I just ate 3000 cal for lunch without knowing!

Options
I went to my mom's house for lunch with my kids and ate close to 3000 calories in one sitting and did not even know it! I knew it would be a lot but 3000!!!! How do you come back from that????

Replies

• squiggysmama
    Options
    you get up, put your feet on the floor and start a new day tomorrow. Unless you die in your sleep, you get another chance tomorrow.
  • kateangel2312
    kateangel2312 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I do this every week but for the day
    maybe, yep just get back on it
  • chubbyyummymommy
    chubbyyummymommy Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I love the unless you die in your sleep comment. I don't know if it was suppose to funny but it gave me a chuckle, I have twisted sense of humor.
  • chubbyyummymommy
    chubbyyummymommy Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I guess I have no choice but to keep going. Still can not get over the 3000 though! The stuff must be made with pure lard.
  • mary659497
    mary659497 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Exercise
  • fknlardarse
    fknlardarse Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Just out of interest what did you eat?
  • freddi11e
    freddi11e Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    i ate 4565 on mothers day. im still alive. bloated but alive :)
  • lswatson111304
    lswatson111304 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Aww its always hard eating when other people cook you just have no idea how much bad stuff goes into your food. That's a ton of calories for one meal though! What was it? All you can do is keep going. Don't worry about what has already happened and do better tomorrow, and the next day and the next day. Also, try to log before you eat. Even if you guess what it will all be from the database it still gives you an idea!
  • zagemeel
    zagemeel Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Yes , I would like to know that too. What did you eat?
  • VoodooSyxx
    VoodooSyxx Posts: 297
    Options
    I'm not judging, but how does one "accidentally" eat 3000 calories? Were they servin up cinnabon or somethin?

ETA: I had a Taco Bell Holocaust happen the other day and ended up eating around 1400 calories of it. It sure wasn't an accident though. I knew exactly what I was doing.
  • LilyBentley2013
    LilyBentley2013 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Honestly, like everyone else is saying, just try, try again tomorrow. Every two or three weeks I will intentionally eat that kind of stuff, and if your intake is normally low, you'll get to the toilet tomorrow and the damage will be gone.

Normally I eat around 1200 or less, then I'll splurge on a Big Mac AND brownies or pizza in the same day on that 2/3 week mark.
  • salvationsdying
    salvationsdying Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Id like to know what you had too lol.

At any rate log before you eat, it helps a lot. Work out a bit tonight if u can to burn it off. Also tomorrow is a new day. :) you can start over
  • craziedazie
    craziedazie Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Was it delicious at least?

Don't worry, it was a learning experience. When I go to my in laws I have to take small portions because their meals have a billion calories.
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    First off, if it was me I'd go and do some exercise - use those calories as fuel to power a decent workout.

Even without that, I'd not worry - I doubt you're more than 1000 over your TDEE.

Treat it as a 'reset' to mix it up a bit and keep your body guessing.

At the very worst, you might have put a third of a pound of fat on.
  • Anonycatgirl
    Anonycatgirl Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Was it delicious? In that case, what you do is log it and remember to take a much smaller portion of it next time, and make sure to get in extra exercise if you know it's on the menu.

If if wasn't that delicious, log it and remember not to eat it again.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    Over the course of a day this seems bad. A week, not so much. A month; and it's nothing.

Assuming your normal lunch is 500 cal, and you change NOTHING else and eat normally tonight and the rest of the week, you'll lose eh .. about 3/4lb less this week than you would have if you didnt have the 3000 calorie lunch.
  • lizfreakinm
    lizfreakinm Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    You'll be fine! You'd be surprised how many calories can be in recipes and how small the portions are. I would just throw an extra work out day in the mix and start new tomorrow. 3,000 in one night isn't going to make you gain all the weight you've lost back. Just keep at it! :]
  • mnashp
    mnashp Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    i'm with everyone else: dying to know what happened!

i ate out the other day with my daughter and practically fainted when i figured up the calories later. So i understand the shock. I felt greasy and nasty the next day, so i used that as a warning flag for the next time i forget myself and walked extra that day.
  • pentrox
    pentrox Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    These things happen sometimes. Tomorrow is an opportunity to do better. :smile:
  • MonaLisaLianne
    MonaLisaLianne Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is another day. Now you know that EVERYTHING you eat counts. I had a wake-up moment like that, too, when I realized that one of my favorite week-end treats was about 3500 calories. LOL Now, IF I have it, I weigh it on my digital scale, and walk my tushie off to make up for it. =)