a beer and a whiskey at the bar (1), then sit down, have a steak and brocolli, then one last beer on your way out. Just have nice drinks and dinner, like a normal person would. Go home, lay down, rest and feel accomplished, controlled!

Don't BINGE!!!

Please, prove to me it can be done, then maybe I can do the same thing next time I feel that way!

Todd
  • LouieShoe
    Options
    Thanks Todd - it's good to know you're out there watching! I appreciate it bro.
  • dazkeirle
    dazkeirle Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Gonna munch on grilled chicken with a little corn, no breads ... Should curb this evenings pangs.
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    In to see how it turns out.

hD6CF3660
  • MandyH1991
    MandyH1991 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Don't do it! I regret it right after! You've already started. Don't have to start again!
  • LouieShoe
    Options
    Here's the update I promised yesterday. I was able to make it through the night without a drink and without overeating. I couldn't have done that without those of you who responded to the post. I really appreciate your support. It's a great relief to know there are people who understand out there in your corner.

Thanks again everyone.
  • alg42
    alg42 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Well done you :-) sometimes it's really difficult to deal with that binge craving. All the above suggestions are great; I'll be using some of them next time I feel this way.
  • auntyfred
    auntyfred Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Well done. I'm impressed. xx
  • itodd4019
    itodd4019 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Here's the update I promised yesterday. I was able to make it through the night without a drink and without overeating. I couldn't have done that without those of you who responded to the post. I really appreciate your support. It's a great relief to know there are people who understand out there in your corner.

Thanks again everyone.

Awesome you are!!!!!!

:bigsmile:
  • BelliDancer
    BelliDancer Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I didn't realise when I was reading your post that it was too late for intervention. Anyway, well done for reaching out and for resisting the urge. I wanted to share my strategy when a big night looms: I remind myself that I will feel super-amazing the next day if I acknowledge a surfacing urge to binge -- and then ignore it. I call this a "willpower pushup". Conversely, I will feel like utter **** if I give in. Also, if you're having a binge craving .... try to burn some extra calories at the gym. On one hand, that gives you a cushion to go a little over if you want to feed the monster, but, more importantly, a good workout does something to the brain (my brain, anyway)| that makes me more likely to make good choices.
  • amongstthewildflowers
    amongstthewildflowers Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Well done, Great job! The fact that you came on mfp and reached out when you wanted to binge is amazing, you should be proud of yourself that's a huge accomplishment! I know how strong those binge cravings can be.
  • sassymanatee
    sassymanatee Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I'm so proud of you! I wondered how you did. :)