Running shirt with Zippered Pocket ?

Options
2»

Replies

• Kevalicious99
    Kevalicious99 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    Done deal .. ordered $126 worth of Scottevest products (3 varieties of their performance t shirt) ... and am excited to try them out.

http://www.scottevest.com/v3_store/SeV_Tshirt.shtml

There is nothing out there like this .. and I am really amazed at that.

I will try to do a review of the products here once I get them .. probably a couple of weeks.

- Kevin -
  • Eric_DeCastro
    Eric_DeCastro Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I think the demand is low for this type of shirt because they have so many belts to chose from. and belts work and people don't complain about them. and if you run over 6 miles it's a good idea to have water so you would most likely have a fuel belt on. good luck with those shirts, I hope they live up to your expectations.
  • actlc
    actlc Posts: 84
    Options
    Let us know how well the shirts are after you tried. And how waterproof they are.
    My shirt & shorts are soaking wet after running. It would only be good if it's fully waterproof.

I am currently using a spibelt and so far so good.
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I'd love to find one too. I use my Garmin for GPS but still bring my phone when I run as a safety thing - if I twist an ankle or pull a muscle 5 miles from home I want to be able to call for help. I'm not totally out in the country but there's not a whole lot of traffic where I run either, and even so flagging down a stranger doesn't feel like much of an option. "Hi I'm injured & vulnerable - could I please jump in your car and have you hopefully bring me to my house?"

not to sound mean, but what did we do before cellphones were invented? but to each their own. =)

I didn't run then. And, not to sound mean, but as a man you probably don't really get it.
  • recoveryjo
    recoveryjo Posts: 1
    Options
    Nike has great running shirts with zippered pockets
  • Goofyrunnergirl
    Options
    Sorry OP, this won't help you, but for the women that are looking for a running top with a pocket, check out Skirt Sports.
    https://www.skirtsports.com/shop/product.cfm/id/3018-Tri-Tank#.U3eIbPldXT4

I don't have any of their shirts, but I have half a dozen of their skirts...and I love them!
  • Kevalicious99
    Kevalicious99 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    Nike has great running shirts with zippered pockets

I have contacted Nike .. and they sell no running shirts with pockets. They said "the only zippered pockets are on the jackets".

I would be interested in where you get this from ?
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    Road runner sports has a nice short sleeve shirt with a pocket big enough for your cell. Good quality stuff!

http://www.roadrunnersports.com/rrs/products/RRM2072/mens-rgear-cool-it-short-sleeve/
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I see running shirts with zippered pockets all the time. Try an actual running store.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    I see running shirts with zippered pockets all the time. Try an actual running store.

BUT THAT'S SO MUCH WORK!!! WAAAH
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    SBI Belt. You can thank me later.

http://www.spibelt.com/products/spibelt

Nthing the SPIbelt. If you sweat a lot in your lower back, though, put the phone in a baggie. The SPIbelt isn't waterproof. Ask me how I know....
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    I'd love to find one too. I use my Garmin for GPS but still bring my phone when I run as a safety thing - if I twist an ankle or pull a muscle 5 miles from home I want to be able to call for help. I'm not totally out in the country but there's not a whole lot of traffic where I run either, and even so flagging down a stranger doesn't feel like much of an option. "Hi I'm injured & vulnerable - could I please jump in your car and have you hopefully bring me to my house?"

not to sound mean, but what did we do before cellphones were invented? but to each their own. =)

We didn't need zippered pockets on our shirts that's for damn sure.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    The belt option is not going to happen. If I was to do that .. I might as well just put it in my pants .. but I hate things bouncing around when I run.

As funny as it seems .. there is just virtually nothing out there that fits the bill. The scottevest may be my option but I hate buying clothes online as I cannot try stuff on.

But I did find this and this may be an option .. http://www.511tactical.com/holster-shirt.html

You could tuck it into your bra.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options

Just because we never used to have it doesn't mean it isn't useful.
    I am hardly they type of person to be nervous when running but I think a cellphone is pretty useful. I rarely ever had to use it but the few times I have I was very thankful to have it. 7 miles out from home and unable to continue running is not fun. I'd much rather rely on my cellphone than knock on a stranger's door and not because I'm afraid.
    It was also pretty helpful when I forgot to put water out and texted my husband. Luckily I also have a very sweet husband who went out to drop the water for me.
    I now use a fuel belt for my longer runs. I find them comfortable and can carry all my stuff (I know that isn't what OP is looking for).