IIFYM Spreadsheet

Options
CookNLift
CookNLift Posts: 3,660 Member
My protein macros seem to be really low on here, and I want to check and see what should accurately be my protein, carb, fat macros and calorie intake but I can't figure out why my protein is so low, and if I should adjust it manually.

I am unsure as to what my body fat percentage is, but if anyone can help me find a spreadsheet to fill out and how to enter the body fat percentage based on an estimate that would be fantastic.

If you can't estimate it and it really makes a huge impact, where can I go to get it checked?

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    MFP defaults to 15% cals from protein, which is low. So yes you should change it yourself. Goals > Change Goals > custom

there are many BF% calculators out there, none are really accurate, you may was well guess. If in doubt take 15-20%, unless you can see your abs then look in the 8-12% range
  • kill3rtofu
    kill3rtofu Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Ignore the mfp percentages. Change your macros using this http://iifym.com/iifym-calculator/
  • macrotracko
    macrotracko Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    You can estimate your body fat percentage with the US Navy method
    http://fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy
    It's not perfect but it's close. I just did mine and it was off by 2%.

For protein I do 1g per pound of lean body mass, which seems to be allowing me to gain muscle while losing fat. I'm also a lady though, so you might want a bit more. Not sure.
  • CookNLift
    Options
    Thanks for the responses! I am curious though, because I will be lifting 5 days a week with maybe some cardio thrown in here and there, but since I'm just starting out, I'm not sure what to put for the exercise level since it could be different from person to person when they do their exercises. I just don't know how the calories amount works since I don't have an accurate reading of how much I burn during a lifting session.
  • CookNLift
    Options
    Also, @kill - since I am not lean, should I go with the Athlete's or Lean Mass formula (I assume Lean, but since I'm new to it, I'd rather double check)
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the responses! I am curious though, because I will be lifting 5 days a week with maybe some cardio thrown in here and there, but since I'm just starting out, I'm not sure what to put for the exercise level since it could be different from person to person when they do their exercises. I just don't know how the calories amount works since I don't have an accurate reading of how much I burn during a lifting session.

That is the beauty of TDEE calculators, you eat same amount everyday, and if after a few weeks the results are not what you expect, up or lower cals by 1-200 and re-evaluate.