Exercising Armed

Options
RainRedfield
RainRedfield Posts: 597 Member
When exercising outdoors, do you carrying a defense weapon of any type?

Replies

• wardamnirish
    wardamnirish Posts: 395
    Options
    I do not, but have certainly thought about it. It would be really easy to take me out during one of my early morning runs.
  • oxers
    oxers Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Not really. I live in an exceptionally good neighborhood in Utah, though, and our crime rate is crazy low. I've never been worried about it. If I were living in Escondido again or running at night or something, though, I'd absolutely be carrying police-grade mace with me.
  • scarrletti_girl
    scarrletti_girl Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    When I go out for walks around town I carry pepper spray and a rape whistle. Because I watch those shows where people get kidnapped and murdered because they were jogging and yeah. That show has shown me that no town is safe enough. So I go out prepared. I even carry my pepper spray when I go to the store because you never know.
    plus pepper spray is a good deterrent for most animals too.
  • BrownEyedSister
    BrownEyedSister Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Making sure I come back to read the responses... :bigsmile:
  • sentaruu
    sentaruu Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    typically whenever I am outdoors in the woods I have at least a pocket knife on me just in case I run into an issue with nature...
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    I thought this would be about.. Loaded guns...
  • Squidgeypaws007
    Squidgeypaws007 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Nope, I'd totally take myself out with any weapon and it would be useless and possibly even dangerous to me if I were attacked. I do practice martial arts though :bigsmile:
  • Asherah29
    Asherah29 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I always carry a pocket knife I would like to get my concealed and carry license in order to carry a pistol just for safety factor - I run on a old road off a major highway. The only two houses nearby are about a mile apart, and its in the middle of nowhere. Besides the creeper possibility there's lots and lots of coyotes.
  • sentaruu
    sentaruu Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    Elmer_fudd-2.jpg
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    I never go out wihtout it ...

ois-weapons-2.jpg

But in all seriousness, I run in the woods behind my house, and the most dangerous thing out there are coyotes - but they're generally afraid of people, and there's enough people walking large breed dogs off-leash out there that I'm not worried (I see 10-15 people and their dogs on any given run). And invisible bears. They come out at twilight on the darker trails. You can hear them in the woods. They're EVERYWHERE.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    just a machete but i always carry it
  • Iceberg_Simpson
    Iceberg_Simpson Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Yes. My body is a lethal weapon.
  • andylowry
    andylowry Posts: 89
    Options
    I have a revolver on me unless I'm asleep.
  • dcwardell
    dcwardell Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I work on a military installation and usually go my running on base, either before or after work. We can't carry weapons on-base! Anytime I am not on base I have a little .380 I carry (leagally) in a Thunderwear(R) holster. Works fine with sweats or loose running shorts. When I was in Baghdad we always carried weapons - I found a Nighthawk(R) shoulder holster worked well for carrying my gov't issue 9mm.
  • RainRedfield
    Options
    Depending on the time of day and area I'm exercising in I carry

Handgun, Asp x2 (Extend-a-Batons), Knife, Taser, or Pepper Spray.

More often than not I carry 2 of the above.
  • MagJam2004
    MagJam2004 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    just some thoughts on the issue

http://iranwithrobert.com/archives/591

personally, I don't carry anything. Though there are some wild dogs and I've debated whether or not I should change that.
  • RainRedfield
    Options
    just some thoughts on the issue

http://iranwithrobert.com/archives/591

personally, I don't carry anything. Though there are some wild dogs and I've debated whether or not I should change that.

Great link :)
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    I always take my arms with me :laugh:
  • DevSanchez
    DevSanchez Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Being a female and normally running in a huge park early in the morning, sometimes before the sun is at full peak its a necessity. I carry my wittle baby Ruger LCP. I am also usually armed with an 80lbs Pitbull.
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    Elmer_fudd-2.jpg
    Wrong gun. I was thinking of a flesh-type one, tbh.