Some advice please

Options
My tdee is 2291.
My Basel is 1258

Mfp is set at 1200 so I should lose a pound a week.

I am eating back my extra cals from my fitbit. Approximately I'm eating around 1700/1800 per day. My fitbit says I'm burning 2300 per day

I have been doing this for 3 weeks and haven't lost a pound.

Where am I going wrong?

I do wonder if the mini pill I take makes a difference.

Replies

• ravenmiss
    ravenmiss Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Have you lost inches? Do you weigh all your food?
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    Do you weigh your food? Log everything, every day?

If so, then give it a little more time.

(Not sure about the pill you mentioned.)
  • kk_140
    kk_140 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    are you eating back exercise calories?

Assuming that you're logging accurately, you are probably over estimating calories burned during exercise. Cut the amount you eat back in half and see what happens.
  • pinkjan4288
    pinkjan4288 Posts: 13
    Options
    Yes I log everything.
    I weigh food.
    I think I should not eat back any exercise cals. I'm worried I will be really hungry.
    I have to walk my dog for 2 x hour walks everyday. That totals a good 4/5 miles.plus I'm very active during the day
    My fitbit everyday says I've walked between 7 and 9 miles.
  • connorsw95
    connorsw95 Posts: 15
    Options
    you're probably not in as much of a calorie deficit as you think you are. Measure your food out for a while, including the snacks :P - online calculators are notoriously finicky and inaccurate so don't take these as oath - experiment with your own body to see what works for you. Maybe you're retaining water - try reducing sodium and carbohydrates slightly and drink more water to try to flush it out :) best of luck
  • pinkjan4288
    pinkjan4288 Posts: 13
    Options
    I do love toast and salted almonds.

Not together though
  • connorsw95
    connorsw95 Posts: 15
    Options
    I do love toast and salted almonds.

Not together though

as long as you aren't having two slices of toast with a full english in the morning, a sandwich for lunch and bread to mop up the gravy/curry sauce on the chip shop tea I wouldn't worry too much about a piece of bread :laugh:
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    If you feel you're logging and calculating calorie burns correctly, you should be losing. You could try to do like, 1500 calories a day, ignore exercise calories and see how that works out. Or you could keep doing what you're doing and give it a little more time.

I don't think the pill will make a difference as long as you're in a calorie deficit.
  • lindsey1979
    lindsey1979 Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Provided that you're logging/weighing accurately (and it sounds like you are), it's probably just a water retention issue. Some people, especially women, can take up to 6-8 weeks to see the fat loss results and we can retain up to 8 lbs water. Some even suggest that women track their progress on a monthly basis -- comparing the same weeks in their cycle to the previous cycle.

Stick with it and if you still don't see any results after 8 weeks, come talk to us again as something else is up.

Here are some good articles on this:
    http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/of-whooshes-and-squishy-fat.html
    http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/adjusting-the-diet.html