Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Are Fruit Smoothies Okay as Snacks on Herbalife

Hello I'm new to this site. I just started the Herbalife Ultimate Program yesterday. Many years ago when I was in my early 30s I had lost 60 lbs on this. Well now I'm 55 and with a permanent back injury, so since 05 when I was injured I've gained the weight back. I am disabled so I'm just not able to do any exercise. Anyway I'm tired of being over weight. I feel depressed because my injury has changed my life drastically, but to be heavy again too. I figured I can't do anything about my injury, but I can try to loose some weight. So as of yesterday I started the Herballife Ultimate Diet, which is the one for people who have more than a few pounds to loose I guess. Anyway I love the shakes and have been doing good on it so far. No side effects ect. My question is does anybody know if it's okay to have a fruit smoothy as a snack in between the shakes? - I'm really determined to stick to this 1000% which may be a little hard as my husband is constantly eating. Oh well I'm going to try.

Replies

• skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    ive never used a product such as herbalife, so my advice may be unwelcome, but i wanted to chime in and let you know that with the help of this site to maintain a healthy caloric deficit, you can totally do this on your own without the unnecessary expense of gimmick like herbalife.
  • Ashado2014
    Ashado2014 Posts: 25 Member
    Thank you!! I appreciate your input it gives me hope.
  • freddi11e
    freddi11e Posts: 317 Member
    As long as you maintain a calorie deficit your snacks can be whatever you want them to be.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    ive never used a product such as herbalife, so my advice may be unwelcome, but i wanted to chime in and let you know that with the help of this site to maintain a healthy caloric deficit, you can totally do this on your own without the unnecessary expense of gimmick like herbalife.

^^^ Yep!!! What this guy said. Ultimately you have to learn to have a healthy relationship with food. If you use MFP to count your calories you can enjoy a variety of foods and not limit yourself to shakes. It will help you develop healthy habits that will last a lifetime!!!

****as far as the fruit smoothie. Beware....that tend to have a lot more calories then if you just opted to eat a piece of fruit.
  • Ashado2014
    Ashado2014 Posts: 25 Member
    Thank you
  • FabulouslyFitTam
    FabulouslyFitTam Posts: 70 Member
    Yes, you can have fruit as snacks, although I would suggest something with protein (cucumber with hummus, turkey breast wrapped with a slice of cheese, an apple with a TBSP natural peanut butter)