Weight yo-yo'ing

Options
Last year I managed to lose a stone but I still have just under 3 to go. Since I reached a certain weight I lose a few pounds and then the next week it creeps back on. I walk on a regular basis and go jogging 3 times a week, I mainly eat back my workout calories.

I was wondering if my endometriosis could be a factor or the fact that I don't drink much water as I've never been a great drinker. Starting to feel really deflated and wonder if I'm ever going to get back to my pre-children weight.

Replies

• auranya
    auranya Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I should add - I'm set to sedentary as I'm a housewife and to lose a lb a week.
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    I would open your diary up and give some stats for people to give you some advice :)
  • MamaNatalie13
    Options
    I can't speak to the matter of endemetriosis, but it sounds to me like you need to switch up your routine. Whenever you body gets used to the activity you have been doing - you stop burning calories as efficiently. Not to say you can't continue walking, but maybe you could try a different route that has more hills, or you could increase your speed a little bit. You could also try wearing light ankle weights on your walks - just an idea! Good luck!
  • TeamCassieCass
    TeamCassieCass Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Like another poster said our bodies can get used to anything. You should definitely consider increasing your activity level and trying new things. Even cleaning and gardening can burn some serious calories. Sometimes just marching in place during commercials or jogging a little further than you normally do. The more you increase your activity the more you will lose. Good luck.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    For weight loss purposes - what you are/aren't eating (calorie-wise) is more important that what you are/aren't doing (exercise-wise)

You can exercise all day long, but if you eat more than you burn, you won't lose weight.

What is your calorie goal per day, how much are you eating, and are you measuring portions accurately?
  • auranya
    auranya Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    My goal is 1460 per day, I measure all portions and tend to eat back most of calories used by exercise. I rarely go over my calories.