Had a couple NSVs this past week!

Options
jlynnm70
jlynnm70 Posts: 460 Member
1. On mother's day - my 22 year old son - said Mom, I know I shouldn't ask, but how much have you lost? You are looking really good! - I told him the truth - almost 18# (and it is noticeable)

2. Last night we had to move all the plants inside because of a frost warning (we garden in pots since we rent) and I went outside and picked up the biggest pot by myself and took it in. My husband looked at me and said "Whoa.....I thought I was gonna have to move that one and you just whipped it up and carried it away! - You are getting stronger and I'm getting weaker"

Both made me feel pretty good - because my son rarely says much at all and my husband has noticed the strength changes since I've been going to work out - nice that he notices that too and not just the fact that my butt is smaller!

Replies

• nickalow11
    nickalow11 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Both fantastic NSVs. Way to go!!
  • LoreeBelle
    LoreeBelle Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you've got great family support! Congrats on these NSVs and keep up the great work! :o)
  • elghee123
    elghee123 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Full support from them and they really appreciate it. Nice!
  • jlynnm70
    Options
    Sounds like you've got great family support! Congrats on these NSVs and keep up the great work! :o)

I really do....My daughter (18) will go for walks with me. The little ones encourage me to do things (my 8 year old will not let me take and escalator or elevator - we have to take the stairs!) or they say Mommy, you shouldn't eat that - they like to hide the potato chips from me because that is a total weakness!

My husband is a trained chef and even though I do most of the cooking at home, he will help me make adjustments or suggestions to adapt a meal so it is healthier. For the most part they all try to eat the crappy junk food during their days, rather than at night when I am home. I always say it is ok - but ya know it's nice when they go out for ice cream after school and I don't even see it - therefore don't miss is - than going out in the evenings (and if you look at my diary - I still eat that stuff!)
  • KombuchaCat
    KombuchaCat Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Awesome! You are doing fantastic, keep it up!
  • Running_Spirit
    Options
    Great NSV's! ♥
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Great NSVs and what a great family, I love hearing the way people can make their healthy changes work without becoming tyrants at home ;-)
  • logg1e
    logg1e Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    I read "couple NSV" and was expecting a rather different story! Congratulations on your weight loss and on having such lovely men in your life.
  • jlynnm70
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
    :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!